What time do you usually wake up ????

Gotcha.

One of the things I am looking forward to when we move to Panama is that the daylight/darkness ratio only changes a few minutes all year.
Ironically after they go outside and do their business, get a drink of water and eat some food, the dogs go back to sleep. I remain awake for the day.
I am only here to serve these dogs......

Ironically after they go outside and do their business, get a drink of water and eat some food, the dogs go back to sleep. I remain awake for the day.

I feel your pain. One of my cats, the one that sleeps in the bed with us, has started getting up at 3am and if I shut the door he just scratches and meows so I have taken to locking him in the spare bathroom and then trying to go back to sleep.

I feel your pain. One of my cats, the one that sleeps in the bed with us, has started getting up at 3am and if I shut the door he just scratches and meows so I have taken to locking him in the spare bathroom and then trying to go back to sleep.
My cats can be demanding as well. For example, if they can see the bottom of the food dish, there is no sleeping until the kibbles are replenished.

I, too, am a doorman for my dogs who never seem to be entirely satisfied no matter which side of the door they are on.

In other words, they're always in-and-out, in-and-out, in-and-out, however, usually it's chronic pain from multiple, old wounds and injuries that prevent me from getting more than 4 hours of sleep.

I used to have nightmares because of Military service in S.E. Asia (Laos & Vietnam) that would make me dread going to sleep no matter how tired I was.

Since I, too, am only here to serve my dogs, I've found that my old wheelchair is great at dinnertime for simply rolling over to the door, letting the dogs in or out and not having to get up, walk over to the door and stand there while "the boys" decide if they really want to come inside and beg for food or not.

I'm scheduled for a Sleep Study at the V.A. and would be happy to discuss that and other sleep issues with anyone interested.

Thanks,

Forum List

Back