The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to say a word about what happens at sidebar, much less what we do in chambers... I would get disbarred if I told.

You don't hear nurses talking about what they say in shift report or anyone on a psych treatment team telling what they talk about. Of course, knowing as I do, and did even before I went to law school, that there are instances that hearsay can come in, there are some things I hear a LOT of nurses say that I NEVER say under any circumstances because taken out of context those things can get you crucified. When I was teaching I always cautioned my students to keep their jokes and opinions to themselves.

Sad that we live in a world where some people are willing to crucify others for making silly comments.

I need the Star Trek WUT? sign:

I am not going to say a word about what happens at sidebar, much less what we do in chambers... I would get disbarred if I told.

You don't hear nurses talking about what they say in shift report or anyone on a psych treatment team telling what they talk about. Of course, knowing as I do, and did even before I went to law school, that there are instances that hearsay can come in, there are some things I hear a LOT of nurses say that I NEVER say under any circumstances because taken out of context those things can get you crucified. When I was teaching I always cautioned my students to keep their jokes and opinions to themselves.

Sad that we live in a world where some people are willing to crucify others for making silly comments.

Tell that to the PC crowd

I need the Star Trek WUT? sign:

Ask, and ye shall receive...

GJ7FNXSTNIQWS4PXNATEEQR43HVWTB4W.jpeg

Just tuning in...is there a reason the Prosecution's questioning is so pointed and combative? I haven't seen them use such a tone before.

I think this witness is a biggie for the defense in so far as proving self defense. The prosecution is highly invested is discrediting his testimony. So invested in fact that they BOUGHT A BLACK DUMMY

They made a mistake putting the black dummy on the bottom.

Hat tip to pioneerpete in the "official" thread. :)

Very well could have been done intentionally

Witness Root says if I'm TM beating the crap out of GZ and I feel the gun I go for it. Tough when every witness blows your cross up in your face.

Just tuning in...is there a reason the Prosecution's questioning is so pointed and combative? I haven't seen them use such a tone before.

That is because THESE are DEFENSE witnesses. All you liberals were ALL bent out of shape over the defense being oh so hard on poor li'l DD on cross. Now it's the prosecution's time to do cross. It goes both ways.

Root (when asked if Zimmerman may have had other options other than deadly force): "Based on his prior training, there wasn't anything else he (Zimmerman) could do to avoid shooting Martin" (paraphrased)

FL--Self defense--'Anywhere you legally have a right to be...'

GA: For anyone who cares---

You can use deadly force, with no duty to retreat, in self-defense or the defense of others, when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to yourself. Deadly force is also allowed when you believe it's necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony or criminal interference with property or to terminate or prevent trespass.

In your home when the entry is made in a violent manner and you believe the entry is for assault or personal violence. You can also use deadly force to protect property legally in your possession, the possession of your family, or a property you have a legal duty to protect.

That sounds like --Think long and hard in GA, which may partially explain my reticence.

It doesn't sound like FL plans to change its law. The HLN panel believes that it should and infers that steps will be taken.

crickets.

Georgia and Florida have essentially identical views on self-defense.

Georgia's self-defense statute can be found here: Georgia Code - Crimes and Offenses - Title 16, Section 16-3-21 - Georgia Attorney Resources - Georgia Laws

Florida uses two separate sections to flesh out self-defense; see:
(1) Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
(2) Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Here is an article discussing Georgia's stance on self-defense: ?Stand your ground law' in effect in Georgia more than 100 years | www.ajc.com

Here is a comparative table of the two States' self-defense laws: Expanded self-defense laws

West screwed up, the State Attorney was starting to aask about St Skittles' background. Should have let him open the door

This witness is calling Mr. Guy's bluff each and every time!

Yeah. This may be as poor of a questioning of a witness that I've seen in this case. Mr. Guy is getting told basically that the state's theories don't hold up with witness testimony and physical evidence at every turn.

OMG

WAIT! I have a concealed permit!

He told them where it was off the bat and raised his hands.

Reaching reaching reaching reaching reaching

From the first time I saw Mark Osterman on the stand, I didn't believe him. I think he was embellishing to benefit his book sales.

Now look at how much trouble he's caused for GZ - the P keeps referring to this Osterman version as an example of a big change of story.

Did Zimmerman ever tell anyone else besides Osterman that TM touched the gun? I can't think of anyone.

In GZ's reenactment video with the investigator on the scene the next day he is on video saying TM went for the gun, GZ suddenly became a stronger better fighter than TM, pinned TM's hand under his arm pulled and fired the gun with the same arm while he was holding GZ's hand and arm from getting the gun. Sounds impossible or at least improbable. This is the BS I wanted to see "animated" or at least reenacted with someone on top of someone else in the mounted mma position. I just don't see how this would be possible. TM would have been trying to grab the gun with his right arm. Where is TM's left arm? How could GZ pin TM's right hand and arm with his right armpit while pulling a gun and shooting TM? I just don't get it.

Go to 10min in:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakGZgJxTi4]George Zimmerman Re-enactment (Full Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back