The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...Kathi Belchitch is a biased commentator. But I do like Bill Schaeffer, that older attorney who comments. He's interesting.

Sometimes ClickOrlando doesn't load for me. Maybe I need to update Java or something. I just go with what doesn't keep buffering constantly.

Yeah...Kathi Belchitch is a biased commentator. But I do like Bill Schaeffer, that older attorney who comments. He's interesting.

Sometimes ClickOrlando doesn't load for me. Maybe I need to update Java or something. I just go with what doesn't keep buffering constantly.

I do too - he did Baby Killer too and he's usually on the spot.

I think click suffers from server overload from time to time.

The jury has got to be sitting there thinking "THIS is what we left early for yesterday?".

If you're ever called to be a juror, note that those large periods where you're sitting in the jury room is when you're missing all the good stuff.

I am not going to say a word about what happens at sidebar, much less what we do in chambers... I would get disbarred if I told.

You don't hear nurses talking about what they say in shift report or anyone on a psych treatment team telling what they talk about. Of course, knowing as I do, and did even before I went to law school, that there are instances that hearsay can come in, there are some things I hear a LOT of nurses say that I NEVER say under any circumstances because taken out of context those things can get you crucified. When I was teaching I always cautioned my students to keep their jokes and opinions to themselves.

Just tuning in...is there a reason the Prosecution's questioning is so pointed and combative? I haven't seen them use such a tone before.

FL--Self defense--'Anywhere you legally have a right to be...'

GA: For anyone who cares---

You can use deadly force, with no duty to retreat, in self-defense or the defense of others, when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to yourself. Deadly force is also allowed when you believe it's necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony or criminal interference with property or to terminate or prevent trespass.

In your home when the entry is made in a violent manner and you believe the entry is for assault or personal violence. You can also use deadly force to protect property legally in your possession, the possession of your family, or a property you have a legal duty to protect.

That sounds like --Think long and hard in GA, which may partially explain my reticence.

It doesn't sound like FL plans to change its law. The HLN panel believes that it should and infers that steps will be taken.

crickets.

it's a tough call----there are a million variables that could effect the situation. Would you like a law that says that you must call the police and have them protect yourself and your belongings ?

Hush yo mouth!

The Judge was explaining his rights and every case I have ever seen they do the same thing if they do not testify.
I wanted to see him testify.

Can you explain in verbatim the benefits (other than for want of knowing on your end) of the accused testifying before the jury, despite the fact his depositions and interviews have been played multiple times before the jury in court?

If his defense stands up to cross examination then not guilty slam dunk.
I do not fault the defense for not putting him up.
This is not about ME but the jury. It may hurt him as there may be jurors that need to hear his side of this subject to cross.
I believe he does not need to testify but have spoken with many jurors that wanted to hear the defendant say his side live.

As a layman, I understand that the accused seldom takes the stand in a murder trial unless the Defense is in serious dog doo-doo

From the first time I saw Mark Osterman on the stand, I didn't believe him. I think he was embellishing to benefit his book sales.

Now look at how much trouble he's caused for GZ - the P keeps referring to this Osterman version as an example of a big change of story.

Did Zimmerman ever tell anyone else besides Osterman that TM touched the gun? I can't think of anyone.

Defense is really hammering home (no pun intent) the deliberation/deliberateness of Zimmerman's act. In no way do they want the jury to use the fallback of negligence or involuntary anything.

IMO.

But I'm no lawyer.

Isn't that the point of some of this guy's testimony also? The stress on the pounds of force necessary to pull the trigger. Yes?

They are trying to disprove he was anger and hostility - depraved mind.

Last edited:
Just tuning in...is there a reason the Prosecution's questioning is so pointed and combative? I haven't seen them use such a tone before.

I think this witness is a biggie for the defense in so far as proving self defense. The prosecution is highly invested is discrediting his testimony. So invested in fact that they BOUGHT A BLACK DUMMY

I think this witness is a biggie for the defense in so far as proving self defense. The prosecution is highly invested is discrediting his testimony. So invested in fact that they BOUGHT A BLACK DUMMY

They made a mistake putting the black dummy on the bottom.

Hat tip to pioneerpete in the "official" thread. :)

If you're ever called to be a juror, note that those large periods where you're sitting in the jury room is when you're missing all the good stuff.

I am not going to say a word about what happens at sidebar, much less what we do in chambers... I would get disbarred if I told.

You don't hear nurses talking about what they say in shift report or anyone on a psych treatment team telling what they talk about. Of course, knowing as I do, and did even before I went to law school, that there are instances that hearsay can come in, there are some things I hear a LOT of nurses say that I NEVER say under any circumstances because taken out of context those things can get you crucified. When I was teaching I always cautioned my students to keep their jokes and opinions to themselves.

Sad that we live in a world where some people are willing to crucify others for making silly comments.

Can you imagine if George said...."Shoot, they always get away".

By golly! they always get away

No.

"My good gosh, these cherubic little angels always get away."

I just don't think making pejorative comments about teens makes you any more depraved than the next person. There was a time when teenagers were of great value for the amount of work they could provide on the family farm. Now, teens have absolutely no use in American society whatsoever. A lot of them do get in trouble. A lot of people do wrongly judge them. For those reasons, I kept my right under my thumb until they went away to college where the amount of college level work and other work to earn spending money did the job for me. Parents who don't know these things are stupid. You got teens? Here's a flash. Nobody likes them! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back