The penalties of gun control

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I remember hen liberals actually cared about minorities, and when they thought that laws that had a disparate impact on them should be fought against toothe and nail, now they pass them and look the other way pretending it is for the children.

And that gun registry? My clients have a hard enough time getting out of bed in the morning and you want them to register with the State Police and their probation officer for five years? This is a setup, right? I mean, we might as well go ahead and make everything a life sentence.
I would venture a guess that the vast majority of gun defendants in Connecticut are poor inner city minorities and the majority of gun charges in Connecticut are the two I outlined above. I will bet the price of tea in China that this will stay the same even after the enactment of Gun Control™.
If we are so convinced that mental health leads to crime, then shouldn’t preventing recidivism be a primary goal, since those who have already committed crimes are naturally predisposed to more crime? And yet for all the mental health accolades this bill is getting, there is still no focus on the mentally ill in prisons.
Many are there because they are mentally ill and many become mentally ill when they’re there. Why are we neglecting them? Why are we punishing those that had nothing to do with the harm we’re seeking to prevent? Why aren’t we seeking out the causes for the vast majority of gun violence (suicides and shootings) and treating those causes?
Rather we have proposed reform, 90% of which is occupied with 10% of the problem. This would, in effect, be another instance of the already disenfranchised being further punished for a suburban, once-in-a-lifetime crime.
But we don’t care about them; they’re criminals. Hey, guess what? Now, you are too.
The penalties of gun control | a public defender

By the way, this guy is a real life public defender in Connecticut, so he know what he is talking about.

Forum List

Back