The Palestine Solution

Drawing up the framework of nationality, Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne stated:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in territory which in accordance with the provisions of the present Treaty is detached from Turkey will become ipso facto, in the conditions laid down by the local law, nationals of the State to which such territory is transferred.”​

--------------------------------
The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​
--------------------------------
Chapter 3: Citizenship, International Conventions and Financial Obligations
1. Citizenship Palestinian citizens residing in Palestine outside the City of Jerusalem, as well as Arabs and Jews who, not holding Palestinian citizenship, reside in Palestine outside the City of Jerusalem shall, upon the recognition of independence, become citizens of the State in which they are resident and enjoy full civil and political rights.

The Avalon Project : UN General Assembly Resolution 181

You can't use 181. It was never implemented. (Due to Arab rejection).

The other two I accept. They claim that Turkish subjects will become nationals of the State to which the territory is transferred, which would be the Mandate for Palestine which became Israel.

There is still no requirement, under customary law, for refugees to be required to be returned to their countries of origin, especially during times of continued political upheaval and conflict. It is merely one of three customary options. UNHRC even states it is the preferred option, but this does not make it incumbent upon States to accept the return of a staggeringly huge number of belligerent (or potentially belligerent) refugees. (And it certainly does not grant those refugees the right to self-determination. Imagine 6 million Jewish refugees returning to the surrounding Arab nations and demanding self-determination? And using the exact same arguments that those calling for Palestinian self-determination are doing.)

One could argue that the conflict in Israel is essentially a civil war,(as opposed to a war between nations) and thus the refugees would be returning to Israel, but under a peace treaty will be a new sovereign State seceding from Israel.

Either way, practicality rules the day with respect to customary law and refugees. What do you think of my solution to the refugee problem?
You can't use 181. It was never implemented. (Due to Arab rejection).​

I know that Resolution 181 flopped and has no meaning. I only referenced it to show that the rules of succession were mentioned there also.

Do you have any documents showing that Palestine was given exclusively to the Jews? Same for land given exclusively to the Arabs.

You're kidding, right? Have you read San Remo? Have you read the Mandate for Palestine? Look, I'm not going to go into it here as it is off-topic for this thread, and you know better. Bring it up on another thread or on the Mandate thread if you really want me to address it.

But, here on the solution thread, let me throw out one of the consequences of your presumed claim, which is that there should be more than one sovereign in the mandated territories arising from the Mandate itself:

Do you support multiple sovereign Jewish nations in the other Mandate territories? In other words, a return of those Jewish people and all of their millions of descendants expelled from the surrounding nations during and immediately after the Mandate period to their home countries in order for them to form sovereign governments and carve out sovereign nations in Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon? Do you believe there should be five Jewish States as well as five Arab States? Why or why not? And where, exactly, do you find provisions for this in the legal instruments of the Mandates?
Have you read San Remo?​
I have.
Have you read the Mandate for Palestine?​
I have.

You haven't proven your point.

It doesn't matter who's sovereign in territory's that are not Israel's.

Nothing sums up the Palestinian narrative better than this. It doesn't matter what is right, or who has rights, as long as Israel has none.

It doesn't matter what is fair, or practical, or workable, or reasonable or effective or ends the conflict. And that is why there is no peace.

And you haven't answered my question. The Mandate for Palestine grants the geographical area referred to as "Palestine" to the Jewish people for the purpose of re-constituting a national homeland based on historical claims to sovereignty in that territory from which they were ethnically cleansed and forcefully removed.

Your claim seems to be that the areas named in the Mandate should have multiple sovereignty and that the areas for these multiple sovereignty are delineated within the Mandate legal documents with borders and everything. Or do you think those administrating the Mandate intended this, but OOPS! forgot to mention it in any of the documents? But even if this is so in Palestine, why is it not so in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan?

If you have a document which provides for multiple sovereignty in the Mandate territories, just show it to me.

And you haven't answered my question. The Mandate for Palestine grants the geographical area referred to as "Palestine" to the Jewish people for the purpose of re-constituting a national homeland based on historical claims to sovereignty in that territory from which they were ethnically cleansed and forcefully removed.

