The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think certain liberals just hate George Zimmerman, and won't stop trying to convict him no matter what the evidence says.

I wouldn't think it would help ol' Tray-von.

So he was high on marijuana as well as lurking around in the rain, huh?

If a Neighborhood Watch isn't suspicious of somebody like him, I don't know who they should be suspicious of. It IS "youths" like Trayvon who commit most of the crimes, after all! He could have accounted for what he was doing there in a respectful manner and then gone directly to his father's house. But no............he had to attack. He deserved all he got, IMO.

George Zimmerman charged, hearing expected Thursday - CNN.com

According to an Orlando Sentinel story later confirmed by Sanford police, Zimmerman told authorities that after he briefly lost track of Martin, the teen approached him. After the two exchange words, Zimmerman said, he reached for his cell phone, and then Martin punched him in the nose. Zimmerman said Martin pinned him to the ground and began slamming his head into the sidewalk.

"But no............he had to attack. He deserved all he got, IMO".

The exchange between the two before the fight would be worth its weight in Gold - to bad Z could not have just struck him with his weapon than kill him - there would have been no headlines or story for him to have displayed restraint.

and 3. is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.

there is no doubt Zimmerman has displayed an indifference to human life - he is no more justified in his actions than the person he killed.

What evidence do you have that he was acting with indifference to human life? The law in the state of Florida does not allow for the act of shooting someone itself to meet the standard you are quoting. If you have other evidence I would like to hear it. The conversation you keep referring to was "Why you following me?" "What you talking about/What are you doing here"(depending on which version of Dee Dee/Diamond Eugene/Rachel Jeantel's account you take). That is the absolute best the state can establish as what that conversation was. Indifference to human life would have to be GZ saying "I'm going to kill you ******". No witness can say this happened.

Last edited:
Best part of the Dr's testimony was where he explained the stunning effects of the skull impacts by saying (paraphrased) "If you've every hit your head really hard, you know what that feels like".

Instead of trying to relate the injuries in words, he gave the jury a frame of reference, a first hand example.

I've rang my own bell just a few weeks ago, and the experience lept to my mind as soon as the Doctor made the statement.

I raised up too quickly and hit my head on an I beam...thought I had cracked my skull open...hurt like a sombitch...I had so sit down.

Who hasn't done similar?

And the jury now has that first hand head injury experience in their mind...

Excellent testimony.
Yep. I could so relate to his testimony.

I used to keep pictures on the tv, before flat screens, and dusting one day a glass frame fell on my head and I was out cold for a few seconds, maybe only 20. Scared my husband to death.

No cuts, no blood and definately no stitches but man-o-man it hurt.

(Lesson here...don't dust :))

It's all about getting the attention of the public.

She ran unopposed in the last election, she is not from the district the trial is being held in which may be by design. She may burn for Marrissa Alexander, flipping hundreds of juvie cases to adult court, the arrest warrant, sanctions on hiding the watermelon, dis dat and da udda ting. She's got a lib rep all over her about Alexander.

She doesn't have a very gleaming reputation at this point.

My point is that if she buried exculpatory evidence that is grounds for a Bar complaint. There are many many ways that things come to the attention of the public as more and more people trust the mainstream media less and less.

I gotcha on the point.

It is gaining quite some ground and publicity. I don't know that the pubic knows about the other stuff as much since she's from JAX. The arrest affidavit is what's making her all the new friends and probably this shoddy performance.

We'll see.

I expect political ripples.

Edited for sanctions - I believe most people are quite aware of how sleezy and on purpose that game was.

Last edited:
This pathologist is talking about bruising on Trey's knuckles and whether it would show externally. As usual the defense is buying into the prosecution's argument that if trey was striking Zim he would do it with a closed fist. Assuming that Trey, unlike Zim, has had a little fight training he would know to NEVER strike with a closed fist except against the soft parts of the body such as the stomach. Blows to the head should ALWAYS be done with the HEEL of the HAND or the edge of it. NEVER, EVER with the fist unless your goal is to break your own hand. Gloves are warn by boxers NOT to protect the person getting hit, but to protect the HANDS of the puncher.

Just to clarify..

There is no truth to the rumor that the animation includes a sequence wherein a large Acme anvil falls out of the sky and strikes Bernie de la Rionda on the head.

20090429_anvil_head.jpg

That's right...in the sequence, it's actually a large Peddinghous anvil...not an Acme...

Last edited:
It's all about getting the attention of the public.

She ran unopposed in the last election, she is not from the district the trial is being held in which may be by design. She may burn for Marrissa Alexander, flipping hundreds of juvie cases to adult court, the arrest warrant, sanctions on hiding the watermelon, dis dat and da udda ting. She's got a lib rep all over her about Alexander.

My point is that if she buried exculpatory evidence that is grounds for a Bar complaint. There are many many ways that things come to the attention of the public as more and more people trust the mainstream media less and less.

