The One Question No One So Far Can Answer

If you read the scenario again you'll see that the Trump associate intercepted nothing and disclosed nothing, that was done by the other guy.

Hence the conspiracy violation 18 USC 371. Where all conspirators are guilty of the crimes performed by any one of them.

each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

Conspiracy requires knowledge and complicity before the fact, most of the hacking was done before Trump secured the nomination.

The government wasn't defrauded. But that's only HALF of the offense. Read it again.

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States,

That offense would be 18 USC 2511
No one committed an offense against America, maybe Hillary feels violated but the country is doing just fine thanks.

So what part of the federal government was defrauded?

The government wasn't defrauded. But that's only HALF of the offense. Read it again.

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States,

That offense would be 18 USC 2511

To fall under that section the conspiracy would have to be directed at the government. That's not the case here.

If you’re trying to keep the thread focused on legality; why does one of the President’s top advisors keep tabs on Guccifer 2.0 (a Russian Hacker)? How does one of the President’s Men (to introduce the Nixonian parlance because that seems to be where we’re going) know six months ahead of the fact that John Podesta is going to be hacked?

Hacking a computer is illegal

Podesta wasn't hacked, he fell for a phishing scam and provided his password.

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, had his email hacked by Russian operatives, security researchers confirmed Thursday.

Podesta's Gmail account was hacked using a fake login page with a URL associated with the hacker persona Fancy Bear, which has been tied to Russian interests. The connection was first reported by Motherboard. Politico reported it had also confirmed with a cybersecurity firm the connection between Podesta's hacked account and Fancy Bear.

U.S. intelligence officials have said Fancy Bear was behind the months-long effort to hack the Democratic National Committee and other Democratic groups. Clinton charged in Wednesday's debate that Russia was hacking Democrats exclusively in a bid to help sway the election.

Fancy Bear was also behind the hack of former Secretary of State Colin Powell's email.

Podesta's email was hacked using what's known as a spear-phishing technique. Podesta was sent a fake bit.ly link that redirected him to a site built to look exactly like his usual Gmail login, but that instead enabled the hackers to get his password and recode his email to allow them access.

The same bit.ly URL was used in all the hacking attempts of the the DNC, Powell and other Democrats.

John Podesta Wasn't 'Hacked,' He Fell For An Email Phishing Scam
Hacking is a crime, idiot.

Which Trump campaign member is guilty of hacking?

I would ask, which Trump campaign member did anything illegal?
Several candidates being investigated....do Foxbots and dupes understand that FBI investigations don't follow the BS GOP propaganda machine's ADHD schedule? Unless it's Comey on Hilary, that is?

True, there are investigations, only to satisfy the butthurt left, not because there is really something. When current investigation ends, they will demand new one and they'll probably get it. After that, they'll insist on special prosecutor and probably will get it. When none of investigations give results they can be satisfied with, they'll still demand something... impeachment... REEEEE.

Again, name any Trump campaign member that did anything illegal.

Aren't those sanctions still in place?

Yea obviously he wouldn't lift them right now...
But you never know with Trump :spinner:

Yet you insinuated you do, go figure.

What I know is Putin wanted a buddy in the WH. And if this Russia story never got out the sanctions would probably already be lifted. Trump was grooming American for a Russian alliance all campaign saying "Putin can help us fight Isis Putin can help us fight Isis"

Ever thought Putin just might of hated the bitch and thought like I did that anyone would be better? And if my memory serves even you dear leader in his first presidential bid made some somewhat positive comments about our adversaries, including Russia and Iran in an attempt to build goodwill. I guess you only see it as bad when Trump does it.

Uhhhhh... no I'm going to go with the $$$
Also I don't care why Donnie did it, he colluded against this country with a foreign power. The GOP needs to wake up.

Yet Comey told Trump himself and two senators that he is not being investigated. How do you square that with what you're saying?

If you’re trying to keep the thread focused on legality; why does one of the President’s top advisors keep tabs on Guccifer 2.0 (a Russian Hacker)? How does one of the President’s Men (to introduce the Nixonian parlance because that seems to be where we’re going) know six months ahead of the fact that John Podesta is going to be hacked?

