The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally have followed suspicious vehicles and persons until I was satisfied they were not involved in any bad activtiies. I personally have called the police to report suspicious persons or vehicles. I have never wished to be a cop nor did I see myself as behaving like a cop in any sense. But if I did entertain thoughts of being a police officer, I would hate to be accused of malicious intentions or inappropriate behavior or racism purely based on that.

I personally have followed suspicious vehicles and persons until I was satisfied they were not involved in any bad activtiies. I personally have called the police to report suspicious persons or vehicles.

This right here is an excellent point. I've done that, I do that. I'd be shocked if all of us haven't done that. I routinely do that and I'll do it again this second if someone is doing something "out of the ordinary" or suspicious.

Probably most of us have had to endure a lie told about us when we had no way to defend ourselves against it. And we hope to God that those who matter do not believe the liar.

Remember this one time... in 6th grade.. some kid, the class bully, shot a spit ball over the divider between classes. The teacher from the other class came around and caught the kid shooting another one. The kid points to me and says I did it too. Which was a lie. I was the all A student and this kid wanted someone to share the blame. The other kids in the class said he was lying. The teacher brought me and my accuser to the principles office. I got 5 whacks from the paddle. Took me a long time to, err, I've never trusted authority figures ever since. I beat the carp out of the class bully after school. Hated that school.

Oh yeah ... I was being bussed... to a distant school this was during the time when they started busing kids to promote integration.

Last edited:
Again, the cousin might be telling the story 100% accurately. But to believe her without the accused having opportunity to give his side of the story is just beyond all concepts of justice.

You know over the years there are people right here on USMB who can be most hateful, judgmental, cruel, and verbally abusive. There are people who are capable of doing and saying dispicable things to hurt somebody they have targeted to be attacked or punished. They've done it to me. They have done it to others. Are doing it now. They are immature, vindictive, childish, despicable people with no redeeming qualities as far as I am concerned.

And God help us if the Sarahs of the world believe their version of the facts if they testified against somebody when there is no effort made to hear any rebuttal or another side of the story.

With no experience or other knowledge to go on, people who believe one side and make a judgment without giving the other side opportunity for any rebuttal are those most likely to arrive at the most unjust of conclusions.

Good points. All to easy to say see this fits with GZ's pathological lying and cowardly killing of the teen.

I do hope you are saying that tongue-in-cheek. I would hate to think you were another Sarah who had already rushed to judgment.

Foxfire, I rarely even have an exchange with you, why not stfu about me? I do have my own opinions about things and I will post it here or anywhere I choose.

Again, the cousin might be telling the story 100% accurately. But to believe her without the accused having opportunity to give his side of the story is just beyond all concepts of justice.

You know over the years there are people right here on USMB who can be most hateful, judgmental, cruel, and verbally abusive. There are people who are capable of doing and saying dispicable things to hurt somebody they have targeted to be attacked or punished. They've done it to me. They have done it to others. Are doing it now. They are immature, vindictive, childish, despicable people with no redeeming qualities as far as I am concerned.

And God help us if the Sarahs of the world believe their version of the facts if they testified against somebody when there is no effort made to hear any rebuttal or another side of the story.

With no experience or other knowledge to go on, people who believe one side and make a judgment without giving the other side opportunity for any rebuttal are those most likely to arrive at the most unjust of conclusions.

Good points. All to easy to say see this fits with GZ's pathological lying and cowardly killing of the teen.

I do hope you are saying that tongue-in-cheek. I would hate to think you were another Sarah who had already rushed to judgment.

:) Half kidding. I think GZ may be guilty of negligence (involuntary manslaughter). I've seen nothing to prove 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter yet. Cowardice maybe but that's not illegal.

I personally have followed suspicious vehicles and persons until I was satisfied they were not involved in any bad activtiies. I personally have called the police to report suspicious persons or vehicles. I have never wished to be a cop nor did I see myself as behaving like a cop in any sense. But if I did entertain thoughts of being a police officer, I would hate to be accused of malicious intentions or inappropriate behavior or racism purely based on that.

I've followed folk like that before... I tell them who I am and ask them if they need help.

Foxfire, I rarely even have an exchange with you, why not stfu about me? I do have my own opinions about things and I will post it here or anywhere I choose.

Well have you not included me in those you accuse of 'defending Zimmerman' et al? I have addressed you directly with an intent to discuss various points and have been ignored. I don't want others to think I was vaguely referring to them. When I vaguely refer to them, I am not using names.

