The Poop Train's Reign Of Terror In Small-Town Alabama Has Ended

Anyone have any idea how many gallons of sewage is generated in New York City on an average day? Also, anyone have any idea when raw sewage becomes anaerobic, thus turning into septuagenarian rather than sewage? And does anyone have an idea why the zoning regulations in Alabama are so loose as to accept septuagenarian in landfills? Are those landfills lined with low permeable soils in order to prevent leaching into ground water sources?

And does anyone know what it takes to develop a waste water treatment plant to handle sewage?

Yeah, it takes a civic-minded consciousness. It's not like the methods aren't time-tested and proven. Probably a Civil Engineer should have provided for that years ago. 'Sup NY? What's happenin' with y'all?
The same civic-minded consciousness that allows bridges to fall, roads to become riddled with potholes, electric lines to fail and water to be tainted with hazardous materials?

That's all it takes? Civic-minded consciousness?

If only the comptrollers of communities realized that! All it takes is civic-minded consciousness.

Apparently the comptrollers of that community shirked their duties, and shipped their citizen's doodies down south. Sad.
Shirked their duties? Because the money was laying on the floor and they were tripping over it?

Anyone have any idea how many gallons of sewage is generated in New York City on an average day? Also, anyone have any idea when raw sewage becomes anaerobic, thus turning into septuagenarian rather than sewage? And does anyone have an idea why the zoning regulations in Alabama are so loose as to accept septuagenarian in landfills? Are those landfills lined with low permeable soils in order to prevent leaching into ground water sources?

And does anyone know what it takes to develop a waste water treatment plant to handle sewage?

Yeah, it takes a civic-minded consciousness. It's not like the methods aren't time-tested and proven. Probably a Civil Engineer should have provided for that years ago. 'Sup NY? What's happenin' with y'all?
The same civic-minded consciousness that allows bridges to fall, roads to become riddled with potholes, electric lines to fail and water to be tainted with hazardous materials?

If only the comptrollers of communities realized that! All it takes is civic-minded consciousness.

Apparently the comptrollers of that community shirked their duties, and shipped their citizen's doodies down south. Sad.
Shirked their duties? Because the money was laying on the floor and they were tripping over it?

Do you have ary a fucking idea how much taxes people in NY pay? :cuckoo:

They pay..let's see.. thrice what people in my state pay. We have water treatment plants all over the place, though.

Lots. Everything there is expensive.

So how is it they can't get their "shit" together, aye>?

Don't know. I'm guessing they are either spending all their time in traffic or climbing those damn stairs to the subway, and don't get around to doing anything else.

Don't know. I'm guessing they are either spending all their time in traffic or climbing those damn stairs to the subway, and don't get around to doing anything else.

iu

They pay..let's see.. thrice what people in my state pay. We have water treatment plants all over the place, though.

In an ideal world, that solid waste would be taken and converted to Milorganite for fertilizer, but let's face the real issue here---- we have far too many people and we are simply running out of resources to deal with it. Just as a human body has an ideal weight, the USA should aim to get its population back down to about 200 million.

In an ideal world, that solid waste would be taken and converted to Milorganite for fertilizer, but let's face the real issue here---- we have far too many people and we are simply running out of resources to deal with it. Just as a human body has an ideal weight, the USA should aim to get its population back down to about 200 million.

Did the mayor of the city sign off on this, or what? PoopGate, 2018.

I'm guessing some company near the little town contracted to take the shit but wasn't prepared for it when it showed up. If that was the case, you can't blame New York. Blame the cheap bastards that didn't deal with the shit like they were supposed to.

You do realize that's a piss-poor excuse, amirite?

Sounds like shitty preperation to me.

preparation*

preparation*

Spelling Nazi

preparation*

Spelling Nazi

:dunno: It is what it is.

The title alone is sooooo fruitful for humor and political innuendo....but alas, it's real!

It's not often a town of roughly 1,000 makes national news. But then, it's not often a town faces a plight so ripe for media attention as Parrish, Ala.

For upwards of two months, a train brimming with sewage sludge has been squatting uninvited near fields used for youth baseball, simmering in the afternoon sun, making its noisome presence known even in the darkness of night. In a word, Mayor Heather Hall told The Associated Press earlier this week, "it smells like death."

But it appears the tiny town may finally be waking from its long nightmare.

"I have wonderful news," Hall announced Wednesday on Facebook, in what one might describe as a remarkable understatement.

She explained that the containers of excrement aboard that train have been transported to and emptied at their intended destination, the landfill operated by Big Sky Environmental about 25 miles away. A few containers remained at the Parrish rail yard as of Wednesday afternoon, but she reassured her constituents those were just empties, soon to be removed, as well.

But one might reasonably ask, what were some 250 tractor-trailer loads (or about 10 million pounds) of poop doing just sitting in a residential area? The more mathematically minded among us have probably already noted that comes out to roughly 5 tons of poop per capita in Parrish, which seems excessive.

The EPA estimates a family of four produces 1 pount of sewage sludge a day, yes I actually looked this up because I think every single tidbit of knowledge will at some point come in handy while writing. 8.5 million people in New York, divided roughly by 4, 2 million lbs a day. So the train had a weeks worth of New York Loaf.

So my question, after the CARS are emptied, does someone hose them out? That would require a hazmat suit the likes of which I've never seen. And during the 'cleaning' of the cars, does anyone get in there to make sure they are actually clean? I knew someone that worked at one of the top apple juice factories and their job was getting in the big stainless steel juice carrier tractor-trailers and washing them out really well.

Ok that's enough research on this subject.

I'm guessing some company near the little town contracted to take the shit but wasn't prepared for it when it showed up. If that was the case, you can't blame New York. Blame the cheap bastards that didn't deal with the shit like they were supposed to.

The city here deals with its own poop all the time. They even drink the recycled pee water, and it tastes great!

Lotsa flouride and chlorine! Da! (Is "Da" German?) At least they don't ship it up to NY to dispose of. :uhoh3:

What is this? Musical poo trains? :uhoh3:

The title alone is sooooo fruitful for humor and political innuendo....but alas, it's real!

It's not often a town of roughly 1,000 makes national news. But then, it's not often a town faces a plight so ripe for media attention as Parrish, Ala.

For upwards of two months, a train brimming with sewage sludge has been squatting uninvited near fields used for youth baseball, simmering in the afternoon sun, making its noisome presence known even in the darkness of night. In a word, Mayor Heather Hall told The Associated Press earlier this week, "it smells like death."

But it appears the tiny town may finally be waking from its long nightmare.

"I have wonderful news," Hall announced Wednesday on Facebook, in what one might describe as a remarkable understatement.

She explained that the containers of excrement aboard that train have been transported to and emptied at their intended destination, the landfill operated by Big Sky Environmental about 25 miles away. A few containers remained at the Parrish rail yard as of Wednesday afternoon, but she reassured her constituents those were just empties, soon to be removed, as well.

But one might reasonably ask, what were some 250 tractor-trailer loads (or about 10 million pounds) of poop doing just sitting in a residential area? The more mathematically minded among us have probably already noted that comes out to roughly 5 tons of poop per capita in Parrish, which seems excessive.

Have they not heard of septic tanks in rural Alabama or what?

You do know Septic tanks have to be emptied don’t you?

Forum List

Back