Hacking a computer is illegal

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, had his email hacked by Russian operatives, security researchers confirmed Thursday.

Podesta's Gmail account was hacked using a fake login page with a URL associated with the hacker persona Fancy Bear, which has been tied to Russian interests. The connection was first reported by Motherboard. Politico reported it had also confirmed with a cybersecurity firm the connection between Podesta's hacked account and Fancy Bear.

U.S. intelligence officials have said Fancy Bear was behind the months-long effort to hack the Democratic National Committee and other Democratic groups. Clinton charged in Wednesday's debate that Russia was hacking Democrats exclusively in a bid to help sway the election.

Fancy Bear was also behind the hack of former Secretary of State Colin Powell's email.

Podesta's email was hacked using what's known as a spear-phishing technique. Podesta was sent a fake bit.ly link that redirected him to a site built to look exactly like his usual Gmail login, but that instead enabled the hackers to get his password and recode his email to allow them access.

The same bit.ly URL was used in all the hacking attempts of the the DNC, Powell and other Democrats.

So if you’re swindled, it’s different than if you’re robbed?

View attachment 126165

Again, one of the President’s top advisor knew about Podesta being hacked well before his e-mails were released….

Illegal? Maybe not.
Unethical? Yes
Is this what you want from your President? Someone who uses hackers/phishers (LOL) to win? If you’re a Republican…sure. The ends always justify the means for them.

You made the claim that a Trump associate knew beforehand that Podesta would fall for a phishing scam. How could he possibly know what Podesta would do? So to answer your question, being swindled requires some form of willing participation of the victim.

Phishing is a crime as well.

I’m not sure it breaks any laws in the way you described in the OP.

However, what you're leaving out is whether or not the Russian representative broke the law to acquire the "really bad shit". If you're aware of US Laws being broken and do nothing about it and, in fact, seek to benefit from it...the electorate should be made aware that you have no respect for the law.

In this case, Roger Stone, a Trump Associate admits to interaction with Guccifer (the Russian hacker US intel concludes hacked Ms .Clinton's e-mails) and even tweeted that her campaign manager will "have his turn in the barrel" six weeks prior to the release of his hacked files. Why a man with the President's ear is chatting with a hacker is mind boggling in and of itself.... That the hacker/phisher is probably responsible for breaking the law and Mr. Stone and Mr. Trump did nothing about it…tells you all you need to know about how seriously they take our electoral process.

You seem to be going in circles here. You admit that no law were broken by the Trump representative.

I've already addressed you other issues, the news media uses stolen information all the time, are they also demonstrating a lack of respect for the law. In fact they printed the very same emails.

Also I provided a link to an AP story that stated some hacker that goes by the name Fancy Bear was responsible for the Podesta phishing, not Gufficer. But you're also ignoring the fact that both Wikileaks and Gufficer telegraphed upcoming releases. If you were involved in a campaign wouldn't you try to get an idea of what was coming? I guarantee there were people on the dem side and in the press doing exactly that.

Yeah, I re-posted the answer to your question; you said nobody answered it.

Bottom line; what happened (phishing or hacking) is a crime. Roger Stone, one of Trump's higher up advisors, was aware of the crime and knew what was coming. He didn't alert the DNC or Podesta or whomever that they were about to be targeted by hackers. Since the outcome benefitted your side...you're okay with it. Is that pretty much the case? Please try not to involved the Clintons, Obama, or anyone else in your answer for a change.

View attachment 126165

Again, one of the President’s top advisor knew about Podesta being hacked well before his e-mails were released….

Illegal? Maybe not.
Unethical? Yes
Is this what you want from your President? Someone who uses hackers/phishers (LOL) to win? If you’re a Republican…sure. The ends always justify the means for them.

You made the claim that a Trump associate knew beforehand that Podesta would fall for a phishing scam. How could he possibly know what Podesta would do? So to answer your question, being swindled requires some form of willing participation of the victim.

However, what you're leaving out is whether or not the Russian representative broke the law to acquire the "really bad shit". If you're aware of US Laws being broken and do nothing about it and, in fact, seek to benefit from it...the electorate should be made aware that you have no respect for the law.

