The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you responded to Foxfyre's response to RKMBrown. I saw it and others have seen it. Foxy chose not to mention it in her reply.

Thanks but I would like to apologize to Sarah who still has not responded to my direct question to her directly. But she is not required to respond and I did single her out, mostly because she was so persistent and vocal in her judgment of Zimmerman, but I shouldn't have done that to the exclusion of others who are persistent and vocal in their judgment of Zimmerman. I am rather fond of Sarah and sure don't want to get into a verbal altercation.

It is frustrating though to be repeatedly included in the implied criticisms and accusations, and when I engage a member on those implied criticisms and accusations, can't get a response.

But it has been a pretty good debate. I still don't know whether Zimmerman is guilty of any crime. But I do know that there are those who have already judged him and declared Martin 100% innocent in the incident. But in my opinion, the prosecution sure hasn't made a case for that being the way it was.

Foxy, you probably won't go to hell over Sarah. :evil:

Blaspheme the recipes in Southern Living, no promises there! :evil:

But, but, their hot water cornbread recipe is absolutely WRONG!

A little more info here for those who just want to minimize the molestation.

From when he was 8 until he was 18. :cuckoo:

Allegedly isn't fact. Nothing I've researched on this has said there are witnesses to corroborate it.

Woman Says George Zimmerman Molested Her For More Than A Decade

“It started when I was six,” the woman told investigators during an interview on the morning of March 20. “We’d all lay in front of the TV and we had pillows and blankets and he would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older,” the woman said, audibly weeping in the Florida State Attorney's Office interview recording released Monday. “It was in front of everybody and I don’t know how I didn’t say anything, I just didn’t know any better.”

It was done in front of everyone, according to her, and yet noone saw anything?

I just read the whole piece.....let me ask you a question; anyone really, do you believe the 'witness' and her story?

If this actually happened in front of others, as she claims, someone would have seen something and said something about it. The fact that she waited until this trial to speak up about it is another red flag to me; why wait that long if it really happened? I find it hard to believe that when she told her sister about it, she did nothing other than to call Z and have him meet them at a pizza place. Really? That's it? She's also claiming Z and his parents are racists. The FBI got involved in that part and cleared him, along with others that have known him saying he isn't a racist. I don't see much credibility in her story at this point. If others come forward as witnesses or others he treated the same way, I'd more than likely change my mind.

Who gives a shit what box he checked. Does checking any box warrant malicious prosecution for killing a black person in self defense? Nobody owes black people anything. Just like nobody owes anyone anything. If black people want equality then they would truly not be railing this guy because of it being a racial issue.

Why is this case at trial? Because racists showed up in Florida to proclaim they were owed more justice than anybody else. Then, Corey, the Florida governor, and the President gave them what they wanted in an election year.

Race came into play the second Zimmerman started following Martin because he was black. Deny it all the hell you want, but the reason an innocent kid walking in HIS (Zimmermans) area was considered "suspect" was because he was black.

Zimmerman is the one who started the race thing.

If you are denying this fact, explain what Martin did wrong when he was walking home? Why was he a "suspect". That is what makes me say, fuck you Zimmerman.

Well, that and the fact that he did not just stay in his truck and let the real cops do their thing. You know, approach Martin for no reason and send him on his way without shooting him.
Wrong

Wrong

What did he do wrong walking home? Maybe nothing. What did he do suspicious? ..".Looks like he's up to no good, or on drugs or something... It's raining and he's jst walking around, looking about. ....looking at all the houses...now he's just staring at me...." So eff yourself :eusa_hand:

Martin approached Zimmerman

You sure your not just a racist?

I have practiced in psychiatry for 25 years. Sex play in young children is a normal stage of growth.

PPP: Health and Safety || When Children's Play Involves Sexuality || Sex play is normal

Get all the little bastards registered on the sex offenders list. Ya gotta nip this stuff in the bud.

He was molesting her from when he was 8-18, she was 6-16. Is that child's sex play or molestation?

so hes a molester now? :eusa_eh:

Allegedly isn't fact. Nothing I've researched on this has said there are witnesses to corroborate it.

Woman Says George Zimmerman Molested Her For More Than A Decade

“It started when I was six,” the woman told investigators during an interview on the morning of March 20. “We’d all lay in front of the TV and we had pillows and blankets and he would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older,” the woman said, audibly weeping in the Florida State Attorney's Office interview recording released Monday. “It was in front of everybody and I don’t know how I didn’t say anything, I just didn’t know any better.”

