The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Why should the defense be forced to go on with questioning? The prosecution clearly demonstrated that they have no solid prima facie case to infer guilt on the defendant.

No, I am all for the defense making the motion but I do not see it granted as there are material facts that are jury questions to me.
Credibility of the eye witness which I believe is strong but that is a material fact issue and all of those are jury questions to decide.
However, if the Judge believes that falls within the presumption of allowable force then maybe so but I would rather have a jury decide that.

I agree, regardless of what O'Mara contends, the judge will deny the motion. I will be flatly surprised if she grants it.

As will I. She will let the jury decide.

I don't think the judge has the intestinal fortitude to take the heat for acquittal here.

She should...but I don't think she will.

I hope I am wrong.

Any chance she'll aquit now?

I don't think she's brave enough

Hilarious. So now you've got it all set up. In your minds, of course he's innocent and everyone can see that (not). And the only reason he won't be acquited is because the judge and/or jury are afraid of riots. You get to have it both ways. Either he goes free because he deseves to, or he doesn't because people are afraid of rioting. Cute.

The fact is, he is a guilty man who should not be acquited. The judge and jury don't have to see it your way and very well may not. You folks are the ones who are biased. Since when does an innnocent person go out for a walk in the evening and end up dead because of a gun toting vigilante and it's the innocent person's fault he is dead? It's a wishful dream for all of you gun nuts that carry around your weapons just waiting for a chance to blow someone away, and you don't even realize how far off the mark you are about how the rest of the people in this country feel about private citizens carrying weapons and shooting anyone who looks at them cross eyed.

Sigh, you want to start from the beginning again?

It's standard procedure and nothing in the States case so far contradicts GZ testimony outside TM's brother and mothers unreliable claim he was calling for help.

Sigh.....Oh my. You people are so biased you cannot see reality. In order to use deadly force to defend yourself, you have to be in a life threatening situaion. You don't get to blow people away bacause they punch you in the nose. He was not reasonably in fear of his life. The only ones who want this guy to go free are gun toting nuts who have wet dreams about blowing someone away with their precious weapons. So don't do the arrogant, self righteous "sigh" bit with me. You're the one is is the fool.

Last edited:
Posters here are hoping for this case to be dismissed? Gives me hope that the jury will do the right thing. The kid was murdered and Zimmerman does not deserve to just go live his life and possibly kill again.

There needs to be some consequences for this guy.

Emotion has no place when a mans life is on the line. This is a clear cut case for self defense, the evidence, the testimony, all of it says Zimmerman did everything correctly.

It was clearly not self defense. Zimmerman had no life threatening injuries and Trayvon only had one. The gunshot wound. Call it emotion if you wish but this jury hopefully sees the case differently than you.

The kid is dead and Zimmerman is fine. That's clearly murder.

Zimmerman doesn't need to have any life threatening injuries. The extent of injury isn't important. The issue isn't whether nor not Zimmerman had life threatening injuries but whether he believed he had life threatening injuries.

Seventhtiger the fact that's a reality tells me WHO THE REAL RACIST ARE. This is why I feel the way I do about them....

What's justice to these idiots? One sided on their side period.

In 2011 in St Louis (48% black, 43% white) there was 100 murder suspects arrested for 114 murders. 92 of the 100 were black.

Sarah G must have been busy trying to lynch the 5 men and 3 women who were white that were arrested of murder in St. Louis.

48% population yet 92% murder arrests.

Sarah G, please explain in your white guilt version why this is the fault of a gun toting white man.

http://www.slmpd.org/images/2011_ANNUAL_REPORT_F.pdf

It's the fault of a gun-toting stupid man.

Sure, guns don't kill people, people kill people. And those who do are either vicious, crazy or stupid. So since they can't control themselves, we have to make them as least dangerous as possible to the rest of us, ergo gun control.

Zimmerman disqualified himself from gun ownership from his previous records:

Last edited Sat Mar 24, 2012, 09:48 AM USA/ET – Edit history (2)
From the Orange County, FL Circuit Court Clerk of the Court Records page: [link to myclerk.myorangeclerk.com]
Record Count: 4
Search By: Party Exact Name: on Party Search Mode:

Name Last Name: Zimmerman First Name: George

Case Status: Closed Date Filed On or After: 01/01/2005 Date Filed On or Before: 01/01/2006 Sort By: Filed Date
Case Number Citation Number Style/Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status Charge(s)
2005-CF-009525-A-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
10/05/1983

07/18/2005
Div 10
OKane, Julie H

Criminal Felony
Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

2005-MM-010436-A-O
10/05/1983

07/18/2005
Orlando
Miller, W Michael

Misdemeanor
Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
2005-DR-012980-O

ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M

08/09/2005
Div 44
44, TBA

Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS

2005-DR-013069-O

ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A

08/10/2005
Div 46
White, Keith F

Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS
KAPOW!!!!

serie_kapow.jpg

GZ was in a scrap...his injuries do not suggest life threatening injuries...the only way to believe that his life was in danger is to believe his embellishments after the fact...punched 12-14 times? bs...where are the facial injuries that suggest that?

