The people will not give up...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Venezuela's political opposition and its supporters gathered in cities around the country on Saturday to demand recognition of what they say is their candidate's resounding victory in a presidential vote nearly three weeks ago.
The country's electoral authority, considered by the opposition to be an arm of the ruling party, has said President Nicolas Maduro won his third term in the July 28 contest, with just under 52% of the vote.

But the opposition, led by former lawmaker Maria Corina Machado, has published online what it says are 83% of voting machine tallies, which give its candidate Edmundo Gonzalez a hearty 67% support.
The disputed vote has thrown the economically beleaguered nation into political crisis, and a government crackdown on protests has led to at least 2,400 arrests. Clashes connected to the protests have also led to at least 23 deaths.

Lets hope they have the will to hold on till they can drive Maduro out

Venezuela's political opposition and its supporters gathered in cities around the country on Saturday to demand recognition of what they say is their candidate's resounding victory in a presidential vote nearly three weeks ago.
The country's electoral authority, considered by the opposition to be an arm of the ruling party, has said President Nicolas Maduro won his third term in the July 28 contest, with just under 52% of the vote.

But the opposition, led by former lawmaker Maria Corina Machado, has published online what it says are 83% of voting machine tallies, which give its candidate Edmundo Gonzalez a hearty 67% support.
The disputed vote has thrown the economically beleaguered nation into political crisis, and a government crackdown on protests has led to at least 2,400 arrests. Clashes connected to the protests have also led to at least 23 deaths.

Lets hope they have the will to hold on till they can drive Maduro out
i don't know. every right winger from boisonairo to kari lake claims these huge victories that never occurred.

i'm not sure what is going on in caraccas, but the new york times probably doesn't know either.

i don't know. every right winger from boisonairo to kari lake claims these huge victories that never occurred.

i'm not sure what is going on in caraccas, but the new york times probably doesn't know either.

I try to avoid US news sources as much as I can.

This is a pretty good source for what is happening in that part of the world

Forum List

Back