The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...it also died down a bit when NBC was caught doctoring tapes in favor of trayvon and the race card....of course trayvons family was content with that being covered up for as long as it was. The family isnt fooling anyone, because their attorney is one of the biggest race baiters out there and he is working for them.

If you are black and on the jury, there will be enormous pressure for that person to "send a message" and convict. Im sure the defense will do everything in its power to keep black people off of the jury...I know that sounds bad...but if I was the defense attorney I wouldnt want to put a black person under that pressure.

I can't bring myself to believe that every person that is black is going to feel pressure to convict Z, even if there might be evidence to support his claim of self defense. Just as there as those that eat, sleep, breathe, and worship every word of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers, etc, there are those that despise what those same people stand for and their ways of going about bringing attention to their own causes. It's possible someone, regardless of race, will be on the jury that is dead set on the agenda of being hell-bent on convicting Z. It's also possible that someone that 'tainted' will do and say whatever they have to in order to be on the jury. All we can do is hope and pray that all involved in this trial aren't so full of hate for mankind that they refuse to see and hear the evidence from both sides in order to make an informed and educated decision.

I agree...I dont think they are destined to vote guilty...unfortunately all of the marches and protests put them in a very bad position as jurors and as a result they will be avoided if possible...its not fair...its not right, but it is what it is. They can blame the sharptons and ilk for that.

This shouldnt be about race at all...this has been built on race when it wasnt there...that has some consequences.

Last edited:
If people bother to look at the evidence, they will see this is not about race. Whatever tendencies GZ had that can be construed as violent were not racially-based. He had a violent personal relationship at one point, and I guess he had resisting arrest or something else - all when he was younger. To me, he's young now. When this happened with TM, what was he? 28? That's very young to me. Not excusing it, just saying.

So the racial aspect has been entirely driven by the Martin family, as far as I see. And that's the coward's way out. Don't look at the facts, blame it on bias. Vigilantism. Racial profiling. Anything but our son who may have been partially culpable in his own death. Sorry, but it's been spun that way. It will be up to the system to find the truth and I'm not sure the people are strong enough to stand up to this all too convenient concept of perceived persecution.

I have my own ideas about this that's not PC so I'll refrain. But the true heroes are the minorities who refuse to be led down this false path and pursue the truth rather than succumbing to the stereotypical branding of issues with labels of "unfairness" and "bigotry". Nothing positive comes from that, ever. It's a constant wonderment why it keeps happening. Haven't these civic leaders learned yet? And, yes, Obama is one of those uninformed, supposedly PC, fools too. Absofuckinglutely.

If people bother to look at the evidence, they will see this is not about race. Whatever tendencies GZ had that can be construed as violent were not racially-based. He had a violent personal relationship at one point, and I guess he had resisting arrest or something else - all when he was younger. To me, he's young now. When this happened with TM, what was he? 28? That's very young to me. Not excusing it, just saying.

So the racial aspect has been entirely driven by the Martin family, as far as I see. And that's the coward's way out. Don't look at the facts, blame it on bias. Vigilantism. Racial profiling. Anything but our son who may have been partially culpable in his own death. Sorry, but it's been spun that way. It will be up to the system to find the truth and I'm not sure the people are strong enough to stand up to this all too convenient concept of perceived persecution.

I have my own ideas about this that's not PC so I'll refrain. But the true heroes are the minorities who refuse to be led down this false path and pursue the truth rather than succumbing to the stereotypical branding of issues with labels of "unfairness" and "bigotry". Nothing positive comes from that, ever. It's a constant wonderment why it keeps happening. Haven't these civic leaders learned yet? And, yes, Obama is one of those uninformed, supposedly PC, fools too. Absofuckinglutely.

Yep and if the jury doesnt vote the way they want...they will riot...if they do vote the way they want, then the intimidation worked and they will do it again. Somewhere the madness has to stop. Why cant we just have the case decided on the merits...as soon as the race card is pulled, I get rebellious...especially in this case where evidence was tampered with/withheld, tapes edited, etc., to MAKE it about race instead of the facts.

Its like we can't win with talent, so we cheat to win. I would be very concerned if I was the defense about getting a fair trial...it will cost Florida millions.

Last edited:

Yep and if the jury doesnt vote the way they want...they will riot...if they do vote the way they want, then the intimidation worked and they will do it again. Somewhere the madness has to stop. Why cant we just have the case decided on the merits...as soon as the race card is pulled, I get rebellious...especially in this case where evidence was tampered with/withheld, tapes edited, etc., to MAKE it about race instead of the facts.