The only way to deny what GZ said is to label them "embellishments (absent proof that they were).

GZ had the broken nose and the wounds to the back of his head.

Trayvon, until the gunshot, had none EXCEPT for the abrasion to his own knuckle. Its not like GZ viciously assaulted Trayvon's fist with his face.

Here's your problem, 25...you've got Trayvon telling Rachel that he's going to run from the man following him...she says she hears wind rushing by and then the phone cuts out. When she calls back over a minute later...she says that Trayvon is "breathing hard" and "sounded tired". So if Trayvon has been running for THAT amount of time...how is possible that he's NOT at the condo where he's staying? He's a high school football player in great shape. Are you maintaining that he somehow ran long enough to be breathing hard and sounding tired when Rachel called back a minute plus later...yet WASN'T right by the condo? The only way that could happen is if Trayvon ran in circles for that amount of time. Does that make sense to you? It's clear that Rachel thinks he's right by the condo because she stated that she wasn't worried about the fight Trayvon was getting in because she thought his father would come help him because he was that close to the condo. If Trayvon isn't right by the condo then she wouldn't have thought that...would she?

So if Martin "is" by the condo? How does the fight start with Zimmerman WHO NEVER WENT ANYWHERE NEAR THAT CONDO? I still haven't heard your explanation for how the two men come together unless Martin walks back to where the sidewalk T's.

Fair question and thank you for keeping it respectful...I can have a conversation with you:)

Simple answer to your question is that I believe Trayvon came back to see if he was still being followed...when he saw George again he asked the famous question, to which GZ responded with his famous answer. These famous questions and answers being done as Trayvon is walking towards GZ...GZ then says that he went to grab his phone out of a right side pocket and when he did he was clocked.

My guess is that Trayvon wasnt going to wait to see what the strange guy following him would pull out of his pocket...I mean why are you reaching for your pockets at that moment? Turns out the phone that he says was trying to get wasnt there. Later GZ describes the gun being exposed when they were on the ground in the struggle, so how do we know that it isnt going through Trays mind that his suspicion of GZ reaching for a weapon is now confirmed...so he continues beating him so that the gun isnt grabbed. If you punch someone because he is reaching for what you think may be a weapon and then later in the struggle you observe that weapon in the general area that he was reaching...then what might you think. You might think that your suspicion was right and that by punching him avoided that gun being pulled...you might think after actually seeing it during the struggle that he kept punching so that he couldnt reach or grab it again.

Many ask well whats with the reaching thing....youre making it up and making assumptions about something unrealistic. No, Im not...If I were the prosecution I would exploit GZs own words and tale of events at the interrogation and reenactment. He specifically describes frantically reaching for his pockets for a phone that wasnt there...in the process of doing that he was punched...I would take those words so literally to show that when the situation was escalated he went reaching. i would further submit that he shouldnt have been anywhere near that T or walkway he should have been in his truck....if he would have been this woudnt be happening right now. Its happening because when trayvon went back to see if he was being followed there GZ was now outside of his truck and appearing to follow on foot....so now theres a problem.

Did all of this happen just as i suspect? Probably not in its entirety, but given that Trayvon isnt here we can take the events as GZ explains and try to conclude what an average person would be thinking in the dark and rain being followed. From there, let the jury decide who did what and how much either party is responsible for the events that happened that night.

Wait a second...your claim is that someone who is "afraid" of the man following him...runs away to the safety of the condo he's staying in...but then RETURNS to the area where the man is? That makes sense to you? Really?

i didnt say he went back to the condo he was staying in...where did I say that? I dont believe that for a second and have argued ad nausea against...the evidence doesnt support it. Come on dude, I think ive made it pretty clear what my position is and why it makes sense to me. And none of it includes him going all the way back to his condo.