Which is what makes the legs this story has obtained all the more interesting. The mainstream media, most of which is tilted decidedly left, has been in Trayvon Martin's camp all along and have done their damndest to already convict Zimmerman. They lead every story with as many negative 'facts' as they can report about Zimmerman before getting into the extenuating facts deeper into the story--deep enough most people won't ever see them. It is the way dishonest journalism is done these days and is intended to influence and indoctrinate rather than report.

So why would so many of them jump on this Citizen Grand Jury bandwagon and why are none of them discrediting the citizen's grand jury? This is actually an interesting phenomenon I am watching.

Is it a diversion that the prosecution hopes they can manage to use to poison the well in this trial and get a mistrial because they can't believe they are winning the case? Or is it something real that is happening? Or nothing?

Just watchng and observing at this point. . . .

Which is what makes the legs this story has obtained all the more interesting. The mainstream media, most of which is tilted decidedly left, has been in Trayvon Martin's camp all along and have done their damndest to already convict Zimmerman. They lead every story with as many negative 'facts' as they can report about Zimmerman before getting into the extenuating facts deeper into the story--deep enough most people won't ever see them. It is the way dishonest journalism is done these days and is intended to influence and indoctrinate rather than report.

So why would so many of them jump on this Citizen Grand Jury bandwagon and why are none of them discrediting the citizen's grand jury? This is actually an interesting phenomenon I am watching.

Is it a diversion that the prosecution hopes they can manage to use to poison the well in this trial and get a mistrial because they can't believe they are winning the case? Or is it something real that is happening? Or nothing?

Ditto.

We'll see.

Veddy veddy intadestink.

This pathologist is talking about bruising on Trey's knuckles and whether it would show externally. As usual the defense is buying into the prosecution's argument that if trey was striking Zim he would do it with a closed fist. Assuming that Trey, unlike Zim, has had a little fight training he would know to NEVER strike with a closed fist except against the soft parts of the body such as the stomach. Blows to the head should ALWAYS be done with the HEEL of the HAND or the edge of it. NEVER, EVER with the fist unless your goal is to break your own hand. Gloves are warn by boxers NOT to protect the person getting hit, but to protect the HANDS of the puncher.

The prosecution's contention is that if TM was punching GZ that he would have had bruises on the hands. This witness completely cuts the legs off this contention. Best case scenario for the state is they proved that no one involved in the altercation was ready to fight Jean Claude in blood sport.

Best part of the Dr's testimony was where he explained the stunning effects of the skull impacts by saying (paraphrased) "If you've every hit your head really hard, you know what that feels like".

Instead of trying to relate the injuries in words, he gave the jury a frame of reference, a first hand example.

I've rang my own bell just a few weeks ago, and the experience lept to my mind as soon as the Doctor made the statement.

I raised up too quickly and hit my head on an I beam...thought I had cracked my skull open...hurt like a sombitch...I had so sit down.

Who hasn't done similar?

And the jury now has that first hand head injury experience in their mind...

Excellent testimony.
Yep. I could so relate to his testimony.

I used to keep pictures on the tv, before flat screens, and dusting one day a glass frame fell on my head and I was out cold for a few seconds, maybe only 20. Scared my husband to death.

No cuts, no blood and definately no stitches but man-o-man it hurt.

(Lesson here...don't dust :))

:lol:

I think it bears watching. I my thread about the media I just made the point that the dishonesty of the mainstream media is what has pushed people into looking for alternative news sources. If the item is something the media doesn't like, it will never come to the light of day unless some alternative group gets the word out there.

What you described is lying by omission. And it is clear that the media has definitely done that in addition to altering recordings and photographs which is blatant overt lying. They have broadcast fair amounts of the trial. I'll give them that much. But there are a LOT of people who can't watch the trial due to having to work, etc. It is the reports about the trial which are 180 out from what actually aired on their very own networks.

Last edited:
Is West going to be confident enough that he did a good job to let the prosecution ask some questions after the lunch break?

<sigh>

So the prosecution reluctantly made Zimmerman's case, and now the defense is decisively making Zimmerman's case?

Good for Zimmerman.

Hopefully when this trial is over, the people who forced the case into court will be made to explain why. If any evidence was suppressed to make this happen, hopefully the people who did that will be prevented from ever doing it again.

Many of the things the prosecution has done have backfired on them.

Silly question from silly Sarah.

Anybody would be confident in the testimony of Dr. D.

There is good reason to believe that the cross examination is going to be heavily embarrassing to the State, especially the prosecutor doing the cross examination of the good doctor.

Watch what happens when the prosecutor tries to compel this witness to say something helpful to the State (as the defense got so many of the State's witnesses to say helpful stuff for the defense). It's simply not going to happen.

Stick a fork in this prosecution. It's done.

So the prosecution reluctantly made Zimmerman's case, and now the defense is decisively making Zimmerman's case?

Good for Zimmerman.

Hopefully when this trial is over, the people who forced the case into court will be made to explain why. If any evidence was suppressed to make this happen, hopefully the people who did that will be prevented from ever doing it again.

Unfortunately, that will never ever happen. This isn't the first time Sharpton & Co. have done this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back