The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
During closing arguments of Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial in the February, 26, 2012, shooting death of the 17-year-old Florida teen, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda repeatedly played -- and picked apart -- what the defendant had said in interviews with police and media about that night.

Prosecution uses Zimmerman's own words against him - CNN.com

WTF? They chose a jury that was supposedly untainted by the media, then allowed the prosecution to read media accounts to them.

De la Rionda played in court excerpts of interviews Zimmerman had given to police and in the media, then picked them apart.

How do you get "the prosecution read media accounts to the jurors" out of that.

The jury got to hear Zimmerman's OWN WORDS. WTF is wrong with that? Seems relevant to me.

New thread someone: political and race agenda catalyst and affect on a local state matter.

I'm not making threads for awhile but I'll spill my guts in one like that.

I agree BUT this was a manslaughter case and not a murder case to begin with.
Yes, Florida is a right wing kook state. Since there was a gun involved the Republican Legislature passed a mandatory 10 year sentence on this if he is convicted.
Just another example of the police state we live in these days. Amazing the foolish liberals here want to roast Zimmerman as most times it is the state and their vast resources prosecuting petty drug offenses and sending people with health problems to prison for mandatory 10 year drug sentences for a handful of crack cocaine.
At one time in the Federal system you would get less time if you robbed a bank and pistol whipped the teller than if you had over a certain amount of crack cocaine.
People need to wake up as we have doubled the prison population since 2005 and most of them are petty dope cases with mandatory sentences. In Georgia it is 25 years mandatory sentence if you flash your penis at a minor as that is child molestation under the law here . There have been many arrests on college campuses of students and adults tailgating before football games and guys are taking a whiz behind the bushes. "Daddy, I saw that man's penis". I know of one plea of 25 to do 2 on those cases and the others have been plea bargained down to disorderly conduct or something else but the LAW REMAINS.
Same as Florida laws. Blame the Republican Legislatures for their draconian laws.

True.

The rest of your post, not so much.

Needlessly pursuing Martin when instructed by the police not to do so, causing the death of another because of this irresponsible behavior, clearly conforms with the definition of manslaughter.

Needlessly arresting a man with little to no evidentiary backing clearly conforms to the lack of a case against the defendant, your made up definitions of manslaughter withstanding.

Paralegal wannabe word salad.

During closing arguments of Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial in the February, 26, 2012, shooting death of the 17-year-old Florida teen, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda repeatedly played -- and picked apart -- what the defendant had said in interviews with police and media about that night.

WTF? They chose a jury that was supposedly untainted by the media, then allowed the prosecution to read media accounts to them.

De la Rionda played in court excerpts of interviews Zimmerman had given to police and in the media, then picked them apart.

The jury got to hear Zimmerman's OWN WORDS. WTF is wrong with that? Seems relevant to me.

Nothing is wrong with it and it’s perfectly relevant.

Unless, of course, you’re a partisan conservative to whom Zimmerman is a ‘hero.’

Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

Stalking is following and going to a place or location the person is, and coming into close proximity to where they are in that location. It becomes a crime only if you don't stop.

There isn't a better word or way to describe it. He wasn't stalking. He was survielling.

This is VERBATIM from the original transcipt/call between Zimmerman and the 911 dispatcher...

• Dispatcher: Are you following him?
  • Zimmrman: Yeah
  • Dispatcher: OK, we don't need you to do that.

Stop lying batch!

So? Even if he followed him and confronted him, he committed no crime. But that is not what Zimmerman's version of events is and his version has been supported by the evidence throughout.

nothing wrong with it. Well other than the insane screaming. Mostly it proves that the state has zero evidence of their own.

Best I see the state getting is hung jury on Manslaughter. That's if all the stars align.

They do that then they can retry the manslaughter charge.

Im hoping for a full acquital. This trial has been a farce. The prosecutor should be disbarred for his unethical performance and the judge should be ashamed of herself.

If the law is on your side, argue the law

If the facts are on your side, argue the facts

If neither the facts or the law are on your side, yell asshole and f#$@ing punks inumerable times, pound the table and even skiip around the courtroom so as to dazzle and befuddle the jury.

