The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
now I wondering about the jury. It seems like some experience with 'fighting' would have been a criteria for selection.

Banging a human head on concrete--yes, I agree with yesterday's expert that said more damage could result regardless of superficial injuries. Difficult for me to imagine how/what a person would respond other than fear--but since I would not have been there in the first place I can't be rational, I suppose.

Someone --probably on a panel from HLN was saying--'Any mother would try to find out who started the fight...' Implying George Zimmerman did by following Trayvon. That seems too simplistic at this point.

If the investigation wasn't handle properly it seems like no verdict can be reached.

That's about all I can get out of this. shrug.

the use of self defense does not require injury

many people who claimed self defense had no injuries at all

This should be in the instructions. Part of being a juror is following the instructions.

yes it should be

it is already in the testimony on record

Nelson is a total whack job.

If GZ is found guilty of anything, he has numerous grounds for a successful appeal.

What's the rush with this trial? I get the jurors are sequestered but, my God woman, do your job correctly. This is completely absurd and unfair.

Nelson is a total whack job.

If GZ is found guilty of anything, he has numerous grounds for a successful appeal.

What's the rush with this trial? I get the jurors are sequestered but, my God woman, do your job correctly. This is completely absurd and unfair.

And, judges who are lawyers are not dummies for the most part. She can stand an appeal for abuse of discretion far better than she could stand getting shot by the angry mob. See what is working here?

Again,

TM was trespassing, not only by simply being in a private neighborhood, but by "cutting through" private lots.
He was noticed by member of the community (who has every right to question the trespasser)
TM assaulted the member of the community (GZ)
GZ defended himself.

9 grams of lead can do a lot to protect private property and exercise self defense.
That's what happened.

Pinkos hate that there is "private property"
Pinkos hate it when people "defend themselves"

Was Martin not temporarily staying in this gated community with an extended family member?

Anyway, the simple question of this all is whether Zimmerman was a coward who shot Martin as he was "getting away" or if he was legitimately "wailed on" before shooting Martin in self defense.

The stand-your-ground law should not be the issue at hand. The issue should be which version is correct.

Again,

TM was trespassing, not only by simply being in a private neighborhood, but by "cutting through" private lots.
He was noticed by member of the community (who has every right to question the trespasser)
TM assaulted the member of the community (GZ)
GZ defended himself.

9 grams of lead can do a lot to protect private property and exercise self defense.
That's what happened.

Pinkos hate that there is "private property"
Pinkos hate it when people "defend themselves"

Was Martin not temporarily staying in this gated community with an extended family member?

Anyway, the simple question of this all is whether Zimmerman was a coward who shot Martin as he was "getting away" or if he was legitimately "wailed on" before shooting Martin in self defense.

The stand-your-ground law should not be the issue at hand. The issue should be which version is correct.

Stand you ground isn't even being considered in this case. It's self defense.

yes it should be

it is already in the testimony on record

Should be - operative words.

Maybe she'll follow this trend and just skip that part.

defense will put it in and point to the testimony on the record

of this at closing

wonder what if any the defense will do about the texts not getting in

No idea. Obviously this isn't about truth.

Hence I'm hitting the #tequila and losing my mind.

I'd hit the media full out when this is over.

of this at closing

This cheerful optimism must cease.

of this at closing

Drinking game

If you want a fast buzz and pass out by noon, take a drink every time the judge sustains a prosecution objection

If you want slow buzz and to feel fine at dinner time, take a drink each time she sustains a defense objection

The animation guy was terrible anyway and he could have benefitted Di Miaio but it wasn't as if that was needed to help Zimmerman's case. It was meant to try and plant seeds in the jury's mind.

Dee Dee testified there could have been 200 texts that day. There were more than just her and Trayvon, several of them had been chatting all day. The judge said there isn't any name attached to the texts indicating who wrote which text. As an example, she said it could have been some other kid in the house using his phone.

She gave it some time and came up with her rulings. Good on you, Nelson after a long, long day.

Btw, it isn't her fault the defense doesn't have their lineup of witnesses ready. They need to manage their time better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back