It was done in front of everyone, according to her, and yet noone saw anything?

I just read the whole piece.....let me ask you a question; anyone really, do you believe the 'witness' and her story?

If this actually happened in front of others, as she claims, someone would have seen something and said something about it. The fact that she waited until this trial to speak up about it is another red flag to me; why wait that long if it really happened? I find it hard to believe that when she told her sister about it, she did nothing other than to call Z and have him meet them at a pizza place. Really? That's it? She's also claiming Z and his parents are racists. The FBI got involved in that part and cleared him, along with others that have known him saying he isn't a racist. I don't see much credibility in her story at this point. If others come forward as witnesses or others he treated the same way, I'd more than likely change my mind.

pretty much my thoughts too...thx .

I have practiced in psychiatry for 25 years. Sex play in young children is a normal stage of growth.

PPP: Health and Safety || When Children's Play Involves Sexuality || Sex play is normal

Get all the little bastards registered on the sex offenders list. Ya gotta nip this stuff in the bud.

He was molesting her from when he was 8-18, she was 6-16. Is that child's sex play or molestation?

Sarah keeps "forgetting" to use the word "allegedly."

Oops.

Her mistake.

Or maybe she just wants to pretend that she "knows," without even having been there.

:cuckoo:

Check again, moron.

you responded to Foxfyre's response to RKMBrown. I saw it and others have seen it. Foxy chose not to mention it in her reply.

Thanks but I would like to apologize to Sarah who still has not responded to my direct question to her directly. But she is not required to respond and I did single her out, mostly because she was so persistent and vocal in her judgment of Zimmerman, but I shouldn't have done that to the exclusion of others who are persistent and vocal in their judgment of Zimmerman. I am rather fond of Sarah and sure don't want to get into a verbal altercation.

It is frustrating though to be repeatedly included in the implied criticisms and accusations, and when I engage a member on those implied criticisms and accusations, can't get a response.

But it has been a pretty good debate. I still don't know whether Zimmerman is guilty of any crime. But I do know that there are those who have already judged him and declared Martin 100% innocent in the incident. But in my opinion, the prosecution sure hasn't made a case for that being the way it was.

You got ignored mainly because I just didn't want so many confrontational conversations going about such a highly charged topic. Even one discussion like that gets hateful sometimes.

I appreciate that you all want to argue with people who don't have the same opinions as you. You want to explain to them why they are wrong and you are right. There just aren't enough Lefties anymore so you either have to learn to be nicer or fight with each other.

I don't want to participate if it's just all of you against me. Make sense?

You got ignored mainly because I just didn't want so many confrontational conversations going about such a highly charged topic. Even one discussion like that gets hateful sometimes.

I appreciate that you all want to argue with people who don't have the same opinions as you. You want to explain to them why they are wrong and you are right. There just aren't enough Lefties anymore so you either have to learn to be nicer or fight with each other.

I'm not "against" you Sarah.

I just find your pronouncements to generally be baseless.

Some girl makes an accusation about GZ, who you wish to declare guilty of murder, so you take her unconfirmed claim as "fact."

You are, as I noted earlier, staking your claims entirely on the basis of your preconceived notions and your abysmal and obvious bias.

You DO have the right to shoot another person when that other person is beating you and pounding your head into the pavement if, under those circumstances, you reasonably feel that your life is in peril or your are facing the risk of serious physical injury because of the beat down.

It doesn't matter if the other guy is armed or not. Oh, and that kind of a beat down IS breaking the law.

Quite often, the one who resorts to self defense IS the only surviving witness.

The only problem with that..is that you have to establish that it was the type of beating that warranted the action.

You make thing a few boo boos are life threatening. I don't.

And given that it was Zimmerman that initiated the incident, I think that "self defense" here should require, at the very least, a reasonable fear that death was imminent.

Yup, Zimmerman had no business asking a black man what he was doing wandering out in some strange neighborhood.

He wasn't "wandering," he was returning home after buying Skittles and iced tea.

Last edited:

27ebfa81.gif

Last edited:

Some girl makes an accusation about GZ, who you wish to declare guilty of murder, so you take her unconfirmed claim as "fact."

