The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posters here are hoping for this case to be dismissed? Gives me hope that the jury will do the right thing. The kid was murdered and Zimmerman does not deserve to just go live his life and possibly kill again.

There needs to be some consequences for this guy.

WHETHER the kid was "murdered" is the QUESTION, not the premise.

In fact, the evidence DOES support the position of the defense that it was NOT murder.

The kid was killed but that is not the same thing as "murder."

What is at issue is whether or not the killing was legally "justified."

Based on the State's case (even though I doubt the judge will rule accordingly) the proper answer SHOULD be "yes." He was justified. The STATE failed to PROVE its own case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thus, the Judge SHOULD enter the judgment of ACQUITTAL right here and right now.

I would rather have a jury verdict.

Why? Why should the defense be forced to go on with questioning? The prosecution clearly demonstrated that they have no solid prima facie case to infer guilt on the defendant.

No, I am all for the defense making the motion but I do not see it granted as there are material facts that are jury questions to me.
Credibility of the eye witness which I believe is strong but that is a material fact issue and all of those are jury questions to decide.
However, if the Judge believes that falls within the presumption of allowable force then maybe so but I would rather have a jury decide that.

Posters here are hoping for this case to be dismissed? Gives me hope that the jury will do the right thing. The kid was murdered and Zimmerman does not deserve to just go live his life and possibly kill again.

Emotion has no place when a mans life is on the line. This is a clear cut case for self defense, the evidence, the testimony, all of it says Zimmerman did everything correctly.

It was clearly not self defense. Zimmerman had no life threatening injuries and Trayvon only had one. The gunshot wound. Call it emotion if you wish but this jury hopefully sees the case differently than you.

The kid is dead and Zimmerman is fine. That's clearly murder.

I don't think the judge has the intestinal fortitude to take the heat for acquittal here.

She should...but I don't think she will.

I hope I am wrong.

Any chance she'll aquit now?

I don't think she's brave enough

Hilarious. So now you've got it all set up. In your minds, of course he's innocent and everyone can see that (not). And the only reason he won't be acquited is because the judge and/or jury are afraid of riots. You get to have it both ways. Either he goes free because he deseves to, or he doesn't because people are afraid of rioting. Cute.

The fact is, he is a guilty man who should not be acquited. The judge and jury don't have to see it your way and very well may not. You folks are the ones who are biased. Since when does an innnocent person go out for a walk in the evening and end up dead because of a gun toting vigilante and it's the innocent person's fault he is dead? It's a wishful dream for all of you gun nuts that carry around your weapons just waiting for a chance to blow someone away, and you don't even realize how far off the mark you are about how the rest of the people in this country feel about private citizens carrying weapons and shooting anyone who looks at them cross eyed.

Sigh, you want to start from the beginning again?

It's standard procedure and nothing in the States case so far contradicts GZ testimony outside TM's brother and mothers unreliable claim he was calling for help.

The whole notion that Zimmerman "stalked" Trayvon Martin with the intent of using his gun flies right out the window when you actually look at the situation.

Zimmerman doesn't draw his weapon until he fears that the man who is atop him and has been beating him without letup has noticed his gun and is trying to get it. Only then...does Zimmerman elect to use the weapon.

But more importantly...if Trayvon Martin REALLY is frightened by the "creepy assed Cracker" that followed him...what possible reason would he have to leave the safety of the condo he was staying at...a condo that he could have very easily called the police himself to report the "stalking"...and walk back up the hundred yards plus to get to where Zimmerman is returning to his SUV? And if he DID do that simply to see if the man was still there (your claim that I'm sorry to say that I find to be almost laughable, 25) why wouldn't he let the man continue on his way? Why would he step out of the darkness and ask "You got a problem?"...an opening salvo that anyone who's ever been in a fight recognizes as threatening.

Emotion has no place when a mans life is on the line. This is a clear cut case for self defense, the evidence, the testimony, all of it says Zimmerman did everything correctly.

It was clearly not self defense. Zimmerman had no life threatening injuries and Trayvon only had one. The gunshot wound. Call it emotion if you wish but this jury hopefully sees the case differently than you.

The kid is dead and Zimmerman is fine. That's clearly murder.

No. You remain flatly wrong and illogical on this point.

It isn't "clearly" murder. And it isn't even "probably" murder.

It's a killing. Not all killings are murder.

A life threatening injury is NOT legally required.

This was by ALL appearances (if one is bound by the evidence and logic) a justified shooting.

Tragic? You bet. A murder? Nope.

I would rather have a jury verdict.

Why? Why should the defense be forced to go on with questioning? The prosecution clearly demonstrated that they have no solid prima facie case to infer guilt on the defendant.

No, I am all for the defense making the motion but I do not see it granted as there are material facts that are jury questions to me.
Credibility of the eye witness which I believe is strong but that is a material fact issue and all of those are jury questions to decide.
However, if the Judge believes that falls within the presumption of allowable force then maybe so but I would rather have a jury decide that.

