🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The People of Missouri Rejects Right To Work For Less Law

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The people of very red Missouri have stopped the republican government of their state from forcing the right to work for less law on their state. Seems people are waking up to the damage that is being caused by destroying unions.

Hopefully the people of our nation are waking up. Finally.

Good for the people of Missouri their standard of living will improve.

Missouri Blocks Right-To-Work Law

The people of very red Missouri have stopped the republican government of their state from forcing the right to work for less law on their state. Seems people are waking up to the damage that is being caused by destroying unions.

The Commonwealth of Virginia is a right to work state and has one of the highest levels of income in the nation. :dunno:

Thanks, Mizzou. Here in MI we shit-canned that mandatory union crap a while ago so we’ll be happy to take in any of your businesses that want to relocate to a fairer work environment for their employees.

It will eventually become moot. The SCOTUS will see to that. Workers in the private sector have the same constitutional rights as public employees. All that is needed is a case to go before the court. Forced union dues will become illegal in the private sector as well.

The Commonwealth of Virginia is a right to work state and has one of the highest levels of income in the nation. :dunno:

Virginia is number 8 in level of income which is very good. But then it's next to DC and the northern area is mostly people who work in DC. DC is tied for the highest income in the nation. Tied with Maryland. It's not Virginia that's creating those high income jobs. It's DC. The higher incomes in Virginia is in the north area closer to DC where the good paying jobs are.

My state is number 10 in level of income. We aren't a right to work to state and we don't have DC to feed us higher incomes. In fact, we're a prevailing wage state so all jobs the state hires out for are paid at the highest rate which is the union wages. Our last governor worked hard to create not just jobs but union jobs and added thousands more union jobs to our state. The result is that people come here in droves for work, we actually have good jobs that pay high wages with good benefits. We have a minimum wage law that requires my state to have the highest minimum wage in the nation so if another state raises their minimum wage above ours, by law ours has to automatically increase above that other state's minimum wage level.

We will see how it goes for Missouri but as far as I can see, Virginia is the only right to work for less state in the top ten high income states. The only reason why there's a high income in Virginia is because of all the jobs in DC that are higher wages than the rest of the state of Virginia.

Virginia is number 8 in level of income which is very good. But then it's next to DC and the northern area is mostly people who work in DC. DC is tied for the highest income in the nation. Tied with Maryland. It's not Virginia that's creating those high income jobs. It's DC. The higher incomes in Virginia is in the north area closer to DC where the good paying jobs are.

My state is number 10 in level of income. We aren't a right to work to state and we don't have DC to feed us higher incomes. In fact, we're a prevailing wage state so all jobs the state hires out for are paid at the highest rate which is the union wages. Our last governor worked hard to create not just jobs but union jobs and added thousands more union jobs to our state. The result is that people come here in droves for work, we actually have good jobs that pay high wages with good benefits. We have a minimum wage law that requires my state to have the highest minimum wage in the nation so if another state raises their minimum wage above ours, by law ours has to automatically increase above that other state's minimum wage level.

We will see how it goes for Missouri but as far as I can see, Virginia is the only right to work for less state in the top ten high income states. The only reason why there's a high income in Virginia is because of all the jobs in DC that are higher wages than the rest of the state of Virginia.
I made no claim as to why Virginia is successful, I also didn't point out that there are strong union states that are also successful, simply pointing out that thinking right to work in and of it self being a bad thing is politically motivated, not reality motivated though I'm sure you will contest that. I mean, you do have a world view to defend at all costs...... :eusa_whistle:

The people of Missouri have spoken, or voted.

Guess they like the status quo.

I made no claim as to why Virginia is successful, I also didn't point out that there are strong union states that are also successful, simply pointing out that thinking right to work in and of it self being a bad thing is politically motivated, not reality motivated though I'm sure you will contest that. I mean, you do have a world view to defend at all costs...... :eusa_whistle:
Oh and NoVA isn't the only economic powerhouse in Virginia........

1. There is ALREADY a thread on this started last night
2. Its a mute point because if you had paid attention about 6 weeks ago the SUPREME COURT ruled unions can't FORCE workers to pay union dues...its a mute point.

You really do need to get up to date on events.

Supreme Court rules against paying for union representation in Janus v. AFSCME

1. There is ALREADY a thread on this started last night
2. Its a mute point because if you had paid attention about 6 weeks ago the SUPREME COURT ruled unions can't FORCE workers to pay union dues...its a mute point.
I try not to be a grammar Nazi as I make plenty of errors. The word you are looking for is moot, not mute. Common mistake, but moot is the correct word for what you are trying to say. Much like people using granite for granted.

In your mind this will make the state better financially? Please explain Virginia which is a right to work state and it’s high financial status.

Nice backtrack there. However your ignorance was exposed

Unions have never done anything on behalf of the American people -- they should be banned-- collective bargaining is only good if the employer is ok with it.

Shitty interpretation on your part but hey, I would expect nothing less from a blind partisan hack....... :thup:

Why would it improve if the law hasn’t changed? Seems to me and everyone else that it will be business as usual.

Shitty interpretation on your part but hey, I would expect nothing less from a blind partisan hack....... :thup:
Nope. Poster made a statement that was wrong and couldn’t be supported. When pressed Have incoherent double talk.

Nope. Poster made a statement that was wrong and couldn’t be supported. When pressed Have incoherent double talk.
Bet you're gonna call me a righty next........ :rofl:

Bet you're gonna call me a righty next........ :rofl:
I need to apologize. I was on the iPhone and wanted to reply to Dana not you. Somehow I got the threads mixed.

Forum List

Back