You are, as I noted earlier, staking your claims entirely on the basis of your preconceived notions and your abysmal and obvious bias.

I have a good prounouncement for you..

Not really.

"Common Sense" tells me that a person does not have the right to shoot another person, especially if that person is unarmed and isn't breaking the law.

So when the shooter is the only one around to tell the story, one has to be very careful to make sure that story checks out.

And given the circumstances? It better be a good story.

This just wasn't.

You DO have the right to shoot another person when that other person is beating you and pounding your head into the pavement if, under those circumstances, you reasonably feel that your life is in peril or your are facing the risk of serious physical injury because of the beat down.

It doesn't matter if the other guy is armed or not. Oh, and that kind of a beat down IS breaking the law.

Quite often, the one who resorts to self defense IS the only surviving witness.

The only problem with that..is that you have to establish that it was the type of beating that warranted the action.

You make thing a few boo boos are life threatening. I don't.

And given that it was Zimmerman that initiated the incident, I think that "self defense" here should require, at the very least, a reasonable fear that death was imminent.

GZ and his defense team DID establish that he got the kind of beating that warrants raising the claim of justification. NOW it is up to the STATE to DISPROVE it.

It is not the degree of injury suffered that justifies the action.

It is the kind of injury one reasonably feels, under the circumstances, that he is confronted with.

And no. I don't think a few boo boos are life threatening. But I DO think that if you have a guy on top of you pounding your noggin onto the pavement after you have had your nose broken by that guy, you MIGHT very well think that it is going to END badly for you. REAL badly. You might think you are about to have your skull busted or that you are about to die. (I also don't think a broken nose is anywhere near akin to a mere boo boo.)

YOU seem to think that such a thought process is unreasonable unless the injuries are already severe. I think you are simply and totally wrong on that point.

Last edited:

I have a good prounouncement for you..

Without basis as usual?

Or are you going to do something totally unusual for you and back up your generally empty pronouncement this time around?

If Zimmerman was a "white racist" out to kill himself a black kid why was his gun still holstered when he had been knocked to the ground and was being hit repeatedly and having his head"impacted" into the concrete walk? If he wanted to kill Mr. Martin wouldn't he have had his gun drawn the moment Mr. Martin approached? He didn't draw the gun until he had no other way to resist the attack by Mr. Martin.

Judge Rules Trayvon Martin’s Drug Use and History of Violence Not Currently Admissible in Court

May 28 2013

George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.

In a recent ruling the judge for the case, Debra Nelson, said that evidence will not be initially admissible. Zimmerman’s defense team hopes to introduce the evidence to show that Martin had a predisposition to engage in fighting and violent behavior and possibly show him as the aggressor.

According to CBS News,

Nelson ruled Tuesday that George Zimmerman’s defense may not bring up Trayvon Martin’s past marijuana use, school suspensions or fighting at trial without another ruling granting them permission

This likely means that Nelson would only allow information about Martin’s past if the prosecution brings up Zimmerman’s past first.

Also recently released were higher resolution, color photos of George Zimmerman’s injuries, showing more physical damage than initial black and white photos initially released.​

Judge Rules Trayvon Martin?s Drug Use and History of Violence Not Currently Admissible in Court

--------------------------------

Text messages about Martin's smoking marijuana and trouble at school were released by Zimmerman's defense attorneys last week. The photos released by the defense team also show Martin blowing smoke and making an obscene gesture toward the camera.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told the judge that Martin's marijuana use and past fighting was central to the argument that Zimmerman used self-defense when he confronted Martin last year at a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. He has pleaded not guilty.

"We have a lot of evidence that marijuana use had something to do with the event," O'Mara said. "It could have affected his behavior."

Also on Tuesday, Nelson ruled that a toxicology test showing that Martin had marijuana in his system at the time of his death could not be discussed during opening statements.

The judge ruled against a defense request that the pool of jury candidates be sequestered during jury selection. Nelson denied a prosecution request for a gag order that would prohibit attorneys from talking about the case.​

Trayvon Martin Update: Judge denies delay of George Zimmerman's June 10 murder trial - Crimesider - CBS News

So Trayvan's history of violence and drug use isn't admissible. Strange that is the thing that led to this incident in the first place. The judge is desperately trying to make a conviction easy yet the prosecution still is having problems proving their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back