The Parade Of Shame -- Palin's Corporate Sponsors

I'm telling you what I see, The Infidel. I like you as well, and would be delighted to discuss the many failures of Palin's POVs but possibly one at a time, and on a separate thread. Lemme just say, Palin loves America like Karl Rove loves America -- if you're the sort of American who can advance her interests, she loves you.

If not, she's your enemy and I identify with those she considers "outsiders".

I would prefer to debate it right here.... that way I wont have to hunt all over the place to debate ya.... b/c you are dead wrong about her.

I dont like Karl Rove and she is NOTHING like him.

Again, just repond to my post. I even layed them all out for you to reinforce your claims.
Heck, they are all bolded too...
I tell ya what, I will even go change the colors for ya....

I want to see you back up those claims.

Madeline's opinions are fact free.
Dont expect much of a dialog, beyond name calling .

I'm telling you what I see, The Infidel. I like you as well, and would be delighted to discuss the many failures of Palin's POVs but possibly one at a time, and on a separate thread. Lemme just say, Palin loves America like Karl Rove loves America -- if you're the sort of American who can advance her interests, she loves you.

If not, she's your enemy and I identify with those she considers "outsiders".

I would prefer to debate it right here.... that way I wont have to hunt all over the place to debate ya.... b/c you are dead wrong about her.

Again, just repond to my post. I even layed them all out for you to reinforce your claims.

Thing is... I am not a huge Sarah fan, but God... the hatred for her on the left makes me second guess myself. She obviously has something going for her.
If they hate her that much, I need to rethink my feeling about her.

Dear Ms. ********,

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We are sensitive to the opinions of our customers and apologize if we have offended you in any way.

Toyota’s decision to advertise on television programs is based on the level of interest generated by the American public, not the subject matter contained in the program. We make every effort to screen programs considered to contain controversial issues, however we are not always aware of the content of individual episodes in advance.

Your feedback is appreciated as it is through communications such as yours that we become aware of our customers expectations and reactions. It also provides us with valuable insight when developing future advertising strategies.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us Toyota Help.

Sincerely,

Greg Shono
Toyota Customer Experience

November 16, 2010

Nationwide OCA Ref # 2298453

Dear Madeline:

Nationwide schedules television advertisements for anticipated regular network programming. We do not have control over the content of a particular network broadcast. Our advertising schedule is not determined to support or promote specific points of view that might be reflected in programming, the television network chooses when our ads air. We appreciate your concern and value your feedback.

Sincerely,

Michael Wisecup
Nationwide Insurance
Corporate Customer Advocacy Analyst
800-882-2822 Option 4, then 0

Also, a Phil Marino of Bally Total Fitness called to say the company does advertise on TLC, but not on Palin's show. I told him I was willing to accept that as a response and would let anyone else know whom I had told that it did.

And I'm sure he rolled his eyes, said, "What a loon," and went back to waiting impatiently for his promotion out of the complaints department.

Actually, I win all my debates. (...)

If this is the case, then you're choosing the wrong ones to debate with.
No one wins 'all debates'.
Actually, she does. The problem is that so few at USMB actually know HOW to debate, thus they haven't even a clue that they have lost. It's pretty sad, to be honest.

(No offense, C.)

No, you're completely correct. There's a reason why my sig line mentions the death of common sense in America. People don't know how to research, they don't know how to marshal their arguments and evidence, and they don't know how to think logically. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

And I don't need them to admit they've lost. When they're spitting and frothing incoherently, with their eyes rotating in opposing circles, that's when you know a leftist is beaten. :eusa_whistle:

I support Maddy's right to boycott any company she wishes. It's her right to choose.

I just wish she equally respected the rights of other to continue to do business with companies and to watch programs she doesn't like.

Oh, I support her right to boycott. I just support it with all the respect it deserves.

Unlike you, I don't find people engaging in perfectly legal and moral behavior which neither defrauds nor coerces anyone, and which others are perfectly free to avoid to be evil.