Its like we can't win with talent, so we cheat to win. I would be very concerned if I was the defense about getting a fair trial...it will cost Florida millions.

not only evidence tampering such a msnbc pulled off

the state has been caught red handed several times

for withholding evidence

not only evidence tampering such a msnbc pulled off

the state has been caught red handed several times

for withholding evidence

Great point...most recently within the last week...didnt someone lose their job over it?

Has Zimmerman ever called in a suspicious white guy? Answer thY honestly and come back here and say he didn't suspect martin because of race. If not race why did he think martin was suspicious? It's all about race.

Has Zimmerman ever called in a suspicious white guy? Answer thY honestly and come back here and say he didn't suspect martin because of race. If not race why did he think martin was suspicious? It's all about race.

It appears you are the one suspicious of race...think about it. You are assuming that because he was suspicious that it must be because he is black...and that must be what GZ was thinking....why would you think that without a predisposition yourself?...lol.

Who knows what race his suspicions were in the past...you dont and havnt looked it up either...you are assuming. While youre at it tell us what race was responsible for the several robberies that occurred in that very neighborhood....according to a female resident (who happens to be black) ALL of the robberies were by young black males and she wasnt happy about it...is she racist against her own race?

SO:

1. Go do your own research on what race he called on instead of coming in here demanding we do it.....if you are asking the question then surely you know the answer, right?

2. Go do your own research on the number of recent robberies in that complex and what race was responsible.

3. When GZ first followed he didnt know what race the kid was...he had a hoodie on...he didnt even suggest the race...the dispatcher asked for his best description and he gave it...and he was right. In the end, he was proven right...it turns out Trayvon was up to no good....he punched and bloodied the head of the neighborhood watch guy...he was trouble...GZ was the victim before the shot was fired.

Last edited:

It appears you are the one suspicious of race...think about it. You are assuming that because he was suspicious that it must be because he is black...and that must be what GZ was thinking....why would you think that without a predisposition yourself?...lol.

the state is going to have a hard time using the race card if they choose that route

a little background

Zimmerman and his wife tutored black (and white) children for free on weekends.
Zimmerman partnered with an African-American to open a business in 2004.
When the white son of a local police lieutenant escaped discipline after beating a black man Zimmerman circulated flyers demanding punishment.
The FBI spent months looking for a racial motivation in this killing, but found no evidence to support such a finding.

the state is going to have a hard time using the race card if they choose that route

a little background

When the white son of a local police lieutenant escaped discipline after beating a black man Zimmerman circulated flyers demanding punishment.
The FBI spent months looking for a racial motivation in this killing, but found no evidence to support such a finding.

Yep...and this will come out in the trial also. The guy isnt racist...he was asked to be NH Captain and was concerned for neighbors that had seen a barrage of recent robberies. He decided to keep an eye open and do something about it ....for the neighborhood.

Now, I would be curious as to what made GZ so suspicious...it appears the kid was just walking back from the store...was there something that Trayvon did differently that caused suspicion over any other kid walking thru the neighborhood. Its a big complex and there has to be kids walking through there all the time...I am curious as to what Trayvon was doing outside of walking that was suspicious. GZ will have to explain that. I have kids walking through my neighborhood all the time and I dont call on every kid or even most of the kids...the difference would be if a kid unfamiliar to the neighborhood was just loitering around doing suspicious things such as going in back yards, looking through windows, etc.

a little background

Yep...and this will come out in the trial also. The guy isnt racist...he was asked to be NH Captain and was concerned for neighbors that had seen a barrage of recent robberies. He decided to keep an eye open and do something about it ....for the neighborhood.

Now, I would be curious as to what made GZ so suspicious...it appears the kid was just walking back from the store...was there something that Trayvon did differently that caused suspicion over any other kid walking thru the neighborhood. Its a big complex and there has to be kids walking through there all the time...I am curious as to what Trayvon was doing outside of walking that was suspicious. GZ will have to explain that. I have kids walking through my neighborhood all the time and I dont call on every kid or even most of the kids...the difference would be if a kid unfamiliar to the neighborhood was just loitering around doing suspicious things such as going in back yards, looking through windows, etc.

if i remember he spotted him hanging out by the clubhouse which was closed

for the night plus it was rainy that night

a little background

Do you know what time of day it was?

Do you know what time of day it was?

early evening 6:30 or later

there is a website that has all that info

it is a lefty site but they are fair on the reporting

George Zimmerman: Jury Selection Begins - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

there is also a couple of good internet site to watch the proceedings live

without much narration

If we're going to discuss this case, let's stick to the facts and refrain from taking this personally. None of us know what happened but we all have opinions. Let's see what comes in as evidence first before we think we know more than the lawyers, judge, and witnesses. Gheesh! Such venom already and the actual trial hasn't begun yet!

