The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A jury charge for lesser included offenses is not unusual, she could allow them to consider manslaughter but also varying degrees of assault. She also will instruct that these charges can only be considered if the jury fails to believe the claim of self defense.

Since when do Judges set charges? That is the job of the Prosecution.

The lesser charges where not there at the beginning of the trial. If they had been it may have changed the way the Defense Lawyer handled the case.

It seems very wrong to me that a Prosecutor can add charges at the end of the trial, expecting to a conviction on them when those charges were never defended against during the trial itself.

The fact that the state charged Zimmerman only with Second Degree murder does not mean that he cannot be found guilty of a lesser included offense. Here is a link which explains it all:

Zimmerman and Lesser Included Offenses - Jennifer Ellis, JD

Good grief, thank you for an intelligent, informative post. I'm tired of hearing what a bunch of racists "think" should be done or "think" shouldn't be done. Nice to hear the facts for a change.

I also find it amusing to hear all the racists supporting the hispanic dude, giving him nicknames, rallying around him. LOL I guess he's the lesser of the two evils. LOL

Except he wasnt stalking Trayvon. There is a reason stalking wasn't charged. There is absolutely zero evidence to support a stalking charge.

Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

Stalking is following and going to a place or location the person is, and coming into close proximity to where they are in that location. It becomes a crime only if you don't stop.

There isn't a better word or way to describe it. He wasn't stalking. He was survielling.

This is VERBATIM from the original transcipt/call between Zimmerman and the 911 dispatcher...

• Dispatcher: Are you following him?
  • Zimmrman: Yeah
  • Dispatcher: OK, we don't need you to do that.
Read it and weep: Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

Stop lying batch!

BTW, we were told the jury was 6 white women.

There is one that they described today that is Black/Hispanic. I seriously believe she will try to push everyone else into voting for a conviction. I will be surprised if she doesn't.

Last edited:
I'm just going to tell you that that juror B29 isn't convicting GZ of anything. Hispanic nurse from Chicago. Just moved to the area less than 6 months before jury selection. Alzheimer's nurse. Seen plenty of black "children" killed and killing in Chicago. Very likely she believes GZ was acting in self defense. Already reported today that she wasn't making eye contact with BDLR today, and has been the lone one of the six women who takes very little notes.

the link does not say black people

lie much?
WTF said anything about black people?!?!

The matter was that Zimmerman made almost 50 calls to 911 previously.

That's it. Plain and simple.

But how many of them implicated black people? Around 10 or 12. Is there any evidence that any of these "50" calls suggested he was racist, or he was profiling anyone? No.

That's it, plain and simple.

You just don't get it. Based on what little I have seen of your performance here, negging for inconsequential reasons and reporting people, do you have over 500 such calls to 911 IRL?

So black thugs like trayvon can look at houses and if you dare to ask them a question=you can get beat up. You can get beat up and you can't do shit about it as you don't have a right to self defense.

LOL! You leftist bastards are sick. I can't wait until you're the ones being beat up and can't defend your worthless ass.

He can't walk down the street without looking at houses? Is he supposed to walk down the street with tunnel vision? What was he supposed to do, show gz "his papers"? Neighborhood watch people don't equal law enforcement officers.

No, you are the sick one and people who have your mindset are the sick ones as well. I'm sure that we won't be the wannabe jerk offs following and confronting some guy walking down the street minding his own business.

The Prosecution has admitted that they didn't prove their overcharged allegations that Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder, so they are now asking the Judge to include lesser charges in an attempt to get any kind of conviction to appease the Black population and prevent riots.

I have never heard of this happening before. It must have... but I have never heard of it. Usually the Prosecutors will string together groups of charges knowing that each one increases their chances of a conviction if they fail on their primary charge.

All I can say is I hope that the Judge refuses to do it, or if she does, it is tossed on appeals. It's not the Judge's job to help the Prosecutors to get a conviction which is what will look like if she agrees to this.

Judge considers lesser charges for Zimmerman | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

SANFORD, Fla. - State prosecutors are asking the judge in the Trayvon Martin murder case to instruct the jury to consider lesser charges - manslaughter and aggravated assault - when they begin deliberations.

Zimmerman's attorney have objected. Nelson will hold a hearing Thursday morning to determine whether the jury should consider those charges, in addition to the second-degree murder charge that prosecutors sought when the trial began.

The last-minute maneuvering by prosecutors has been seen by some legal experts as an indication that they are not as confident about their chances for a second-degree murder conviction. The jury is expected to start deliberating on Friday.