In this case, Roger Stone, a Trump Associate admits to interaction with Guccifer (the Russian hacker US intel concludes hacked Ms .Clinton's e-mails) and even tweeted that her campaign manager will "have his turn in the barrel" six weeks prior to the release of his hacked files. Why a man with the President's ear is chatting with a hacker is mind boggling in and of itself.... That the hacker/phisher is probably responsible for breaking the law and Mr. Stone and Mr. Trump did nothing about it…tells you all you need to know about how seriously they take our electoral process.

You seem to be going in circles here. You admit that no law were broken by the Trump representative.

I've already addressed you other issues, the news media uses stolen information all the time, are they also demonstrating a lack of respect for the law. In fact they printed the very same emails.

Also I provided a link to an AP story that stated some hacker that goes by the name Fancy Bear was responsible for the Podesta phishing, not Gufficer. But you're also ignoring the fact that both Wikileaks and Gufficer telegraphed upcoming releases. If you were involved in a campaign wouldn't you try to get an idea of what was coming? I guarantee there were people on the dem side and in the press doing exactly that.

Bottom line; what happened (phishing or hacking) is a crime. Roger Stone, one of Trump's higher up advisors, was aware of the crime and knew what was coming. He didn't alert the DNC or Podesta or whomever that they were about to be targeted by hackers. Since the outcome benefitted your side...you're okay with it. Is that pretty much the case? Please try not to involved the Clintons, Obama, or anyone else in your answer for a change.

He had no duty to alert anyone.

View attachment 126165

Illegal? Maybe not.
Unethical? Yes

And that is how we "Make America Great Again"? be on the side of criminals if it benefits you?

And that is how we "Make America Great Again"? be on the side of criminals if it benefits you?

You've already admitted that no law were broken, isn't it a bit disingenuous to call someone a criminal when they broke no law?

Literally thousands of news organizations and web sites made billions on those hacks and you seem to only have a problem with the Trump campaign using them, I find that a bit curious.

Hacking is a crime, idiot.

Which Trump campaign member is guilty of hacking?

I would ask, which Trump campaign member did anything illegal?
Several candidates being investigated....do Foxbots and dupes understand that FBI investigations don't follow the BS GOP propaganda machine's ADHD schedule? Unless it's Comey on Hilary, that is?

True, there are investigations, only to satisfy the butthurt left, not because there is really something. When current investigation ends, they will demand new one and they'll probably get it. After that, they'll insist on special prosecutor and probably will get it. When none of investigations give results they can be satisfied with, they'll still demand something... impeachment... REEEEE.

Again, name any Trump campaign member that did anything illegal.
I left the classified info at the office. Dems don't do fake investigations, as we don't have a propaganda machine, dupe. This is the FBI, not one of your fake GOP congressional witch hunts, for GOP dupes ONLY.

I left the classified info at the office. Dems don't do fake investigations, as we don't have a propaganda machine, dupe. This is the FBI, not one of your fake GOP congressional witch hunts, for GOP dupes ONLY.

No propaganda machine, shitstain?

MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYT, WaPo, HuffPo, Hollywood... what do you call them?

You've already admitted that no law were broken, isn't it a bit disingenuous to call someone a criminal when they broke no law?

Literally thousands of news organizations and web sites made billions on those hacks and you seem to only have a problem with the Trump campaign using them, I find that a bit curious.

Dems don't do fake investigations, as we don't have a propaganda machine, dupe. This is the FBI, not one of your fake GOP congressional witch hunts, for GOP dupes ONLY. We admit no such thing. Try waiting for results, ADHD dupissimus.

No propaganda machine, shitstain?

MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYT, WaPo, HuffPo, Hollywood... what do you call them?
Journalists, and Hollywood- it's the real world, fake newser. There's media all around the world and then there's RW BS in the USA and a few Murdoch outlets. Fox, Rush,Heritage etc etc etc are all on the greedy idiot billionaires' payroll. How's the lock her up BS coming? 25 years of horseshytte...nothing except in dupeworld.

I've posed this hypothetical question to a couple of members and so far no one seems up to the task of providing an answer. So now I'm posing it the whole board.