That is one of the most self contradictory statements I have ever seen posted on a forum.

How do you know that TM knew he had a gun?

So, all of you leftists are arguing that Zimmerman was 'menacing.' That would mean Li'l Trayvon had reason to reasonable fear the person who was merely walking behind him ONCE. Since walking behind some is not illegal and it does not rise to the level of menacing, in order for him to have 'reasonable fear' he would have to know about the gun. Of course, if he did then he was a stupid fuck to attack Zimmerman. But then, I'm pretty sure the little gang banger was just a stupid fuck. Period.

He followed him around the complex in a car, then got out..and was following him on foot, and then he gave chase.

This isn't trivial. He was carrying a gun at the time.

None of that is illegal.

Yeah...it also died down a bit when NBC was caught doctoring tapes in favor of trayvon and the race card....of course trayvons family was content with that being covered up for as long as it was. The family isnt fooling anyone, because their attorney is one of the biggest race baiters out there and he is working for them.

If you are black and on the jury, there will be enormous pressure for that person to "send a message" and convict. Im sure the defense will do everything in its power to keep black people off of the jury...I know that sounds bad...but if I was the defense attorney I wouldnt want to put a black person under that pressure.

I can't bring myself to believe that every person that is black is going to feel pressure to convict Z, even if there might be evidence to support his claim of self defense. Just as there as those that eat, sleep, breathe, and worship every word of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers, etc, there are those that despise what those same people stand for and their ways of going about bringing attention to their own causes. It's possible someone, regardless of race, will be on the jury that is dead set on the agenda of being hell-bent on convicting Z. It's also possible that someone that 'tainted' will do and say whatever they have to in order to be on the jury. All we can do is hope and pray that all involved in this trial aren't so full of hate for mankind that they refuse to see and hear the evidence from both sides in order to make an informed and educated decision.

There was a racially charged trial in Nashville shortly after I moved there. A group of gang bangers broke in on a Nashville teacher, robbed, and raped her. One of them said, 'I'm going to get me some of that white pussy' before we are out of here. She said she knew at that point the rape was going to happen so she complied and made double sure through the ordeal that she would be able to identify every one of them. They spent the next several hours raping her orally, vaginally, and anally. The reaction from the black community was despicable. They were all 'good boys', blah blah blah. But when the trial went down there were blacks on the jury. One of the young black men wept when he heard her testimony. And the entire gang was convicted and are likely still in prison.

Evidence is a powerful thing. Ignoring evidence is the mark of a 'runaway jury,' and while 'not guilty' verdicts are not challenged because of Double Jeopardy, a 'guilty' verdict can be overturned on appeal, and just that has happened in the past.

runaway jury is composed of jurors that, for the most part, make their own decisions. The jurors make use of their right to act independently, and don't pay attention to the instructions of the court and prosecutor.

Runaway Jury Law & Legal Definition

Last week, the California Appellate Court in a lengthy opinion (116 pages) overturned the murder conviction of Michael Pizarro (People v. Pizarro). This is the third time that Mr. Pizarro has had his sentence overturned by the appellate court. In this latest instance, the appellate court overturned the verdict because a juror conducted his own online research. Specifically, the juror learned that Pizarro had not only been convicted in a prior trial, but had also testified.

The trial court deemed the juror's action gross misconduct but not sufficient to overturn the verdict because of overwhelming evidence of Pizarro's guilt. The appellate court saw it differently stating that:

Online Juror Research Leads to Another Overturned Verdict (People v. Pizarro) - Juries

If we're going to discuss this case, let's stick to the facts and refrain from taking this personally. None of us know what happened but we all have opinions. Let's see what comes in as evidence first before we think we know more than the lawyers, judge, and witnesses. Gheesh! Such venom already and the actual trial hasn't begun yet!

That is one of the most self contradictory statements I have ever seen posted on a forum.

How's this, Sunshine...As the facts come in we give our opinions on how they will influence the trial. Better? And thanks so much for your critique.

How's this, Sunshine...As the facts come in we give our opinions on how they will influence the trial. Better? And thanks so much for your critique.

How's this, SFW........This is America. A person is free to have any damned opinion they want to have on any damned thing they want to have it on! Of course, you don't approve. We know that, you much prefer totalitarianism.

Oh BTW, IOU a neg.

Sunshine, with all due respect, your comments are a little cray cray. You don't know how I feel about anything. Have and express whatever opinions you want to, even the uninformed ones about me.

I was commenting about all the nastiness on the Z trial threads. You proved I am correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back