My intent is not to offend. My intent is to debate. I believe you have judged Zimmerman and me, via my refusal to rush to judgment, unfairly. And I also have my own opinions about all of this.

Or..

It proves that all that "head trauma" isn't fatal and Ol' Zimmerman wasn't exposed to lethal force.

The law does not state only lethal force. Potential for serious bodily harm is grounds enough. Your post are in no way indicative that those hits to your head did not cause serious damage. GM never harmed TM in any way, yet you believe he should have continued to endure more damage to his head for better theatrics or satisfy your no defense agenda.

When using logic it is barely even possible GZ was menacing TM with his gun but you believe he was beyond reasonable doubt. Because those hits to your head have damaged your brain to the point that logic is impossible. Why do you think the NFL had to change their helmets & rules of the game to reduce the large number of head & brain injuries every game.

They don't have to even touch you for there to be reasonable fear. "You're going to die tonight" about does it.

Outside of Zimmerman, who contends he never heard of "Stand Your Ground" on national tv, even though he attended classes on Criminal Justice that covered Stand Your Ground, did anyone else hear Martin say that?

Doesn't it even make sense?

Bravo...well said. You mean the creepy guy following me in the dark and rain? When I ask what the problem is and he goes frantically reaching for something in his pockets....you mean Im not to assume that he might be pulling out a lollipop?

He might have a weapon? Oops he did have a weapon. Boy did he!

Here's the shocking part. He used it.

And no one supporting Zimmerman seems to give a damn.

We all know you are watching that trial for the exact same reason that the rest of us are - entertainment. Your 'give a damn' consists of pontificating all day on a message board. If you give such a big fucking damn why don't you log off and go to the ghettos and save all the chillins like li'l Trayvon? Huh? Why don't you? You blow this shit into the faces of people who have spent their lives in the service of others, giving a damn, trying to save them, and trying to make the world better. You are simply beyond pathetic.

What I do in my personal life is none of your damned business..

Got it?

Bitch.

Private citizens are advised and discouraged not to follow, because of the reasonable perception it gives to the followee and the potential danger it could cause as a result. Hes not a cop...he was following as though he was.

Did you get that from a statute, case law, or some scholarly legal journal? Or did you get that from thin air?

I think the latter, because in all my years I have never read or heard of such a "reasonable perception" standard.

Well then you simply arent putting yourself in the position of the person being followed in the dark and rain. The very fact that Zimmerman is asked "Do you have a problem"? tells me the impression Trayvon had and that GZ caused.

First, I think you are confusing what Zimmerman said and what Martin said. I was under the impression that Martin said "do you have a problem;" not the other way around.

Second, I certainly have considered what I would have done if in that position. Being that I was close to home, I most likely would have gone there, called the police, and explained that some creepy guy was following me around the neighborhood. That's what reasonable people do; they don't go out and get themselves into physical altercations unless they are absolutely necessary.

listen you ignorant asshole! Here is what I REALLY SAID:

"Ya know Sallow, you might be on to something here! A coward like Zimmerman wouldn't run after a "dangerous suspect" without having his gun drawn now would he? I'll bet he cornered Martin and was in close proximity to him when Martin, thinking he was being robbed, grabbed for the gun with one hand while knocking GZ to the ground with the other.
Martin,realizing he had no escape, jumped on GZ to try and get the weapon just like Jphn Wayne or ROY ROGERS WOULD HAVE DONE! But this wasn't a movie, it was the real world... and a innocent black teen became a statistic!"

I then added this:"I'd like to add one more thing to my last statement! The scene I just described is consistent with the screams heard from Martin when he first saw the gun. The poor kid was yelling for help ... scared out of his wits by a strange man with a gun... fighting for his life...

Where in that frigging narrative can you even begin to conclude that I said GZ was holding him over his body and firing second guns? Where do you come up with that kind of idiotic bullshit? Are you CRAZY or just so racist you won't even entertain logic at all.

What's the matter, don't like people that can see through your BS?

I would accept your clairvoyance if you weren't so selective on whose BS you can see through...Why can't you see through Zimmerman's Bullshit? His is flowing copiously and without any sign of abatement, yet you ignore it!

Which part of Zimmerman's BS is it you think I cannot see through? Why do you think it takes a clairvoyant to see that you are full of shit?

Did you get that from a statute, case law, or some scholarly legal journal? Or did you get that from thin air?

I think the latter, because in all my years I have never read or heard of such a "reasonable perception" standard.

Well then you simply arent putting yourself in the position of the person being followed in the dark and rain. The very fact that Zimmerman is asked "Do you have a problem"? tells me the impression Trayvon had and that GZ caused.

