The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be smart, pleasant, have some common sense and still be a terrible communicator that comes across as a huge bore. You should know that, Lia.

Well, you certainly establish that you can be not too smart, not genuinely pleasant, not a good communicator and yet still be a huge bore, Sarie.

But putting you aside, the good doctor is more well received by objective jurors than a person of your utterly biased nature could possibly fathom.

By jove, I think you've got it!

This didn't start with race. This started with the media's idea that this case could be used to get stand your ground laws struck down and institute strict gun control.

You sound like pee wee Herman bouncing off my sarcasm like that, Lia. I realize this guy is boring but wake up and at least attempt finding your own material.

There's this guy RD who I have on ignore but I see his name pop up just about everytime you post something, Lia. Is this your backup?

You sound like pee wee Herman bouncing off my sarcasm like that, Lia. I realize this guy is boring but wake up and at least attempt finding your own material.

I was just mocking your inadequate effort to employ "sarcasm," honey.

The guy is not boring at all.

The cross examination effort of the prosecutor is pretty weak however.

What are all those misguided unarmed White Folks gonna do when the Riots come their way? What if cowering and hiding isn't enough? What will they do?

What are all those misguided unarmed White Folks gonna do when the Riots come their way? What if cowering and hiding isn't enough? What will they do?

If there is any rioting, I wonder if any of the rioters will take a lesson out of TM's playbook, now, and stop to consider that maybe some intended <cracker> would-be victim might be carrying a concealed weapon?

What are all those misguided unarmed White Folks gonna do when the Riots come their way? What if cowering and hiding isn't enough? What will they do in a pinch? I guess we may find out. Gonna be interesting.

'

Yet another non sequitur from Manifold.

Oops! If he doesn't understand English, how will he be able to understand Latin!

"A statement which does not follow logically from what Esmeralda wrote."

There! Now Manifold may, at least with the use of a dictionary, have a fighting chance to understand.

Apparently your ability to understand English is as poor as my own.

Whatever will we do to communicate? :dunno:

If there is any rioting, I wonder if any of the rioters will take a lesson out of TM's playbook, now, and stop to consider that maybe some intended <cracker> would-be victim might be carrying a concealed weapon?

Sometimes cowering and hiding isn't enough. What will they do in a pinch? I guess we may find out. Gonna be interesting.

My point is that if she buried exculpatory evidence that is grounds for a Bar complaint. There are many many ways that things come to the attention of the public as more and more people trust the mainstream media less and less.

Which is what makes the legs this story has obtained all the more interesting. The mainstream media, most of which is tilted decidedly left, has been in Trayvon Martin's camp all along and have done their damndest to already convict Zimmerman. They lead every story with as many negative 'facts' as they can report about Zimmerman before getting into the extenuating facts deeper into the story--deep enough most people won't ever see them. It is the way dishonest journalism is done these days and is intended to influence and indoctrinate rather than report.

So why would so many of them jump on this Citizen Grand Jury bandwagon and why are none of them discrediting the citizen's grand jury? This is actually an interesting phenomenon I am watching.

Is it a diversion that the prosecution hopes they can manage to use to poison the well in this trial and get a mistrial because they can't believe they are winning the case? Or is it something real that is happening? Or nothing?

Just watchng and observing at this point. . . .

I think it bears watching. I my thread about the media I just made the point that the dishonesty of the mainstream media is what has pushed people into looking for alternative news sources. If the item is something the media doesn't like, it will never come to the light of day unless some alternative group gets the word out there.

What you described is lying by omission. And it is clear that the media has definitely done that in addition to altering recordings and photographs which is blatant overt lying. They have broadcast fair amounts of the trial. I'll give them that much. But there are a LOT of people who can't watch the trial due to having to work, etc. It is the reports about the trial which are 180 out from what actually aired on their very own networks.

Well if this story has legs, Corey may have a problem of lying by omission. But what I am describing with the media isn't exactly that. It is manipulating the information to play on the weaknesses of the general public that can be counted on to exhibit certain behavior along with their willingness to be manipulated. (To wit certain people in this thread who had their minds made up before the trial ever started.)

When they show a young, innocent looking Trayvon Martin over and over and over instead of the Trayvon Martin as he looked the night of the shooting, it plants a certain image in the minds of those who are willing to be manipulated and who are not inclined to look any further. When they show a clean cut, unmarred Zimmerman over and over and over instead of the one with the bleeding head and bloody nose, that also plants an image in the gullible.

And when they lead the story with all the negatives they can work into the story in the leading paragraphs, but include the extenuating information deep in the story, they count on the public to read the first few paragraphs only even as they self righteously proclaim that their story is fair and balanced. Most people with no vested interest in a story don't read beyond the headlines and the first two or three paragraphs, and those who intend to indoctrinate rather than inform objectively, know that.

In my opinion, any fair minded person knows nobody knows for sure what happened that fateful night other than Zimmerman and Martin. But any fair minded person cannot possibly conclude from this trial that Zimmerman is guilty of anything other than self defense. The prosecution has not made its case unless they have a hell of an unimpeachable closing argument and the defense totally screws theirs up.

Last edited:
For those with comprehension problems...

I never said the use of the word in that context was incorrect, just that I'd never heard it used in that context before. Prior to this thread, I'd only ever heard the word used in the grammatical context. When it comes to references to people, it's far more common to use the words parent, grandparents, great grandparents and/or ancestors.

Just an observation, mildly humorous to perhaps only me.

I didn't mean to kick sand in all your vaginas, that was just a bonus. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back