Your claim seems to be that the areas named in the Mandate should have multiple sovereignty and that the areas for these multiple sovereignty are delineated within the Mandate legal documents with borders and everything. Or do you think those administrating the Mandate intended this, but OOPS! forgot to mention it in any of the documents? But even if this is so in Palestine, why is it not so in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan?

If you have a document which provides for multiple sovereignty in the Mandate territories, just show it to me.
You ducked my question first. That answer would answer your question.

The Mandate for Palestine clearly gives the geographical area named Palestine to the Jewish people. It says it gives it to the Jewish people. It gives reasons why it gives it to the Jewish people. It names no other people. It names no division of territory. It names no other sovereign. It says absolutely nothing about anyone other than the Jewish people. If you think that lack of mention warrants a second sovereign, you have some fast dancing to do. Did they just forget to mention that? OOPS!

The Council of the League of Nations:
Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have agreed, for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, to entrust to a Mandatory selected by the said Powers the administration of the territory of Palestine, which formerly belonged to the Turkish Empire, within such boundaries as may be fixed by them; and

Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country; and

Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country...

The preamble, stating the intent of the Mandate, assigns the trust to the Jewish people in recognition of their historical rights and notes that CIVIL and RELIGIOUS rights are to be guaranteed to the non-Jewish people, but no political rights. The rights and political status of the Jewish people are also noted in the Mandate.

Saying that the Mandate meant to include another sovereign, but OOPS! forgot to mention it is BS of the highest order. Seriously? Honestly, the use of silence in legal instruments to promote your cause is bordering on the ridiculous.

The Mandate for Palestine clearly gives the geographical area named Palestine to the Jewish people. It says it gives it to the Jewish people. It gives reasons why it gives it to the Jewish people. It names no other people. It names no division of territory. It names no other sovereign. It says absolutely nothing about anyone other than the Jewish people. If you think that lack of mention warrants a second sovereign, you have some fast dancing to do. Did they just forget to mention that? OOPS!

Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have agreed, for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, to entrust to a Mandatory selected by the said Powers the administration of the territory of Palestine, which formerly belonged to the Turkish Empire, within such boundaries as may be fixed by them; and

Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country; and

Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country...

The preamble, stating the intent of the Mandate, assigns the trust to the Jewish people in recognition of their historical rights and notes that CIVIL and RELIGIOUS rights are to be guaranteed to the non-Jewish people, but no political rights. The rights and political status of the Jewish people are also noted in the Mandate.

Saying that the Mandate meant to include another sovereign, but OOPS! forgot to mention it is BS of the highest order. Seriously? Honestly, the use of silence in legal instruments to promote your cause is bordering on the ridiculous.

Not true. Read it again.

Not true. Read it again.

Look, there is nothing in there about a second sovereign. If you want to have a conversation, do the work.
Nothing was given to the Jews. It was recognized that the Jews had the right to live in Palestine with the Palestinians. They would have Palestinian citizenship like the rest of the Palestinians.

So it is true that there would not be a second sovereign.

It says nothing of the sort. In fact, the Mandatory denied that it meant anything of the sort in the June 1922 declarations by the British government:

"Unauthorized statements have been made to the effect that the purpose in view is to create a wholly Jewish Palestine. Phrases have been used such as that Palestine is to become "as Jewish as England is English." His Majesty's Government regard any such expectation as impracticable and have no such aim in view. Nor have they at any time contemplated, as appears to be feared by the Arab delegation, the disappearance or the subordination of the Arabic population, language, or culture in Palestine.....
In this connection it has been observed with satisfaction that at a meeting of the Zionist Congress, the supreme governing body of the Zionist Organization, held at Carlsbad in September, 1921, a resolution was passed expressing as the official statement of Zionist aims "the determination of the Jewish people to live with the Arab people on terms of unity and mutual respect, and together with them to make the common home into a flourishing community, the upbuilding of which may assure to each of its peoples an undisturbed national development."