I have to wonder whether or not Mad would consider blackmail and censorship to be the only alternatives to "apathy" if the "evil" one was fighting happened to be abortion, or feminism, or any of a host of leftist causes she supports.

My conduct is "perfectly legal and moral" as well. I have not engaged in any crime, much less blackmail, and I have called for no government action, ergo, there is no risk of censorship. I find Palin to represent virtually all that is wrong with this country and I expect her to be a candidate in my party's presidential primary so I oppose her.

I especially oppose her appearance on a nature show which is a thinly-disguised informercial.

You can keep on whining, Cecilie, or you can do what I did and take some action apart from posting on USMB. I dun care, especially, but I see no value in believing we are impotent to help create the change we want.

Perhaps you should look up the word "blackmail", because that's exactly what you're doing. You're trying to coerce these companies into doing what you want by means of threats. And what you want is for THEM to coerce TLC to do what you want by means of threats.

You can keep sniveling excuses for your behavior all you like. You're still a blackmailing,censoring hypocrite. The only action I need to take is to stand back and let you expose to everyone what a lousy, two-faced excuse for a human being you are. Just like the liberals in the last election, your behavior will do all the work for me.

My conduct is "perfectly legal and moral" as well. I have not engaged in any crime, much less blackmail, and I have called for no government action, ergo, there is no risk of censorship. I find Palin to represent virtually all that is wrong with this country and I expect her to be a candidate in my party's presidential primary so I oppose her.
I especially oppose her appearance on a nature show which is a thinly-disguised informercial.

You can keep on whining, Cecilie, or you can do what I did and take some action apart from posting on USMB. I dun care, especially, but I see no value in believing we are impotent to help create the change we want.

Im sorry, but the Republican party does'nt need your kind of politics.

If you truly hate her this much...

This is a sick representation of her, and I am disappointed.

There is no way she is the devil that pic depicts!

Hell... I dont even hate Obama that much :eek:

I hate what she stands for, The Infidel. Sexual repression, recriminalizing abortion, glorifying stupidity, worshipping Big Business, blaming the poor for their suffering, pointless divisiveness, avoiding personal responsibility, banging on the Bible, racism, Islamophobia, etc.

I look at Palin and see the Jimmy Swaggert of the 21st Century, except Swaggart never wanted to be POTUS.

:cuckoo:What specifically has she done or said to warrant such psychotic hatred from you?

Thing is... I am not a huge Sarah fan, but God... the hatred for her on the left makes me second guess myself. She obviously has something going for her.

This is the rule of thumb.

The more vicious the left attacks someone the more of a threat they are to the left. The more of a threat they are to the left the better they are for America.

Therefore, a good indication of what is great for america is based on how viciously the left attacks that person or idea.

Thus, Sarah Palin is great for America. Also, she certainly would make a much better president than Barak Hussein Obama.

Madeline you do believe in censorship and quashing speech you disagree with.

Just because you don't want the government to do it doesn't mean you don't want it done.

You want it done by TLC.

It's really shameful. :eusa_hand: It's very anti-american.

Volkswagen Group of America:
Target Corporation:
Bally Total Fitness Inc.
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.:
Yahoo!
Troy-Built (owned by MTD)
Frito-Lay (ad was for Sunchips)
Proctor & Gamble (Gillette razors)
Unilever Products (Dove Soap and Degree Deodorant)
Nationwide
Sprint
S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc. (Pledge dusting products)
Disney
Chase
Google
Bose
Intuit
Walgreens
Lowes
Blue dog food
T Mobile
Crayola
Sensodyne
Kayak.com
Martini & Rossi
Breathe Right
Ilovealpacas.com

I intend to write the executives of each and every one of these companies to tell them I plan to boycott their products unless the stop advertising on Palin's Nature show on TLC. I hope you will do the same.

Get this fuckwhit off the air.

Sarah-Palin-Hunter.jpg

why? exactly.....

