The POTUS called rioters thugs which of course has racist roots

There is no value in using demeaning terms such as "thug."

There are, of course, thugs of every ethnicity.

But in certain contexts, we all know that the word "thug" is a codeword for a young gentleman of a "certain" ethnicity.

I remember that President Obama's second Attorney General requested that people stop using the term "thug."

President Trump calls it as it is. But maybe he should be more diplomatic. His unkind reference to certain underdeveloped nations, for example, was really uncalled for. I am glad that he has stopped referring to the "Chinese virus." Some American ignoramuses (of ALL ethnicities) have been abusing Asian Americans.

But in certain contexts, we all know that the word "thug" is a codeword for a young gentleman of a "certain" ethnicity.

I remember that President Obama's second Attorney General requested that people stop using the term "thug."

President Trump calls it as it is. But maybe he should be more diplomatic. His unkind reference to certain underdeveloped nations, for example, was really uncalled for. I am glad that he has stopped referring to the "Chinese virus." Some American ignoramuses (of ALL ethnicities) have been abusing Asian Americans.

It is correctly called the Wuhan Virus....get it straight.

Correct, he should not call them thugs, he should call them what they really are, uncivilized solders of Satan.

Bullshit. Identify them for what they are...

Cool, then it's not racist...

Well, golly, I wonder why?

thug-life.jpg

But his first AG was apparently fine with it, as was Obama...

President Trump calls it as it is. But maybe he should be more diplomatic.

Fuck diplomacy. That's part of the reason we are where we are; people are afraid of hurting the feelings of others. Call it as it is, and be unapologetic as fuck about it...

When I think of thug, I think of the image of the big gruff criminal - typically an older white man - threatening, hurting, people and destroying property. “Hitmen”. I am not surprised that the PC culture has mapped that term to racism because in fact they map any and everything to racism. “Dog whistles”.

Shit, holding any minority accountable these days is considered “racist”.

Forum List

Back