It is also necessary to point out that the Zionist Commission in Palestine, now termed the Palestine Zionist Executive, has not desired to possess, and does not possess, any share in the general administration of the country. Nor does the special position assigned to the Zionist Organization in Article IV of the Draft Mandate for Palestine imply any such functions. That special position relates to the measures to be taken in Palestine affecting the Jewish population, and contemplates that the organization may assist in the general development of the country, but does not entitle it to share in any degree in its government.

Further, it is contemplated that the status of all citizens of Palestine in the eyes of the law shall be Palestinian, and it has never been intended that they, or any section of them, should possess any other juridical status. So far as the Jewish population of Palestine are concerned it appears that some among them are apprehensive that His Majesty's Government may depart from the policy embodied in the Declaration of 1917. It is necessary, therefore, once more to affirm that these fears are unfounded, and that that Declaration, re affirmed by the Conference of the Principle Allied Powers at San Remo and again in the Treaty of Sevres, is not susceptible of change."

The Avalon Project : British White Paper of June 1922

The Mandate for Palestine specifically did not assign sovereignty to the Jews in Palestine as was explained in the June 1922 British White Paper. In fact, it could not without contravening the terms of the Covenant of the League of Nations which promised eventual statehood for the Christian and Muslim inhabitants of Palestine, who were at the time of signing, more than 95% of the population. To believe that the definition of "inhabitant" in the Covenant was limited to Jews and not 95% of the population is an absurdity.

Nothing sums up the Palestinian narrative better than this. It doesn't matter what is right, or who has rights, as long as Israel has none.
That's not what I said. Israel has rights in Israel. It doesn't have rights in the West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights, East Jerusalem, China, Germany, Argentina, etc.

You really need to dump that line of thinking; Israel is not the victim here. As long as the occupation continues, Israel is the aggressor. And an occupational force, cannot claim self defense.

It doesn't matter what is fair, or practical, or workable, or reasonable or effective or ends the conflict. And that is why there is no peace.
It's not workable or reasonable to treat an entire population like garbage for 50 years and think the problem is with "THEM".

You have to go all the way back to Nazi, Germany, to find a population of people treated worse than the Palestinian's.

The Jewish people do not need "permission" to live anywhere. That statement is anti-semitic.

Comparing the Jewish people to Nazi's is both anti-semitic and vile, as if one can equate stuffing 95% of some countries Jewish people into OVENS with anything the Palestinians have experienced. Although I do have to say this is a step up from the last board I was on. There I was told I was an animal and deserved to be nuked or stabbed.

Happy Xmas to those who celebrate it. And appropriate other seasonal greetings to those who don't.

The Jewish people do not need "permission" to live anywhere. That statement is anti-semitic.

Comparing the Jewish people to Nazi's is both anti-semitic and vile, as if one can equate stuffing 95% of some countries Jewish people into OVENS with anything the Palestinians have experienced. Although I do have to say this is a step up from the last board I was on. There I was told I was an animal and deserved to be nuked or stabbed.

Happy Xmas to those who celebrate it. And appropriate other seasonal greetings to those who don't.

“Everybody is somebody’s Jew and today the Palestinians are the Jews of the Israelis.”

Primo Levi, Auschwitz survivor and author.

“Everybody is somebody’s Jew and today the Palestinians are the Jews of the Israelis.”

Primo Levi, Auschwitz survivor and author.

And George Soros, Holocaust Survivor, is an atheist and Bernie Sanders does not identify as a Jew.
Your point?
Other than from a numbers point of view, non-believing Christians far outnumber non-believing Jews.

How could my statement be anti-Semitic when I didn't say anything about Judaism? I was talking about Israeli's. And yes, you do need permission to live in other country's. That "permission", comes in the form of a resident visa. Without it, you're either in the country illegally, or you get deported.

As far as your other claim, if you have to lie in order to make your point, then you have no point to make. I didn't compare Jews to Nazis, that's the lie you tell. I said Israel is treating the Pals, like the Nazis treated the Jews. Let me be clear on this, I was not referring to the period of the Holocaust, but the 10 years prior leading up to it. The Holocaust didn't just happen overnight. There were years and years of hate ramping up in many forms. And those "forms" are present today in the way the Palestinian's are treated.