Fine, fine...we can discuss Palin here. Before we begin, just for Cecilie:

blackmail n. the crime of threatening to reveal embarrassing, disgraceful or damaging facts (or rumors) about a person to the public, family, spouse or associates unless paid off to not carry out the threat. It is one form of extortion (which may include other threats such as physical harm or damage to property).

blackmail legal definition of blackmail. blackmail synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Since the corporate sponsors of Palin's show paid good money to make their association with her known to Planet Earth, there is no secret for me to threaten to revel, and ergo, no blackmail.

Censorship: The suppression or proscription of speech or writing that is deemed obscene, indecent, or unduly controversial.

The term censorship derives from the official duties of the Roman censor who, beginning in 443 b.c., conducted the census by counting, assessing, and evaluating the populace. Originally neutral in tone, the term has come to mean the suppression of ideas or images by the government or others with authority.

Throughout history, societies practiced various forms of censorship in the belief that the community, as represented by the government, was responsible for molding the individual. For example, the ancient Greek philosopher Plato advocated various degrees of censorship in The Republic; the content of important texts and the dissemination of knowledge were tightly controlled in ancient Chinese society as is much information in modern China; and for centuries the Roman Catholic Church's Index Librorum Prohibitorum proscribed much literature as contrary to the church's teachings.

The English-speaking world began wrestling with issues of censorship in the seventeenth century. In his Areopagitica (1644), John Milton argued in favor of the right to publish, free from government restraint. In the United States, the First Amendment to the Constitution (1787) guarantees Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press. When a U.S. government agency attempts to prohibit speech or writing, the party being censored frequently raises these First Amendment rights. Such cases usually involve communication that the government perceives as harmful to itself or the public.

censorship legal definition of censorship. censorship synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

I am not calling for any government act to remove Palin from the airwaves; ergo, there is no attempted censorship.

Jesus, you can be thick, Cecilie.

ekrem,

A bit of feedback: your posts about eggplant were of a much higher quality than anything you've posted here.

*helpfully*

boe

No, he's right. CG and Si Modo both make a habit of posting to threads I have begun or am in for no reason apart from trying to insult me. Both continuously neg me. But it does not have any impact on me, and I wish it had no impact on ekrem either.

I know Maddie has me on ignore but, for everyone else, that statement is an out and out lie. I have negged Maddie twice... once because she out and out lied about what I had said and, when challenged, refused to admit it, and for disrespecting the freedom of Americans to watch what they want to watch on tv.

This is my problem with Maddie. She's a lying hag.

Last edited:

I find her to be rather one note and tedious, and lack any desire whatsoever to watch her program. It's really easy to avoid her if one wishes.

Maddy doesn't grok that this hyper-focus on Palin actually feed her public persona and popularity.

Why I Despise Sarah Palin (List Is Not Exhaustive) In No Special Order Of Importance.....

* She wants to recriminalize abortion. Palin would outlaw abortion even in cases of rape and incest; she's as extreme as it is possible to be.

* She opposes stem cell research.

* During her term of office as Mayor of Wasilla, she had the police charge rape victims to collect and process rape kits.

Sarah Palin on the Issues

* She is opposed to same-sex marriage.

* Opposes any private company or the government offering benefits to employees' partners in same sex domestic partnerships.

* Vindictive and unethical. "Troopergate" concerned Palin's termination of Alaska's Public Safety Director for refusing to fire her brother-in-law, Trooper Mike Wooten.

What the Troopergate Report Really Says - TIME

* Cannot fulfill any commitment. Walked off as Governor of Alaska twice; temporarialy when picked as McCain's running mate and permanently when ethics complaints arising from her Veep run appeared likely to be successful.

* Wants creationism taught in public schools (as an alternative to evolution).

* Sued the federal EPA to evade the Endangered Species Act.

* Wants energy independence through "more coal, more oil, more gas and more nukes" rather than through any form of conservation.

* "Drill, baby, drill".

* Rejects global warming as man-made.

* Opposed protection of salmon from mining contamination.

* Sued federal government to take polar bears off the endangered species list.

* Supports killing wolves from helicopters and planes.

* Opposes "explicit" sex education in public schools.

* Criticized conflicts of interest in others (voting on matters of concern to a campaign donor) but did the very same thing herself.