Ok, here's a hypothetical scenario. Let's say a Trump associate spoke to a Russian representative. The Russian told him we have some really bad shit on the hildabitch and the representative said wow, it would sure help us if you released it on Tuesday and they did exactly that.

Tell me, what specific law would have been broken? Don't give me an opinion, quote the law.

Any takers?

In your scenario, probably no law is being broken. If they were complicit in spreading false Informstion to influence an election then they are probably flirting with treason. If they told the Russians not to react to sanctions because the new administration will be more forgiving then I'm guessing that's a violation... not sure which exact law it's breaking though. Perhaps treason as well. Undermining our government

You mean like ted kennedy....who went to the actual Soviet Union and told them he wanted to help them defeat Reagan...you mean like that?

I didn't. I said "be on the side of criminals" by not reporting their criminal activity.

And they did so on the Pentagon Papers as well. The Public Right to Know has historically been given higher importance than an organizational right to privacy.
Blaming a news paper or news site for reporting the news is, well, dumb. Siding with criminals because you're going to benefit from it is dishonest; perhaps not illegal but certainly not what Americans have historically come to expect from their elected officials.

You seem to have finally admitted that Roger Stone knew about the hacking/phishing or whatever.

Two Questions:

1. Do you think he told Trump of the criminal activity he knew about?
2. Does it tarnish your opinion of Trump that he didn't seem to mind the criminal activity?

Dems don't do fake investigations, as we don't have a propaganda machine, dupe. This is the FBI, not one of your fake GOP congressional witch hunts, for GOP dupes ONLY. We admit no such thing. Try waiting for results, ADHD dupissimus.

Maybe you should actually familiarize with the string you're commenting on before you make an ass of yourself. And when you say we, I have to assume you have a mouse in your pocket because several of your fellow regressives have admitted that in my scenario there were no laws broken.

Wow...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time....please...re post this post....I need to laugh again....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've posed this hypothetical question to a couple of members and so far no one seems up to the task of providing an answer. So now I'm posing it the whole board.

Ok, here's a hypothetical scenario. Let's say a Trump associate spoke to a Russian representative. The Russian told him we have some really bad shit on the hildabitch and the representative said wow, it would sure help us if you released it on Tuesday and they did exactly that.

Tell me, what specific law would have been broken? Don't give me an opinion, quote the law.

Any takers?

Interfering in our election is a violation of international law.

Any American who aids that interference is guilty of conspiracy.

Glad I could help. You're welcome.

I didn't. I said "be on the side of criminals" by not reporting their criminal activity.

And they did so on the Pentagon Papers as well. The Public Right to Know has historically been given higher importance than an organizational right to privacy.
Blaming a news paper or news site for reporting the news is, well, dumb. Siding with criminals because you're going to benefit from it is dishonest; perhaps not illegal but certainly not what Americans have historically come to expect from their elected officials.

You seem to have finally admitted that Roger Stone knew about the hacking/phishing or whatever.

Two Questions:

1. Do you think he told Trump of the criminal activity he knew about?
2. Does it tarnish your opinion of Trump that he didn't seem to mind the criminal activity?

1. Why would he need to tell Trump, emails were already in the media, and both Wikileaks and Gufficer were telegraphing there was more to come. Do you think Gufficer told Stone the content of the emails that were coming? I seriously doubt that he did, he wouldn't want Stone to give it away. The most he would have said is something on Podesta was coming. Damn now you've got me making assumptions.

2. Why would I think less of Trump, he had no control over the releases unless you think Clapper lied about no collusion and Comey lied, saying Trump wasn't a target in the investigation.

Any takers?

The Information was obtained by breaking the law by hacking the DNC servers...

To then use that to gain advantage is collusion with that crime.

Really, if the police bust a burglar and he has stolen material that implicates someone else in a crime and they use it to prosecute the third party, did they collude in the burglary? In this case the Russians already had the material all the representative did was coordinate the release to the public, they never took possession of it and offered nothing in return.

So what law was broken, quote the law.

If a burglar steals something, and then sells it to a fence who knows the items are stolen, the fence is guilty of receiving stolen goods.

Anyone who participates in colluding with the Russians is guilty of conspiracy and a party to the illegal hacking of the DNC.

You're welcome.

Next!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back