The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

As liberals try to hijack and distract from what this thread is all about I think it is important to post this once again to remind everyone.

:)

upload_2017-10-14_14-14-26.png

Obama creted millions of jobs, His "average" only reflects what a pile of shit Bush left.

Obama happened to be president at the right time - right at the bottom of a recession. .

The recession didn't end until after Obama pushed both the stimulus and the cars for clunkers (major legislation) through congress. A large influx of government spending that got the economy moving again.
Obama's failed stimulus bill was a failed jobs bill that contained over seven thousand pieces of Democratic party only pork and failed to keep unemployment under 8% as promised

Obamas cars program called for the destruction of used cars which hurt Americans.

Those two programs pushed the GDP into positive, ending the recession.

Study: 'Cash for Clunkers' an even bigger lemon than thought

WASHINGTON – The government’s "Cash for Clunkers" program – pitched as a plan to jump-start U.S. auto sales and clean up the environment by getting gas-guzzling vehicles off the road -- may have been a clunker itself, according to a new economic study.

Researchers at Texas A&M, in a recently released report, measured the impact of Cash for Clunkers on sales and found the program actually decreased industry revenue by $3 billion over a nine-to-11-month period. Meanwhile, the "stimulus" also cost taxpayers $3 billion.
It is amazing what lefties don't know.

Obama happened to be president at the right time - right at the bottom of a recession. .

The recession didn't end until after Obama pushed both the stimulus and the cars for clunkers (major legislation) through congress. A large influx of government spending that got the economy moving again.
Obama's failed stimulus bill was a failed jobs bill that contained over seven thousand pieces of Democratic party only pork and failed to keep unemployment under 8% as promised

Obamas cars program called for the destruction of used cars which hurt Americans.

Those two programs pushed the GDP into positive, ending the recession.

Study: 'Cash for Clunkers' an even bigger lemon than thought

WASHINGTON – The government’s "Cash for Clunkers" program – pitched as a plan to jump-start U.S. auto sales and clean up the environment by getting gas-guzzling vehicles off the road -- may have been a clunker itself, according to a new economic study.

Researchers at Texas A&M, in a recently released report, measured the impact of Cash for Clunkers on sales and found the program actually decreased industry revenue by $3 billion over a nine-to-11-month period. Meanwhile, the "stimulus" also cost taxpayers $3 billion.
It is amazing what lefties don't know.

Worse than that, everything they know is wrong.

With final years of his presidency included Obama managed to slip in just below Reagan. Trump is off to a fine start.

upload_2017-10-14_18-41-26.png

A real rating is not the average unemployment, but the change in unemployment between what they inherited, and what they left.

It's like measuring the average lead of a driver in the third leg of the 24 hours of LeMans. You would think somebody who started out 3 laps ahead, after losing 5 laps, ending up 2 laps behind, but had an average 1/2 lap lead was doing a great job.

And somebody starting 3 laps behind and made up 5 laps taking a 2 lap lead but averaged 1/2 lap behind, was doing a bad job.

With final years of his presidency included Obama managed to slip in just below Reagan. Trump is off to a fine start.

You realize Trump could have been assassinated the day after he took office, and he would still hold the same average unemployment position.

Yep, I think taking the difference between were they started and ended and then calculating it on an annual percent would make a lot more sense. But it was first time I looked at this thread and when I noticed it was from 2013 I got to wondering how things eventually turned out?

Yep, I think taking the difference between were they started and ended and then calculating it on an annual percent would make a lot more sense. But it was first time I looked at this thread and when I noticed it was from 2013 I got to wondering how things eventually turned out?

It's like a relay race. How you do is based on both your performance and where you started. You can run the fastest leg of anybody, but if you had a big handicap, you're still behind.

Same if you inherited a big enough lead, you could be the slowest runner, and still end up ahead.

Obama and Clinton were really fast runners, but since they followed a Bush, they had a lot of distance to make up.

While the average unemployment rate is a meaningless throw away figure, trump ended the 83 month long streak of job growth
:cuckoo::laugh::lol:
Imbecile.

You are the imbecile...you have a fake scale tard...

