The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I think you are confusing what Zimmerman said and what Martin said. I was under the impression that Martin said "do you have a problem;" not the other way around.

Second, I certainly have considered what I would have done if in that position. Being that I was close to home, I most likely would have gone there, called the police, and explained that some creepy guy was following me around the neighborhood. That's what reasonable people do; they don't go out and get themselves into physical altercations unless they are absolutely necessary.

First, I said "Zimmerman is asked"...there shouldn't be any confusion.

Second, by saying what you would have done, it is clear to me what your PERCEPTION would have been that night after being followed in the dark and rain...that was my point.

You're right; I misread it. Happened yesterday to Sarah G too. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked again! :razz:

I apologize.

Now, as to your second. I never stated anywhere, in this thread or otherwise, that Martin would be in the wrong to perceive Zimmerman as apprehensive. If someone you don't know approaches you, even in the most benign situations, natural instinct gives rise to some uneasiness. That has nothing to do with what a reasonable response would be in that situation.
That's the false flag TM supports are hanging on to by a thread.

But...as testified to and evidence suggests GZ didn't approach TM. It was in fact TM who approached GZ with an accusatory "you got a probem?"'... POW!

George Zimmerman’s attorney didn’t want the damaging statement of “Witness 9” released. With good reason. From when he was 8 years old until he was 18, the killer of Trayvon Martin allegedly molested a female relative two years younger than he. It’s a gasp-worthy revelation in an ongoing story filled with them. But it’s totally irrelevant to the second-degree murder charge Zimmerman faces.

Zimmerman?s appalling and irrelevant alleged sexual assault - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

A little more info here for those who just want to minimize the molestation.

From when he was 8 until he was 18. :cuckoo:

You're such a tool. The hit piece even tells you it's irrelevant and alleged :cuckoo:

She's jealous. She couldn't get a man to look her way if she paid him.

You all just keep excusing George Zimmerman though.

Not excuse. Justify. And why not? He appears to deserve the defense of justification.

YOU keep smearing him though. He does not appear to deserve that.

And Zimmerman is a private citizen. He has not sought the limelight in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Her posts about him are malicious. He could take her to the proverbial cleaners.

when I was 9, the cops took me home to dad because they caught me putting rocks in a fire hydrant.

I hope I'm never put on trial. They'll hang me for that. :eek:

Here's the shocking part. He used it.

And no one supporting Zimmerman seems to give a damn.

We all know you are watching that trial for the exact same reason that the rest of us are - entertainment. Your 'give a damn' consists of pontificating all day on a message board. If you give such a big fucking damn why don't you log off and go to the ghettos and save all the chillins like li'l Trayvon? Huh? Why don't you? You blow this shit into the faces of people who have spent their lives in the service of others, giving a damn, trying to save them, and trying to make the world better. You are simply beyond pathetic.

What I do in my personal life is none of your damned business..

Got it?

Bitch.

When you post it on a forum, you make it the business of everyone who reads that forum.

Idiot.

A little more info here for those who just want to minimize the molestation.

From when he was 8 until he was 18. :cuckoo:

Allegedly isn't fact. Nothing I've researched on this has said there are witnesses to corroborate it.

Woman Says George Zimmerman Molested Her For More Than A Decade

“It started when I was six,” the woman told investigators during an interview on the morning of March 20. “We’d all lay in front of the TV and we had pillows and blankets and he would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older,” the woman said, audibly weeping in the Florida State Attorney's Office interview recording released Monday. “It was in front of everybody and I don’t know how I didn’t say anything, I just didn’t know any better.”

It was done in front of everyone, according to her, and yet noone saw anything?

Uhm, molesters always isolate their victims. Victims are usually to scared to tell. Maybe you can keep this for future use so you don't seem so damn idiotic.

I'm sick of all you parrots saying the same fucking thing all day so bye for now.

door/ass?

First, I said "Zimmerman is asked"...there shouldn't be any confusion.

Second, by saying what you would have done, it is clear to me what your PERCEPTION would have been that night after being followed in the dark and rain...that was my point.

You're right; I misread it. Happened yesterday to Sarah G too. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked again! :razz:

I apologize.

Now, as to your second. I never stated anywhere, in this thread or otherwise, that Martin would be in the wrong to perceive Zimmerman as apprehensive. If someone you don't know approaches you, even in the most benign situations, natural instinct gives rise to some uneasiness. That has nothing to do with what a reasonable response would be in that situation.
That's the false flag TM supports are hanging on to by a thread.

