Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

So you want the Government to intervene and strip out the profits of an industry so that you can sell your worthless paintings?
I didnt say "strip out", you did. As for my paintings, the envy is bursting out of every inch of you. I would guess you are just as envious of my extensive musical abilities, playing various instruments, and my teaching business.

Not a problem. All you need do is get up off that couch, buy some musical instruments, and some art materials, and get to WORK. :biggrin:

And what I "want" is the AMERICAN PEOPLE to intervene in a "government of the people" to stop rogue landlords (who you should be more concerned about than the govt) from destroying millions of peoples' lives and the US economy. Got it ?

All residential properties should be converted to Condos.

Renters should gain equity in their apartments with every monthly payment.

You are lost. Yes, that is exactly how for-profit business works.
As I said > unless you are a worthless trashbag who dumps his problems on others.
IOW, it is a WRONG way of doing things. In general, in life, if you have problems (ex. cost increases) YOU deal wth them, not hand them over to others, like some spoiled brat landlords are doing right now.

This is the free market at work. Democrats coming from high rent areas moved to FL. They have driven up the costs of rents and real estate. Existing home owners are selling their homes for huge profits because the market will bear it. My state has the same issue. Real estate AND rents have gone up tremendously in the last 4 years due to an influx of people moving from very high cost of living blue states to my state. Would it be greedy of me to sell my rental properties now before rent control policies take over so I can get top dollar for them or would that just be a smart business move?
Perfect example of why THE PEOPLE need to step in and stop the lunatics from wrecking the whole country. I have less and less regard for the "free market" with every passing day,

Should entrepreneurs be "free" to sell anything, at any cost, in any way ? Ford Pintos ? Vioxx ? The cheap construction materials that cause buildings to collapse ? Books advocating LGBT craziness ?...etc. etc,

Don't you realize that if you take your profits he wont be able to sell his paintings? WTF is wrong with you?
Don't you realize ?....that if you gouge renters with ludicrously high rents, (and mortgages too expensive too), that tens of Millions of business owners won't be able to sell their TV sets, laptops, cell phones, furniture, cars, bicycles, boats, sporting goods, musical instruments, air purifiers, home improvement supplies, plants, books, pet supplies, jewelry, cooking equipment, refrigerators. stoves, microwaves, lawnmowers, housewares. blankets, clocks, and yeah paintings, etc. etc

Don't you realize ?....that if you gouge renters with ludicrously high rents, (and mortgages too expensive too), that tens of Millions of business owners won't be able to sell their TV sets, laptops, cell phones, furniture, cars, bicycles, boats, sporting goods, musical instruments, air purifiers, home improvement supplies, plants, books, pet supplies, jewelry, cooking equipment, refrigerators. stoves, microwaves, lawnmowers, housewares. blankets, clocks, and yeah paintings, etc. et

I not sure how we can make this any clearer. It's not the Government's job. If those things aren't purchased, oh well. Why do you think that people who own property should be forced to take less money so that the person selling TV's can make more? Or sporting goods or musical instruments? Or any other commodity. The market will do a better job leveling this out faster if only people like you would just get the fuck out of it's way. If you cant afford rent you have many choices. Get a roommate. Move in with family. Move to a place that has lower cost of living. Get 2 roommates . Get 3 roommates. At some point (pretty quickly) when those that own these places arent renting them they will lower the rent because empty rentals dont make any money, and people will be able to decide whether that price is low enough or not and the market will continue to adjust.

I didnt say "strip out", you did. As for my paintings, the envy is bursting out of every inch of you. I would guess you are just as envious of my extensive musical abilities, playing various instruments, and my teaching business.
yeah I envy the guy that needs the Government to come and cap rents so he's not homeless next week.

Not a problem. All you need do is get up off that couch, buy some musical instruments, and some art materials, and get to WORK. :biggrin:
I dont want to play an instrument or I would. I can't think of many other more pointless endeavors. What I 100% wouldn't do is ask the Government to force you to cap what someone was willing to pay you for your ability to paint or play an instrument.
And what I "want" is the AMERICAN PEOPLE to intervene in a "government of the people" to stop rogue landlords (who you should be more concerned about than the govt) from destroying millions of peoples' lives and the US economy. Got it ?

Amend the Constitution then dum dum.

Forum List

Back