The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
h9EAC14FF

Santy - I usually don't do wftv I do click Orlando - the woman on there from wftv is bias posting on the chat like freaking crazy, like here's my opinion post. On the click @ Tony just reports what's going on in the courtroom sans opinion. This is weird on this chat feed.

Did anyone see how Judge Nelson tried to coax Zimmerman into testifying?

The Judge was explaining his rights and every case I have ever seen they do the same thing if they do not testify.
I wanted to see him testify.

Can you explain in verbatim the benefits (other than for want of knowing on your end) of the accused testifying before the jury, despite the fact his depositions and interviews have been played multiple times before the jury in court?

If his defense stands up to cross examination then not guilty slam dunk.
I do not fault the defense for not putting him up.
This is not about ME but the jury. It may hurt him as there may be jurors that need to hear his side of this subject to cross.
I believe he does not need to testify but have spoken with many jurors that wanted to hear the defendant say his side live.

FL--Self defense--'Anywhere you legally have a right to be...'

GA: For anyone who cares---

You can use deadly force, with no duty to retreat, in self-defense or the defense of others, when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to yourself. Deadly force is also allowed when you believe it's necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony or criminal interference with property or to terminate or prevent trespass.

In your home when the entry is made in a violent manner and you believe the entry is for assault or personal violence. You can also use deadly force to protect property legally in your possession, the possession of your family, or a property you have a legal duty to protect.

That sounds like --Think long and hard in GA, which may partially explain my reticence.

It doesn't sound like FL plans to change its law. The HLN panel believes that it should and infers that steps will be taken.

crickets.

Do you know what would really derail the state's chain of thought?

If, after this witness, George addresses his defense team loudly saying "I would like to thank you assholes for the job you're doing. You fucking punks are doing a top notch job."

Let's see them find spite, hate or malice in that. :lol:

You can use deadly force, with no duty to retreat, in self-defense or the defense of others, when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to yourself. Deadly force is also allowed when you believe it's necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony or criminal interference with property or to terminate or prevent trespass.

In your home when the entry is made in a violent manner and you believe the entry is for assault or personal violence. You can also use deadly force to protect property legally in your possession, the possession of your family, or a property you have a legal duty to protect.

That sounds like --Think long and hard in GA, which may partially explain my reticence.

It doesn't sound like FL plans to change its law. The HLN panel believes that it should and infers that steps will be taken.

crickets.

it's a tough call----there are a million variables that could effect the situation. Would you like a law that says that you must call the police and have them protect yourself and your belongings ?

crickets.

I'll address the FL gun thing - pRick Scott isn't changing the law and pissing off his base.

What you may be referring to is the "token" gun loophole he just signed prohibiting some people with mental illness from buying guns - this was SUPPORTED by nra. People didn't read it or as usual blew stuff out of proportion. He did that Stand Your Ground task for last year.... crickets.

Gov. Rick Scott signs bill to close loophole in firearm sales to mentally ill | Tampa Bay Times

No worries, I've got both eyes on the gun thang ;-)

Edited to add HLN doesn't know what it's talking about lol

Last edited:
Dee Dee testified there could have been 200 texts that day. There were more than just her and Trayvon, several of them had been chatting all day. The judge said there isn't any name attached to the texts indicating who wrote which text. As an example, she said it could have been some other kid in the house using his phone.

The phone company records give time & location each text was sent. That can be used to insure the phone was with TM & not at another location with someone else. If multiple people were around TM at the time, put them on the stand to testify as to who sent those text.

So the judge and jury have to figure all that out for the Defense team? They just weren't ready. Too busy with all of their depositions at night, etc..

Now, I was up very late working and I just can't get pulled into this today. Go ahead and post your own opinion and don't worry about what I think about it.

pukingsmiley.gif

Now the black welfare queen thinks we need her permission to have an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back