• Palestinian's are trashed 24/7, just like the Nazis trashed the Jews.
  • Palestinian's are scapegoated for all the problems in the country, just like the Nazis scapegoated the Jews.
  • Palestinian's are treated like they are sub-human, just like the Nazis treated the Jews.
  • The government provides non-stop propaganda demonizing the Pals, just like the Nazis did with the Jews.
  • Laws are enacted making Pals 2nd class citizens, just like the Nazis did to the Jews.
  • Palestinian's are being ethnically cleansed from the area, just like the Nazis did to the Jews.
  • Any violence against the Pals (no matter how horrific), is acceptable to the general population, just like violence against the Jews was accepted by Germans.
  • Zionists want Israel to be known as the Jewish State; Nazis wanted Germany to be known as the Aryan Nation.
I could go on, but I'll stop there.

All there really needs to happen for a Palestinian solution, is for Israel to obey the law and stop acting like I noted above. It is interesting to note all these international laws and even the UN Charter, was a direct result of what the world experienced in WWII. That's why "aggression" was made illegal at the Nuremberg Tribunals. That's why you can't hold onto land seized in a war. That's why the only thing you can do with an occupation, is end it. And ending it, is not calling it something else, as many of the pro-Israeli are trying to get away with doing.

By not respecting IHL and the UN Charter, you are shitting on the graves of all the Jews who died in the Holocaust. Because the laws we have today, were designed to prevent another one.

Last edited:
Billo_Really, et al,

I have to admit, our friend "Billo_Really's" commentary was put together very well. It has form and structure you seldom see in normal attacks to discredit is the Jewish People of Israel.

By not respecting IHL and the UN Charter, you are shitting on the graves of all the Jews who died in the Holocaust. Because the laws we have today, were designed to prevent another one.
(COMMENT)

This is the most ridiculous thing said so far. The entire reason for the establishment of the Jewish National Home, which ultimately formed as the modern State of Israel, was to preserve the Jewish People and provide them a sanctuary so that might better defend themselves against the likes of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, and Arab Palestinian that was involved in espionage, sabotage, terrorist activity against the British and the Jews, as well as anti-Semitic propaganda on behalf of the NAZI Leadership. OR --- the Commander of the Palestinian Holy War Army, a former member of a Special Commando Unit of the Waffen SS, jointly operated by Abwehr and Grand Mufti al-Husseini; OR --- the Commander of the Palestinian Holy War Army, formerly a Colonel of the Wehrmacht, and had been assigned to Sonderstab F. If there is a party that should be ashamed of the resemblance to the NAZIs, it more be the Arab Palestinians that fought for the NAZIs.

By not standing against the anti-semitism being spread by the Hostile Arab Palestinians, and by not resisting the Powerful Arab Influences which have been, for more than half a century --- fueling the furnace of war, the Jewish People would have ingnored the mantra of the Survivors: "Don't FORGET."

The Same Hostile Arabs --- defying the Resolution of the General Assembly, and engaged in deliberate hostile actions to alter by force and external influence, the settlement recommended by the Special Committee and adopted by General Assembly, ignited and have since fueled the conflict for more than half a century.

The Arab Palestinian defiled the Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States. And by obstructing that which was offered to --- and accepted by --- the Jewish People (the descendants of the Death Camp Survivors), they continues to fight on behalf of the horrors of the Axis Regimes.