You're right. You have the right to shoot someone who is doing something that would put fear of death in a reasonable person. Zimmerman had every right to shoot Martin. Hell, he had an obligation to.
But according to GADAWG, you have the right to shoot someone just because they hit you. That's it.

It doesn't work like that, you have to be in fear of your life.

We do not live in the wild wild West anymore. Those days are long gone.

True story:

Fifteen or twenty years ago, we were having a real problem down here with tourists getting car-jacked after arriving at the Miami Airport.

It was so bad that several European Countries were threatening to put 'Travel Warnings' out for people headed to Miami.

Florida is the #1 Tourist destination on Earth. Nobody else even gets close. It's big money. BIG money.

So the State told Miami to get it's shit together -- Or else.

They tried everything, extra Cops, tiplines, Cops on foot, helicopter patrols.... Everything.

Nothing worked.

Here's what was happeneing. When you rent a car and leave the Miami Airport, if you turn one direction, you're fine. You turn the other direction and in two minutes you're in the heart of Liberty City. Bad neighborhood.

The local crack heads knew something that hadn't occured to our gubmint officials yet --

All rented and leased cars at that time had license plates that started with an "X' a "Y" or a "Z".

So the bad guys knew that those people wandering around in Liberty City were tourists and definitely unarmed.

So they were singling them out and car-jacking and often murdering them.

Solution.... Simple. Just stop using those license plates.

Because down here, most residents have a gun in their car with them. Something about three moves and it's perfectly legal. In fact, the Cops don't pay any attention to that. Everybody carries down here, Marc. Everybody.

So our resident crackheads got desperate and started trying to carjack people without the fore-knowledge that they'd be unarmed tourists and....

They got the shit killed out of themselves. It was so bad that the Miami NAACP made a big stink about. About how too many of 'their' people were getting killed.

They were told to shut the fuck up and go away.

You try to carjack people down here and you ain't gonna live very long. Billy Bob is gonna shoot your ass dead. REAL dead.

And down here, in Florida, Marc?

You walk up to someone and punch him in the nose, breaking it?

And the odds are pretty good you're going to die that day. Maybe that minute.

And nothing will be done to the guy or girl that shot you.

You don't like it? Stay out of Florida

Here ya go.

Note that tactics have been changed to the bump and stop. Someone from Florida would take off and not stop.

Traveling Miami Roads Without Becoming Prey - NYTimes.com

In addition to the safety brochures, rental companies are replacing the license plates that previously designated a car as a rented vehicle.

In 2011 in St Louis (48% black, 43% white) there was 100 murder suspects arrested for 114 murders. 92 of the 100 were black.

Sarah G must have been busy trying to lynch the 5 men and 3 women who were white that were arrested of murder in St. Louis.

48% population yet 92% murder arrests.

Sarah G, please explain in your white guilt version why this is the fault of a gun toting white man.

http://www.slmpd.org/images/2011_ANNUAL_REPORT_F.pdf

It's the fault of a gun-toting stupid man.

Sure, guns don't kill people, people kill people. And those who do are either vicious, crazy or stupid. So since they can't control themselves, we have to make them as least dangerous as possible to the rest of us, ergo gun control.

Zimmerman disqualified himself from gun ownership from his previous records:

Last edited Sat Mar 24, 2012, 09:48 AM USA/ET – Edit history (2)
From the Orange County, FL Circuit Court Clerk of the Court Records page: [link to myclerk.myorangeclerk.com]
Record Count: 4
Search By: Party Exact Name: on Party Search Mode:

Name Last Name: Zimmerman First Name: George

Case Status: Closed Date Filed On or After: 01/01/2005 Date Filed On or Before: 01/01/2006 Sort By: Filed Date
Case Number Citation Number Style/Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status Charge(s)
2005-CF-009525-A-O
10/05/1983

07/18/2005
Div 10
OKane, Julie H

Criminal Felony
Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

2005-MM-010436-A-O
10/05/1983

07/18/2005
Orlando
Miller, W Michael

Misdemeanor
Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
2005-DR-012980-O

ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M

08/09/2005
Div 44
44, TBA

Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS

2005-DR-013069-O

ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A

08/10/2005
Div 46
White, Keith F

Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS
KAPOW!!!!

serie_kapow.jpg

Arrests are not convictions

The whole notion that Zimmerman "stalked" Trayvon Martin with the intent of using his gun flies right out the window when you actually look at the situation.

Zimmerman doesn't draw his weapon until he fears that the man who is atop him and has been beating him without letup has noticed his gun and is trying to get it. Only then...does Zimmerman elect to use the weapon.