I agree, regardless of what O'Mara contends, the judge will deny the motion. I will be flatly surprised if she grants it.

HEY MARC:

A few weeks ago here in Atlanta a new Nike shoe was coming out and there was a line of people that waited over night to get the shoes.
That morning early a black man came and attempted to rob another black man and ANOTHER black man pulled his gun out and shot him.
DEAD.
The man that shot and killed him was not being threatened in ANY WAY.
And the police did not charge him with anything.
Right in your own back yard and where WERE YOU to complain about that?
There was NO force or anything.
Because they both were BLACK.

If the judge does dismiss the charges, can the State refile?

I guess they could if a new witness were to come forward, but I don't know.

It don't matter, this judge isn't going to throw it out, she isn't brave enough to do it.

One of our lawyerees needs to answer. But I think if she does it without prejudice they can.

A they won't refile
B she won't dismiss

We're going to be here til the bleeding bloody train wreck verdict.

It is a procedural move by MOM to preserve his right to move for an NOV in the event of a jury conviction. A motion to dismiss ior nonsuit is rarely granted because the Judge would rather step in and correct an erroneous verdict than take it away from the jury. .. while hoping all along that the jury does not mess things up.

People need to go back and watch the testimony, look at the evidence again. I just don't see how you can say Zimmerman is guilty of Second Degree Murder. If you do, I just don't know what else, what other proof you need.

I guess you see guilt because Zimmerman is a White Hispanic and Martin is African American and that's all the evidence you need.

The judge will not dismiss the case. In order for the judge to dismiss the case or give a directed verdict, everything the prosecution claims has to be accepted as true. If everything the prosecution has said is true, and they still haven't proven Zimmerman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then the verdict can be directed and the case dismissed because there are no more issues of triable fact.

O'Mara has to move for a dismissal because that's proper legal procedure. It has no bearing on this particular case. Although the attorney is doing a very good job in making the claim that the prosecution basically laid out the defense case.

GZ was in a scrap...his injuries do not suggest life threatening injuries...the only way to believe that his life was in danger is to believe his embellishments after the fact...punched 12-14 times? bs...where are the facial injuries that suggest that?

You're right. You have the right to shoot someone who is doing something that would put fear of death in a reasonable person. Zimmerman had every right to shoot Martin. Hell, he had an obligation to.
But according to GADAWG, you have the right to shoot someone just because they hit you. That's it.

It doesn't work like that, you have to be in fear of your life.

We do not live in the wild wild West anymore. Those days are long gone.

True story:

Fifteen or twenty years ago, we were having a real problem down here with tourists getting car-jacked after arriving at the Miami Airport.

It was so bad that several European Countries were threatening to put 'Travel Warnings' out for people headed to Miami.

Florida is the #1 Tourist destination on Earth. Nobody else even gets close. It's big money. BIG money.

So the State told Miami to get it's shit together -- Or else.

They tried everything, extra Cops, tiplines, Cops on foot, helicopter patrols.... Everything.

Nothing worked.

Here's what was happeneing. When you rent a car and leave the Miami Airport, if you turn one direction, you're fine. You turn the other direction and in two minutes you're in the heart of Liberty City. Bad neighborhood.

The local crack heads knew something that hadn't occured to our gubmint officials yet --

All rented and leased cars at that time had license plates that started with an "X' a "Y" or a "Z".

So the bad guys knew that those people wandering around in Liberty City were tourists and definitely unarmed.

So they were singling them out and car-jacking and often murdering them.

Solution.... Simple. Just stop using those license plates.

Because down here, most residents have a gun in their car with them. Something about three moves and it's perfectly legal. In fact, the Cops don't pay any attention to that. Everybody carries down here, Marc. Everybody.

So our resident crackheads got desperate and started trying to carjack people without the fore-knowledge that they'd be unarmed tourists and....

They got the shit killed out of themselves. It was so bad that the Miami NAACP made a big stink about. About how too many of 'their' people were getting killed.

They were told to shut the fuck up and go away.

You try to carjack people down here and you ain't gonna live very long. Billy Bob is gonna shoot your ass dead. REAL dead.

And down here, in Florida, Marc?

You walk up to someone and punch him in the nose, breaking it?

And the odds are pretty good you're going to die that day. Maybe that minute.

And nothing will be done to the guy or girl that shot you.

You don't like it? Stay out of Florida

Great post. Such a great post I almost broke my self-imposed rule to not use emoticons ------- clap ,clap.

It was clearly not self defense. Zimmerman had no life threatening injuries and Trayvon only had one. .

One does not need to be dead to exercise the right to self defense, nor does one have to be almost dead. In fact, in many instances, a person properly exercising self defense will not suffer any physical injury whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back