The Pole To Beat All Polls

What would a seriously great pole look like?

• Lots of choices

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Few choices

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Russ Alllah Gehry

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2016
What would a seriously great poll look like? Does anyone have suggestions on how many answers a seriously great poll would have?

Polls suck. They almost NEVER have the answer I want to give as a choice.

There was a great one on Fox this morning, saying that 50% believe Trump is too accommodating to Russia and almost that many think he's creating too much friction with China. The commentator tried to spin it "Half the country thinks he's fine on Russia!" What a bunch of Trumpbots!

There was a great one on Fox this morning, saying that 50% believe Trump is too accommodating to Russia and almost that many think he's creating too much friction with China. The commentator tried to spin it "Half the country thinks he's fine on Russia!" What a bunch of Trumpbots!

FOX did no better on polling pre-election than anyone else.

Polls suck. They almost NEVER have the answer I want to give as a choice.
Yup.

Thinking that through a bit, one idea might be to use degrees in questions to judge intensity of opinion - "On a scale of one through ten, do you think..."

Obviously that wouldn't cover all answers, but at least we could draw some empirical judgements when trying to gauge interest and predict results.

Does that mean you think their poll was WRONG? I think it means Trump sucks at foreign relations and half the country is smart enough to know it.

What would a seriously great poll look like? Does anyone have suggestions on how many answers a seriously great poll would have?
My suggest is , to not have any polls that way they cant get it wrong. The most important poll is the election where people "ACTUALLY" make up their minds. Trump won, the popular vote in most of the states, which is why he will be the next president of the US.

2016-Electoral-College-Map.jpg

Does that mean you think their poll was WRONG? I think it means Trump sucks at foreign relations and half the country is smart enough to know it.

No, it means that FOX polls are skewed, like nearly all polls, or it was an online click-the-button poll.

I don't participate in polls, and generally laugh at them when they are posted on line.

most of the polls I saw here had it in the bag for the old bag, winning in a landslide.

I have less reason to believe them now

as a tribute to the typo in the header, here is the pole to beat all polls

th

How come you haven't mentioned Russia yet?

Nothing to say. I'm not on the Russia stole the election bandwagon.

Nothing to say. I'm not on the Russia stole the election bandwagon.
Well they did! Get on it! We have to stop that orange cheeto bastard!

Seems to me lots of choices or few choices would depend on the subject being polled.

Which type of wine do you prefer?
-Red
-White

What's your favorite kind of pie?
-Apple
-Cherry
-Peach
-Strawberry
-Hair
-Coconut Cream
-Pumpkin
-Other