(***TRUNCATED***
by RoccoR)
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are trashed 24/7, just like the Nazis trashed the Jews.
    • This comment is designed to lend the impression that the Palestinians never "trash" or "attack" the Jewish of Israel.
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are scapegoated for all the problems in the country, just like the Nazis scapegoated the Jews.
    • This comment is designed to suggest that the Palestinians never blame the Jewish of Israel for the conflict. The Palestinians never blame the Israelis for the invasion of their country or the "catastrophe." Nooo!
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are treated like they are sub-human, just like the Nazis treated the Jews.
    • The Palestinians are treated in the manner in which they present themselves.
  • Billo_Really, The government provides non-stop propaganda demonizing the Pals, just like the Nazis did with the Jews.
    • Wow! This suggests that the Palestinians never engage in Propaganda. The Palestinians are pretending that they never manipulate the media to their own advantage. They never make video's that condemn the Israelis in everything they do. The Palestinians never incite hostilities and riots; and they certainly don't celebrate martyrs for their assaults on innocent civilians.
  • Billo_Really, Laws are enacted making Pals 2nd class citizens, just like the Nazis did to the Jews.
    • This is to suggest that some Israeli citizens do not have a representation in government, have the same measure of equality. Citizenship issues and the legislation of laws in Israel are a domestic issue. As far as the (so called) Occupation is concerned, the Palestinians have their own issues on the matter of democratic processes to resolve. Palestinians are no Second Class Citizen, because, the are not even citizens of Israel to be included in a class.
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are being ethnically cleansed from the area, just like the Nazis did to the Jews.
    • WOW, I simply have not seen (since the independence of Israel in 1948) the Israeli Police and Military rounding up train cars full of Arab Citizens in Israel or Palestinians in the territories, for shipment to Death Camps anywhere in the region. I would really like to know where one of these Death Camps are?
  • Billo_Really, Any violence against the Pals (no matter how horrific), is acceptable to the general population, just like violence against the Jews was accepted by Germans.
  • Billo_Really, Zionists want Israel to be known as the Jewish State; Nazis wanted Germany to be known as the Aryan Nation.
    • Again WOW! The utilization of the Phrase "Jewish State" was in the PLAN OF PARTITION WITH ECONOMIC UNION --- PART I Future constitution and government of Palestine --- A. TERMINATION OF MANDATE, PARTITION AND INDEPENDENCE, Paragraph 2, UN Resolution 181 (II), as relayed by the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) in its Report to the General Assembly (Para #76)(A/364 3 September 1947).
Most Respectfully,
R

A bill has been submitted for freedom of prayer at any place of worship. That will mean a person of any religion will be allowed to pray at any church, synagogue or mosque.

Abbas might have declared a state but he does not control Jerusalem or the mount.

Billo_Really, et al,

I have to admit, our friend "Billo_Really's" commentary was put together very well. It has form and structure you seldom see in normal attacks to discredit is the Jewish People of Israel.

(COMMENT)

This is the most ridiculous thing said so far. The entire reason for the establishment of the Jewish National Home, which ultimately formed as the modern State of Israel, was to preserve the Jewish People and provide them a sanctuary so that might better defend themselves against the likes of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, and Arab Palestinian that was involved in espionage, sabotage, terrorist activity against the British and the Jews, as well as anti-Semitic propaganda on behalf of the NAZI Leadership. OR --- the Commander of the Palestinian Holy War Army, a former member of a Special Commando Unit of the Waffen SS, jointly operated by Abwehr and Grand Mufti al-Husseini; OR --- the Commander of the Palestinian Holy War Army, formerly a Colonel of the Wehrmacht, and had been assigned to Sonderstab F. If there is a party that should be ashamed of the resemblance to the NAZIs, it more be the Arab Palestinians that fought for the NAZIs.

By not standing against the anti-semitism being spread by the Hostile Arab Palestinians, and by not resisting the Powerful Arab Influences which have been, for more than half a century --- fueling the furnace of war, the Jewish People would have ingnored the mantra of the Survivors: "Don't FORGET."

The Same Hostile Arabs --- defying the Resolution of the General Assembly, and engaged in deliberate hostile actions to alter by force and external influence, the settlement recommended by the Special Committee and adopted by General Assembly, ignited and have since fueled the conflict for more than half a century.

The Arab Palestinian defiled the Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States. And by obstructing that which was offered to --- and accepted by --- the Jewish People (the descendants of the Death Camp Survivors), they continues to fight on behalf of the horrors of the Axis Regimes.