* Created dissent bordering on paralysis in every government office she has ever held.

* Supports ending DC's 32 year old ban on handguns.

* Lied about Obamacare providing for "death panels".

Politico equates Palin's "Death Panel" lie with saying Bush misled public about Iraq | Media Matters for America

* Wants to bring back the McCarthy era "loyalty oath".

And what does any of that have to do with her outdoor activities and family life in Alaska?

(And much of your list is nonsense.)

Why I Despise Sarah Palin (List Is Not Exhaustive) In No Special Order Of Importance.....

* She wants to recriminalize abortion. Palin would outlaw abortion even in cases of rape and incest; she's as extreme as it is possible to be.

* She opposes stem cell research.

* During her term of office as Mayor of Wasilla, she had the police charge rape victims to collect and process rape kits.

* She is opposed to same-sex marriage.

* Opposes any private company or the government offering benefits to employees' partners in same sex domestic partnerships.

* Vindictive and unethical. "Troopergate" concerned Palin's termination of Alaska's Public Safety Director for refusing to fire her brother-in-law, Trooper Mike Wooten.

What the Troopergate Report Really Says - TIME

* Cannot fulfill any commitment. Walked off as Governor of Alaska twice; temporarialy when picked as McCain's running mate and permanently when ethics complaints arising from her Veep run appeared likely to be successful.

* Wants creationism taught in public schools (as an alternative to evolution).

* Sued the federal EPA to evade the Endangered Species Act.

* Wants energy independence through "more coal, more oil, more gas and more nukes" rather than through any form of conservation.

* "Drill, baby, drill".

* Rejects global warming as man-made.

* Opposed protection of salmon from mining contamination.

* Sued federal government to take polar bears off the endangered species list.

* Supports killing wolves from helicopters and planes.

* Opposes "explicit" sex education in public schools.

* Criticized conflicts of interest in others (voting on matters of concern to a campaign donor) but did the very same thing herself.

* Created dissent bordering on paralysis in every government office she has ever held.

* Supports ending DC's 32 year old ban on handguns.

* Lied about Obamacare providing for "death panels".

Politico equates Palin's "Death Panel" lie with saying Bush misled public about Iraq | Media Matters for America

* Wants to bring back the McCarthy era "loyalty oath".

Where are your links for this basic list of rumours and innuendos by left wing bloggers?

Seriously, are you on heavy medication?

For example the one piece of bullshit in the list that jumps out as a glaring example of left wing fecal matter is that Palin made women pay for rape kits.

I'd like you to provide copies of invoices from the Wasilla Police Department.

The deputy commissioner of Alaska's Department of Public Safety told the State Affairs Committee that he has never found a police agency that has billed a victim.

In light of Wasilla's low number of rapes according to available FBI statistics (one to two per year, compared to Juneau's 30-39), and the fact that the Wasilla Finance Department cannot find any record of charging a victim for a rape kit, it is entirely possible that no victim was ever charged.

Del Smith, the state's deputy commissioner at the Department of Public Safety, testified in support of the rape-kit-charging-ban legislation during multiple hearings. During one, state representative Jeannette James asked if she "understood correctly that Mr. Smith is saying that the department has never billed a victim for exams."

Smith replied that "the department might have been billed, but he has not found any police agency that has ever billed a victim."

Can you read that? In testimony....a department might have been billed, but no police agency ever billed a victim.

Debunking the Latest Sarah Palin Smear | The Weekly Standard

I like this part of the article, but I will await a copy of any invoice billing a rape victim to back your claim.

To clarify: In preparation to attend a hearing and support the bill, one of the state's top law-enforcement officials found no case of a rape victim ever being charged.

And roughly a month after 30 Democratic lawyers, investigators, and opposition researchers, not to mention reporters from every major news agency in the country, landed in Alaska, we still have no instances to consider.

Looking forward to seeing a copy of an invoice /any invoice for a rape kit.

Oh and btw, predator control is mandated by the Alaska Constitution. Don't keep putting that bullshit out there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back