But more importantly...if Trayvon Martin REALLY is frightened by the "creepy assed Cracker" that followed him...what possible reason would he have to leave the safety of the condo he was staying at...a condo that he could have very easily called the police himself to report the "stalking"...and walk back up the hundred yards plus to get to where Zimmerman is returning to his SUV? And if he DID do that simply to see if the man was still there (your claim that I'm sorry to say that I find to be almost laughable, 25) why wouldn't he let the man continue on his way? Why would he step out of the darkness and ask "You got a problem?"...an opening salvo that anyone who's ever been in a fight recognizes as threatening.

I agree...I dont think he was out to kill anyone...hes not that type of person. He was a concerned citizen who made some mistakes.

He and trayvon both have their own responsibility for what happened that night. Trayvon paid the ultimate price and GZ needs to pay with some time in jail, IMO. Will that happen to GZ? As it looks now...i dont think so.

Again,

Martin Sucker Punches Zimmerman. This right here is not cause to fear for your life.
Zimmerman falls down and Martin climbs on top of him. Still no fear.
Martin pummels Zimmerman, "Ground and Pound". Still just a fight, no fear for life.
Zimmerman screams for help, none comes. Fear is starting to come about but still no reason to kill.
Zimmerman sees someone, that person walks away. Now there's fear, maybe not of death but great bodily harm.
Martin sees gun and says, "You going to die tonight" and goes for gun. Now you are in fear for your life.

SELF DEFENSE!

It was clearly not self defense. Zimmerman had no life threatening injuries and Trayvon only had one. .

One does not need to be dead to exercise the right to self defense, nor does one have to be almost dead. In fact, in many instances, a person properly exercising self defense will not suffer any physical injury whatsoever.

It's my greatest hope that if I ever have to shoot someone to defend myself, they dont get the opportunity to even touch me first.

You lawyerees leave your phone number behind here just in case that ever happens ;)

Last edited:
Hilarious. So now you've got it all set up. In your minds, of course he's innocent and everyone can see that (not). And the only reason he won't be acquited is because the judge and/or jury are afraid of riots. You get to have it both ways. Either he goes free because he deseves to, or he doesn't because people are afraid of rioting. Cute.

The fact is, he is a guilty man who should not be acquited. The judge and jury don't have to see it your way and very well may not. You folks are the ones who are biased. Since when does an innnocent person go out for a walk in the evening and end up dead because of a gun toting vigilante and it's the innocent person's fault he is dead? It's a wishful dream for all of you gun nuts that carry around your weapons just waiting for a chance to blow someone away, and you don't even realize how far off the mark you are about how the rest of the people in this country feel about private citizens carrying weapons and shooting anyone who looks at them cross eyed.

Sigh, you want to start from the beginning again?

It's standard procedure and nothing in the States case so far contradicts GZ testimony outside TM's brother and mothers unreliable claim he was calling for help.

Sigh.....Oh my. You people are so biased you cannot see reality. In order to use deadly force to defend yourself, you have to be in a life threatening situaion. You don't get to blow people away bacause they punch you in the nose. He was not reasonably in fear of his life. The only ones who want this guy to go free are gun toting nuts who have wet dreams about blowing someone away with their precious weapons. So don't do the arrogant, self righteous "sigh" bit with me. You're the one is is the fool.

Sigh

I guess because you said so :doubt:

<snipped>

These RW Zimmerman supporting bastards are conducting flips and somersaults to defy reality.

:lmao:

Trayvon is subject to the same fear for his life that you give Zimmerman the rights to have.

It boils down to who was the aggressor.

I believe that the evidence points to Zimmerman being the aggressor. Had he followed the suggestion of the dispatcher he would not be in this mess...at least not today.

Based on his past he seemed like he was destined to kill somebody's child. He had made about 50 calls to the cops reporting suspicious black people.

He was a wannabe cop that finally found the trouble he was looking for.

I'm not making this stuff up dude.

"He had made about 50 calls to the cops reporting suspicious black people."

"I'm not making this stuff up dude."

:lmao:
Prosecutors pushed Tuesday to introduce nearly 50 calls George Zimmerman made to police over an eight-year period prior to his fatal confrontation with Florida teen Trayvon Martin, as the neighborhood watch volunteer's murder trial entered a second day of testimony.
Prosecutors push to admit non-emergency calls on second day of Zimmerman murder trial | Fox News

Thanks for showing how much of a FOOL you are Amelia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back