First, I think you are confusing what Zimmerman said and what Martin said. I was under the impression that Martin said "do you have a problem;" not the other way around.

Second, I certainly have considered what I would have done if in that position. Being that I was close to home, I most likely would have gone there, called the police, and explained that some creepy guy was following me around the neighborhood. That's what reasonable people do; they don't go out and get themselves into physical altercations unless they are absolutely necessary.

He didn't even have to get home to call the cops. He could have just hung up with DeeDee and dialed 911. The dispatcher could have told George that they got a call about him following, and everything would have ended at that point.

That's not what Zimmerman stated.

He said Martin grabbed his head and slammed it into the ground.

The evidence does not back that up.

Umm, when I grab something I do it with my palms toward the object I am grabbing, not my fingernails.

The very definition of grabbing something implies closing your hand around it, therefore your fingertips/fingernails would come into contact with whatever you are grabbing!

What?

Trying to catch this fix before Rat hits it.

Being that I was close to home, I most likely would have gone there, called the police, and explained that some creepy cracka azz was following me around the neighborhood. That's what reasonable people do; they don't go out and get themselves into physical altercations unless they are absolutely necessary.

There I fixed it.

That's almost the shootin' match.

There's little evidence now that Martin "grabbed" Zimmerman head and slammed it into the concrete.

Hence the dispelling of one of the major Zimmerman's lies.

:eusa_whistle:

I guess the eye-witness must have seen another Trayvan Martin beating the crap out of a completely different George Zimmerman.

BTW, how does one get DNA under one's fingernails other than scratching someone, not bashing someone's head in?

Probably most of us have had to endure a lie told about us when we had no way to defend ourselves against it. And we hope to God that those who matter do not believe the liar.

Remember this one time... in 6th grade.. some kid, the class bully, shot a spit ball over the divider between classes. The teacher from the other class came around and caught the kid shooting another one. The kid points to me and says I did it too. Which was a lie. I was the all A student and this kid wanted someone to share the blame. The other kids in the class said he was lying. The teacher brought me and my accuser to the principles office. I got 5 whacks from the paddle. Took me a long time to, err, I've never trusted authority figures ever since. I beat the carp out of the class bully after school. Hated that school.

Oh yeah ... I was being bussed... to a distant school this was during the time when they started busing kids to promote integration.

Good thing that bully didnt have a gun...he could have shot and killed you and been in the right according to this law...that is if beating the "carp" out of someone could be considered at any time by the one being beaten to be in fear of severe injury.:eusa_angel:

The very definition of grabbing something implies closing your hand around it, therefore your fingertips/fingernails would come into contact with whatever you are grabbing!

grab your wrist.

The pads of your fingers make contact.... The fingernails dont have to make contact or pick up cells when "grabbing". Zimmermans head and face did not show signs of fingernails scratching him.

Did you see the alleged pictures of GZ's injuries? Surely, if Martin was banging GZ's head against the ground there would have been blood on Martin's hands. Perhaps there was none of GZ's blood under the fingernails or anywhere else on Martin because he never grabbed GZ's head at all!

Why would blood from the back of Zimmerman's head be on Martin's hands?

Trying to catch this fix before Rat hits it.

Being that I was close to home, I most likely would have gone there, called the police, and explained that some creepy cracka azz was following me around the neighborhood. That's what reasonable people do; they don't go out and get themselves into physical altercations unless they are absolutely necessary.

There I fixed it.

I have to spread it around, apparently :razz:

Creepy ass cracker, actually :cool:

I like Sallow. But the good ship "Common Sense" sailed without him.

Dumbass point in a truly stupid thread.

I laughed till my sides hurt.

Not really.

"Common Sense" tells me that a person does not have the right to shoot another person, especially if that person is unarmed and isn't breaking the law.

So when the shooter is the only one around to tell the story, one has to be very careful to make sure that story checks out.

And given the circumstances? It better be a good story.

This just wasn't.

You DO have the right to shoot another person when that other person is beating you and pounding your head into the pavement if, under those circumstances, you reasonably feel that your life is in peril or your are facing the risk of serious physical injury because of the beat down.

It doesn't matter if the other guy is armed or not. Oh, and that kind of a beat down IS breaking the law.

Quite often, the one who resorts to self defense IS the only surviving witness.

The only problem with that..is that you have to establish that it was the type of beating that warranted the action.

You make thing a few boo boos are life threatening. I don't.

And given that it was Zimmerman that initiated the incident, I think that "self defense" here should require, at the very least, a reasonable fear that death was imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back