But...as testified to and evidence suggests GZ didn't approach TM. It was in fact TM who approached GZ with an accusatory "you got a probem?"'... POW!

BUT, had Trayvon survived the shooting and was able to give his side under the council of an attorney...that is not how his side would be presented.

The approach that I take is trying to imagine what would be presented and what statements and actions of GZs would lead me to that. Maybe something like this:

1) I was being followed by a vehicle in the dark while walking home from the store
2) After continuing to be followed by a vehicle I eventually ran where a truck could not follow
3) I was then followed on foot
4) I decided to ask this follower what the problem was
5) When I did he started reaching for his pockets...I thought this person may have a weapon
6) After being followed almost all the way home and now on foot, I wasnt about to wait and see what this strange man pulled out of his pockets, so I hit him
7) We were then scuffling on the ground and I saw the gun on his right hip (where he had originally been reaching) and he kept trying to grab it, so i kept hitting him
8) eventually he was able to grab the gun and he shot me in the chest.

Something like that. Not trying to be a jerk...just trying to give the other side were he alive to give it himself.

Last edited:
Foxfire, I rarely even have an exchange with you, why not stfu about me? I do have my own opinions about things and I will post it here or anywhere I choose.

You aren't even in the quotes above.

Just saying.

Check again, moron.

Do I really have to splain this to you?

The stfu is YOUR comment to these quote comments:

Quote: Originally Posted by Foxfyre
Quote: Originally Posted by RKMBrown

MORON.

I have two quick questions, given the conversations going on right now? Each deal with issues about evidence, so if I get no responses, I understand.

First, on what basis would an accusation of prior child molestation be relevant to whether one acted in self defense on a particular occasion? Are we just throwing mud at Zimmerman because we think he sucks, or does it have some use in this trial?

Second, why wouldn't the prosecution have talked about the good things that Martin did in life? The prosecution barely even referenced him in their case-in-chief.

I'm just glancing over FRE Rule 404 and wanting others opinions.

I have two quick questions, given the conversations going on right now? Each deal with issues about evidence, so if I get no responses, I understand.

First, on what basis would an accusation of prior child molestation be relevant to whether one acted in self defense on a particular occasion? Are we just throwing mud at Zimmerman because we think he sucks, or does it have some use in this trial?

Second, why wouldn't the prosecution have talked about the good things that Martin did in life? The prosecution barely even referenced him in their case-in-chief.

First, they're just throwing mud.

Second, they didn't bring that in because it would have opened the door to the defense bringing in Martin's past, such as his suspensions, text messages, and photos.

It's like the defense not letting Z take the stand.

It would open up too many cans of worms.

EVERYBODY has a few skeletons in their closet.

Second, they didn't bring that in because it would have opened the door to the defense bringing in Martin's past, such as his suspensions, text messages, and photos.

Hey, stop stealing my ideas you little rat. I thought of it first.:evil:

Hey, stop stealing my ideas you little rat. I thought of it first.:evil:

But i posted it first.

Nah, Nah, Boo, Boo, you can't catch me.

:D

It's like the defense not letting Z take the stand.

It would open up too many cans of worms.

EVERYBODY has a few skeletons in their closet.

I should have worded things differently. I should just make my point.

FRE 404 has a provision within which states: "in a homicide case, the prosecutor may offer evidence of the alleged victim’s trait of peacefulness to rebut evidence that the victim was the first aggressor."

This method would be the easiest way to completely destroy Zimmerman's self-defense claim. Yet the prosecution made no effort at all to do so. I guess they don't think Mr. Martin was a peaceful, tea and skittles loving teen after all.

Maybe it is just best that we don't base our decisions of guilt and innocence on character. That was my point.

it goes to character and behaviors...if zimmerman can be cast as a 'wanna be cop', well?

In actual fact, GZ might have wanted to be a cop.

Indeed, we also now see he wanted to be a prosecutor. :eek:

Can't wait for the prosecutor to piss on him for THAT. :)

But none of that makes TM's brushes with the law (or close brushes with entities akin to the law) relevant to the case. TM is not on trial, being dead.

Again, it would be relevant if he had some tendency towards violence AND IF GZ knew that trait at the time of their unfortunate contact with each other. Beyond that, it has nothing I can see that has anything to do with the trial.

GZ was the one who had a tendency toward violence. He beat up his wife and had an altercation with a cop, molested his cousin when he was little. He beat all of the charges, hopefully he doesn't get away with this. How's that for past history?

I'm sure you'll have some witty retort.

where did you get this "beat up his wife" thing?

from ..this?:eusa_eh:

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back