Mark Twain for the 21st century.

Earlier there was a discussion about people you would like to meet/with whom you would like to have a discussion.

He would be on my list.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Madeleine L'Engle. There are others--I hope I can one day recall.

I don't know what Poutine is, so I looked it up and have to say, I vomited in my mouth a little. I think it was the "Cheese Curd" thing.

Anyway, there's a resturant in the Cincinnati area if you have a hankering.

Pleasant Ridge Chili - Pleasant Ridge - Cincinnati, OH

What the hell is wrong with people. Cincinnati is known for its chili, but not Fries, cheese and gravy. This is just wrong.

:lol:

It sounds gross. Tastes great.

called it.

Kinda shocked they are not charging him for wearing a disguise in public. After all, he was walking while white.

Having done some research, it is "normal", in Florida, for a prosecutor to be able to pile on lesser charges at the end of the trial. Judges normally approve it

I didn't know that.

IMHO, that is wrong. The Prosecution should have to prove what they charge, not charge what they hope they proved.

Clearly you didn’t do enough research:

In Florida, manslaughter is automatically included as a lesser charge in a second-degree murder case, unless the prosecution asks that it be omitted, and it did not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/u...-manslaughter-charge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Consequently, nothing is being ‘piled on,’ and the prosecution has done nothing ‘wrong.’

The felony 3 "child abuse" charge was grasping at straws, a low blow, they showed up with case law and a bullshit charge - no evidence, no testimony to support, no nothing of that during trial. I cannot believe the judge even considered it for a second.

Low, sleazy blow which is all the state has. The state got left holding the bag on the US Justice, the FBI, POTUS, Eric, Al, Spike, Jesse and keeping Sanford from burning down so their dog and pony show has been just that and the charges were a perfect example of it.

Reverse your shoe for a second and imagine that kind of political power coming down on you to burn you at the stake.

I'm just going to tell you that that juror B29 isn't convicting GZ of anything. Hispanic nurse from Chicago. Just moved to the area less than 6 months before jury selection. Alzheimer's nurse. Seen plenty of black "children" killed and killing in Chicago. Very likely she believes GZ was acting in self defense. Already reported today that she wasn't making eye contact with BDLR today, and has been the lone one of the six women who takes very little notes.

So all it takes is one juror to set GZ free?

No. The jury decision has to be unanimous. If it's a hung jury, they can retry him.

Bold prediction...

Zimmerman will be acquitted of all charges. No sooner will court adjourn than Eric Holder will take the podium at the DOJ and announce charges of civil rights violations on Zimmerman. It will be a federal case on different charges and won't constitute double jeopardy.

I think that if that happens a ton of White people will wake up to what is going on with "our" government. It will become an issue of revenge instead of justice

No sir, you do not.

You must first consider the race of the perpetrator. If he belongs to a race which has special privileges then roll over play dead and beg for your life.

Secondly, you must call the governor's office , describe the situation and ask if you have a right to defend yourself at this point in time.

Thirdly, call 911, and ask if the po po can get there in less than 4 minutes.

That's it in a nutshell.

It's sad that there's a lot of truth in the above.
:(

Then truth = ignorance.

Zimmerman's actions were what is called overkill. No pun intended.
You have no way to objectively prove this statement.

Stalking is following and going to a place or location the person is, and coming into close proximity to where they are in that location. It becomes a crime only if you don't stop.

There isn't a better word or way to describe it. He wasn't stalking. He was survielling.

This is VERBATIM from the original transcipt/call between Zimmerman and the 911 dispatcher...

• Dispatcher: Are you following him?
  • Zimmrman: Yeah
  • Dispatcher: OK, we don't need you to do that.

Stop lying batch!

So? Even if he followed him and confronted him, he committed no crime. But that is not what Zimmerman's version of events is and his version has been supported by the evidence throughout.

According to bleeding heart liberals following a person makes them scared and then they have every right to beat the shit out of you. How sane is that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back