Download:
Year
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.6 4.7 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 5.0
2008 5.0 4.9 5.1 5.0 5.4 5.6 5.8 6.1 6.1 6.5 6.8 7.3
2009 7.8 8.3 8.7 9.0 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.8 10.0 9.9 9.9
2010 9.8 9.8 9.9 9.9 9.6 9.4 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.4 9.8 9.3
2011 9.1 9.0 9.0 9.1 9.0 9.1 9.0 9.0 9.0 8.8 8.6 8.5
2012 8.3 8.3 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.1 7.8 7.8 7.7 7.9
2013 8.0 7.7 7.5 7.6 7.5 7.5 7.3 7.3 7.2 7.2 6.9 6.7
2014 6.6 6.7 6.7 6.2 6.3 6.1 6.2 6.2 5.9 5.7 5.8 5.6
2015 5.7 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.3 5.2 5.1 5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0
2016 4.9 4.9 5.0 5.0 4.7 4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 4.8 4.6 4.7
2017 4.8 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.4 4.2
You are truly a dummy...you need to find a new website for the duped...BUUUUAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEEHEEHEEHAHAHAHOHOHOHEEHAHAHA!
Unemployment is lower than it has been in.....well 8 years...Hmmmmmmmm Obama years!!!! LMFAO 4.2 baby!

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
Imbecile.... I said the streak of job growth came to an end. Have someone with more patience than myself explain the difference between job growth and the unemployment rate to ya. :eusa_doh:

Oh, and while you're bitching about the website I used for the statistics I showed, have someone else explain to ya that I used the same source as the source for the unemployment rates you posted.

:banana:Unemployment going down stock market going up and the idiot libs here can't or won't see and except it:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Moron....

The unemployment rate under Obama went down from its recession high of 10.0% to 4.8%, a 52% decrease. Rightards attacked Obama over unemployment. It's down 13% under trump and rightards finally cheer.

The Dow under Obama went from its recession low of 6600 to 19800, a 200% increase and rightards attacked Obama over it.. It's up 16% under trump and rightards finally cheer.

He's talking job creation, not unemployment.

Trump ended the Obama record for continuous job creation
There was no job creation under Obama...the proof is in the unemployment rate. You don't have a positive rate of growth in jobs when so many don't have one...the graph he posted is ridiculous...The two don't jive son....
Imbecile....

The unemployment rate peaked at 10% under Obama and was down to 4.8% and dropping when he left office. Even the numbers you posted reflected that. During that period, there were some 15 million jobs added according to the same source you linked, the BLS.

Don't you ever tire of making an ass of yourself?

Thank you for proving my point....

Only if your point was that under Obama we had a huge drop in unemployment a huge rise in the stock market, And an economy that went from deep recession to the longest continuous job growth in history.
No my point once again for the slow thinkers was the closer Obama got to the inevitable end of his terrible reign the more comfortable the business community felt about adding employees and investing. His term in office was an economic nightmare for the people and we sent him and folks like him packing by electing Trump....Thank God we did!
Ummm... the drop in unemployment began during Obama's first term and continued throughout his second term.

So much for that nonsense you referred to as your point, huh? :lmao:

The monthly unemployment rate for September 2017 was 4.2%. This is the 9th unemployment report with Trump in office, his 9th month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 4.48% in August to 4.44% in September.

The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Gerald Ford: 7.77%

Average Unemployment Rates for US Presidents since after World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Donald Trump: 4.44%
04. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
05. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
06. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
07. George W. Bush: 5.27%
08. John Kennedy: 5.98%
09. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
10. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
11. Barack Obama: 7.45%
12. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
13. Gerald Ford: 7.77%

There are 39 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 63.1%, up from 62.9% in August.
While the average unemployment rate is a meaningless throw away figure, trump ended the 83 month long streak of job growth.
Which month in his presidency had a decline in the number of jobs?
Last month...

No my point once again for the slow thinkers was the closer Obama got to the inevitable end of his terrible reign the more comfortable the business community felt about adding employees and investing. His term in office was an economic nightmare for the people and we sent him and folks like him packing by electing Trump....Thank God we did!

Here's unemployment under Obama

View attachment 154396

Add the longest continuous job growth in the history of the country.

Until Trump blew it in september.
Obama happened to be president at the right time - right at the bottom of a recession. Doing nothing would have been better than all the crap Obama signed.

Look at the chart below, it shows unemployment turned the corner virtually the day Obama was innaugurated. How can anyone honestly claim that Obama deserves the credit for that?

iu
Well, no, it shows unemployment turned the corner a few months after Obama became president; after he signed ARRA into law.

Forum List

Back