A "Lesser Included Offense" is an offense whose defining criteria are wholly included in the offense the defendant has been charged with. For the sake of simplicity, as well as for the sake of avoiding a Double Jeopardy situation as prohibited in the 5th Amendment, when you're charged with an offense, you are also being charged with the lesser included offenses. As a result, the prosecution can't try you for them over and over until they get the result they want, but the jury CAN find you guilty of one of the lesser included offenses even if they don't find you guilty of the main charge in its entirety.

facts suck

Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

Stalking is following and going to a place or location the person is, and coming into close proximity to where they are in that location. It becomes a crime only if you don't stop.

There isn't a better word or way to describe it. He wasn't stalking. He was survielling.

This is VERBATIM from the original transcipt/call between Zimmerman and the 911 dispatcher...

Stop lying batch!

that does not equal stalking

nice try

They can try to appeal. I think the Judicial system has had enough of Mr. Zimmerman, though.

He has rights.

Funny, you want to shitcan this guy because he's 'not the right type' yet you'll support a total scumbag to the ends of the Earth.

I want to shitcan this guy because he killed a kid. Also because it will prevent riots and serve as a warning to the next gun-toting asshole who thinks he's The Punisher that there'll be consequences for bad judgement.

Oh, please point out which "total scumbag" I've supported to the ends of the Earth.

Thanks.

Obama.

If Obama and friends had stayed out of it this never would have gone to trial. Instead they instigated the hatred that surrounds this travesty. They told the Sheriff to arrest Zimmerman and he said he had not probable cause. So they fired him.

You have to judge this case in a vacuum. It doesn't matter what the mob wants. If they want a lynching they can go fuck themselves. This isn't "To Kill A Mockingbird". These people don't have the right to a hanging.

Last edited:
I'm just going to tell you that that juror B29 isn't convicting GZ of anything. Hispanic nurse from Chicago. Just moved to the area less than 6 months before jury selection. Alzheimer's nurse. Seen plenty of black "children" killed and killing in Chicago. Very likely she believes GZ was acting in self defense. Already reported today that she wasn't making eye contact with BDLR today, and has been the lone one of the six women who takes very little notes.

So all it takes is one juror to set GZ free?

Stop lying batch!

following isn't stalking
you lose.

Last edited:
Bold prediction...

Zimmerman will be acquitted of all charges. No sooner will court adjourn than Eric Holder will take the podium at the DOJ and announce charges of civil rights violations on Zimmerman. It will be a federal case on different charges and won't constitute double jeopardy.

I guess it's actually not all that bold since it was exactly what was done to the four officers in the Rodney King case. After being found innocent, they were tried in federal court and went to prison.

Stop lying batch!

that does not equal stalking

nice try

Whats a batch?

During closing arguments of Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial in the February, 26, 2012, shooting death of the 17-year-old Florida teen, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda repeatedly played -- and picked apart -- what the defendant had said in interviews with police and media about that night.

Prosecution uses Zimmerman's own words against him - CNN.com

WTF? They chose a jury that was supposedly untainted by the media, then allowed the prosecution to read media accounts to them.

Bold prediction...

Zimmerman will be acquitted of all charges. No sooner will court adjourn than Eric Holder will take the podium at the DOJ and announce charges of civil rights violations on Zimmerman. It will be a federal case on different charges and won't constitute double jeopardy.

I guess it's actually not all that bold since it was exactly what was done to the four officers in the Rodney King case. After being found innocent, they were tried in federal court and went to prison.

Interesting.

Moving the goalposts again?

Since Zimmerman was walking away from Martin he was, obviously, not in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury.
I didn't move the goalposts, I answered your question. There is no evidence Zimmerman was walking away from Martin.

If you are claiming that Martin was standing his ground you have to start by proving that Zimmerman attacked Martin. Can you do that?
He followed him with a gun. That is all that matters.

The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason.

Judge may add charges in attempt to convict Zimmerman.

She tried to get him to take the stand against the advise of counsel.

But do you blame her?

If she impresses the right people she may get nominated to the federal bench.

.:evil:

This is her last criminal case she's civil.

And you are more than likely right except I don't think it's Fed it's state. The feds closed the investigation and ran like hell.

However. She had a reversal by appelliate on this case early on and she is getting some very bad publicity so the political plans may back fire. In more ways than one and on more "politicians" juggling for this stepping stone trial than just this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back