(***TRUNCATED***
by RoccoR)
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are trashed 24/7, just like the Nazis trashed the Jews.
    • This comment is designed to lend the impression that the Palestinians never "trash" or "attack" the Jewish of Israel.
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are scapegoated for all the problems in the country, just like the Nazis scapegoated the Jews.
    • This comment is designed to suggest that the Palestinians never blame the Jewish of Israel for the conflict. The Palestinians never blame the Israelis for the invasion of their country or the "catastrophe." Nooo!
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are treated like they are sub-human, just like the Nazis treated the Jews.
    • The Palestinians are treated in the manner in which they present themselves.
  • Billo_Really, The government provides non-stop propaganda demonizing the Pals, just like the Nazis did with the Jews.
    • Wow! This suggests that the Palestinians never engage in Propaganda. The Palestinians are pretending that they never manipulate the media to their own advantage. They never make video's that condemn the Israelis in everything they do. The Palestinians never incite hostilities and riots; and they certainly don't celebrate martyrs for their assaults on innocent civilians.
  • Billo_Really, Laws are enacted making Pals 2nd class citizens, just like the Nazis did to the Jews.
    • This is to suggest that some Israeli citizens do not have a representation in government, have the same measure of equality. Citizenship issues and the legislation of laws in Israel are a domestic issue. As far as the (so called) Occupation is concerned, the Palestinians have their own issues on the matter of democratic processes to resolve. Palestinians are no Second Class Citizen, because, the are not even citizens of Israel to be included in a class.
  • Billo_Really, Palestinian's are being ethnically cleansed from the area, just like the Nazis did to the Jews.
    • WOW, I simply have not seen (since the independence of Israel in 1948) the Israeli Police and Military rounding up train cars full of Arab Citizens in Israel or Palestinians in the territories, for shipment to Death Camps anywhere in the region. I would really like to know where one of these Death Camps are?
  • Billo_Really, Any violence against the Pals (no matter how horrific), is acceptable to the general population, just like violence against the Jews was accepted by Germans.
  • Billo_Really, Zionists want Israel to be known as the Jewish State; Nazis wanted Germany to be known as the Aryan Nation.
    • Again WOW! The utilization of the Phrase "Jewish State" was in the PLAN OF PARTITION WITH ECONOMIC UNION --- PART I Future constitution and government of Palestine --- A. TERMINATION OF MANDATE, PARTITION AND INDEPENDENCE, Paragraph 2, UN Resolution 181 (II), as relayed by the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) in its Report to the General Assembly (Para #76)(A/364 3 September 1947).
Most Respectfully,
R
The difference between "homeland" (that was proposed but Britain failed to implement) and "state." (which was imposed by the foreign Jewish Agency inside Palestine)

P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes there is a big difference. But back then, the Hostile Arab Palestinians wanted to eject all the Jewish Immigrants. The idea of a Jewish National Home and a Jewish State are not two separate things. A Jewish National Home could be accomplished in a number of different ways; only one of which was the establishment of a Jewish State.

The difference between "homeland" (that was proposed but Britain failed to implement) and "state." (which was imposed by the foreign Jewish Agency inside Palestine)
(OBSERVATION)

41. The Shaw commission, however, did not accept these immediate causes of Arab apprehension as an adequate explanation of the events they were called upon investigate.

• “There can, in our view, be no doubt,” they wrote, “that racial animosity on the part of the Arabs, consequent upon the disappointment of their political and national aspirations and fear for their economic future, was the fundamental cause of the outbreak of August last. In less than ten years three serious attacks have been made by Arabs on Jews. Fore eighty years before the first of these attacks there is no recorded instance of any similar incidents. It is obvious then that the relations between the two races during the past decade must have different in some material respect from those which previously obtained. The Arabs have come to see in the Jewish immigrant not only a menace to their livelihood but a possible overlord of the future.
(COMMENT)

It was this Arab animosity towards the Jewish Immigrants which ultimately blossomed into irreconcilable differences which caused the Jewish National Home effort to shift event further towards a Jewish State Proposal.

The Arab Palestinians always want to shift the blame for everything they dislike as the fault of someone else. They never contributed to the adverse cause. It was that way from the beginning, it was that way in the immediate outbrek of hostilities when the Partition Plan was adopted, and it was that way after the Armistices arrangements were set and the West Bank and Gaza Strip were occupied by the Arab Countries. And it has been that way for more than half a century after the Jewish exercised self-determination and declared independence.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back