The people vs the state

Dogmaphobe

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2014
Or uh gun
You know, folks, it amazes me how so many people here fail to understand political terms. Take those who support an all-powerful state dictating our lives. They support the notion that the state owns people's children. They support the notion that the state dictates who can operate a business and who can't. They support a state that can force us to inject unproven substances in our bodies, involve themselves with business in such a way as to suppress free speech, force religious individuals to commit speech against their beliefs and require people to wear a mask that doesn't work in order to display fealty and obedience.

.........and these people call themselves LIBERAL.

Might I suggest to all to put away the word they (and themselves) are using to describe these people? This isn't liberalism.

It is almost the perfect antithesis thereof.

I see your fucked up party and your side wanting to force my side to do the same on issues that will end up hurting people with very little otherwise. The truth is Vaccines have saved billions of lives but you believe that we shouldn't require something that saves tens of millions of people including your own neighbor.

I see your fucked up party and your side wanting to force my side to do the same on issues that will end up hurting people with very little otherwise. The truth is Vaccines have saved billions of lives but you believe that we shouldn't require something that saves tens of millions of people including your own neighbor.
I don't have a party, sweetie.

I simply have an education.

You know, folks, it amazes me how so many people here fail to understand political terms. Take those who support an all-powerful state dictating our lives. They support the notion that the state owns people's children. They support the notion that the state dictates who can operate a business and who can't.

Uh, guy, businesses are licensed by the state.. and that's not a liberal or a conservative position. Heck, I had to get a license for the little business I run out of my spare bedroom.

They support a state that can force us to inject unproven substances in our bodies,

You mean like the vaccines that erradicated polio, smallpox, measles, and now covid? Um, yeah, what bastards saving millions of lives.

1676228096598.jpeg

Um, "Freedom"?

involve themselves with business in such a way as to suppress free speech,

You mean by suggesting- gasp- that social media platforms don't spread misinformation during a public health crisis?

force religious individuals to commit speech against their beliefs

Um, cakes aren't speech. Now, if he can write the entire covenants and doctrines in frosting, you might have a point.

and require people to wear a mask that doesn't work in order to display fealty and obedience.
Except masks had benefits.... which is why your surgeon wears one.

I simply have an education.
somebody wasted their money, then.

As far as I know only the US calls them liberals. The rest of the world just call them leftists.

I imagine it has something to do with their stand on moral issues (abortion, gay rights, etc...)

As far as I know only the US calls them liberals. The rest of the world just call them leftists.

I imagine it has something to do with their stand on moral issues (abortion, gay rights, etc...)
Yes. Leftists is more accurate.

They despise actual liberalism like nobody's business.

Africa seems to be doing quite well with few masks and few vaccines. Kind of destroys you narrative.

Forum List

Back