The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of hearing the Bernster say "I don't have a FB account, my wife and kids do <chuckle chuckle>" like it's the funniest thing he's ever said.

Get a FB account so we can stop hearing that "joke", Bernie.

These people are lying and saying/trying to say all the right things.

For some reason or another they're wanting to be on the jury.

I am noticing that, too! Why is that? Of course they've formed opinions. The last woman has friends all over who were asking her to protest. She's spoken to people on FB and locally about it, but she doesn't have an opinion? Love how EVERYONE says they just want to hear the facts before they make a decision. Really? Kudos to everyone in that jury pool for being completely open-minded.

I am noticing that, too! Why is that? Of course they've formed opinions. The last woman has friends all over who were asking her to protest. She's spoken to people on FB and locally about it, but she doesn't have an opinion? Love how EVERYONE says they just want to hear the facts before they make a decision. Really? Kudos to everyone in that jury pool for being completely open-minded.

The last one said "activist", friends at rallies, etc.... Eh??

This guy seems like he doesn't give a sh!t. Make him do it! lol

Everyone saying all the right things and then there's juror #39.

Hey, at least the guy was honest, right? Basically he admitted he'd put GZ away today, no matter what the evidence is.

OMG - HLN just played a blurb about their Zimmerman coverage and it's so awful! It totally makes TM look like the Grim Reaper. Awful! 911 tape playing in the background, rainy dark night, then this completely black hooded figure walking slowly towards the camera. Wow! They better nix that one. Another re-enactment fail.

Just as an FYI on the jury selection in FL:

I live in FL. I've received several summons for jury selection the past 8 years. On the notices mailed out, there is a postcard that can be mailed back if the potential juror can't attend the selection process. The reason must be valid and able to be proven; various reasons to opt out are given (unable to take a day off from work, financial hardship, would need child care, etc). Those that show up more than likely want to be there.

Everyone saying all the right things and then there's juror #39.

Hey, at least the guy was honest, right? Basically he admitted he'd put GZ away today, no matter what the evidence is.

OMG - HLN just played a blurb about their Zimmerman coverage and it's so awful! It totally makes TM look like the Grim Reaper. Awful! 911 tape playing in the background, rainy dark night, then this completely black hooded figure walking slowly towards the camera. Wow! They better nix that one. Another re-enactment fail.

They lost me with the JoJo headstand re-enactment.

Couple notes:
When trial starts Z will make a prima facia case showing self defense. That doesn't mean he will prove self defense, only assert it so that appears "on it's face" to be a claim of self defense, then the burden will shift to the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did not act in self defense.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] may have some words of wisdom to add there.

Also, the verdict must be unanimous - all 6 - or it hangs and the state has the option to retry.

Couple notes:
When trial starts Z will make a prima facia case showing self defense. That doesn't mean he will prove self defense, only assert it so that appears "on it's face" to be a claim of self defense, then the burden will shift to the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did not act in self defense.

Also, the verdict must be unanimous - all 6 - or it hangs and the state has the option to retry.

Oh thats right....burden is on prosecution...shoe is on other foot....lol. I wouldnt want the burden of trying to prove it wasnt in self defense.

Couple notes:

He does not have to prove his innocence. The states must prove its case against him. All he has to do is establish reasonable doubt, which in this case, is likely easier to do that to use the 'stand your ground' defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back