The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

The government doesn't make jobs period. Best they can muster is a bureaucrat. That is not a value added job.

See, it's "free money" because it delivers more than it costs. The whole country should just go on welfare and we'll all be RICH!
Clinton was a centrist and stole welfare reform from the GOP, just like NAFTA.
You're a 'tard.
NAFTA was Raygun's baby, just like GATT. Clinton just signed it into law given to him by a con congress. You should except REAL history instead of trying to re write it. Your "comic book history" just makes you look like a moron. Funny how morons don't see themselves as such, they just call others 'tards, because sandbox banter is the best they have.

I can't take anyone seriously who writes "except" for "accept." really. Are you hung over all the time or just when you aren't drinking?

Obviously you couldn't refute the NAFTA/GATT part so...Thanks for proving my point, that sandbox banter is all you got. Hungover or
"hung over"? Pot, meet kettle.

The government doesn't make jobs period. Best they can muster is a bureaucrat. That is not a value added job.
I'm surprised you've never heard of the pentagon. They employ millions of military contract workers.

Fair warning liberal pond scum, I'm back.
Oh goody, the town clown is hear to entertain us.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you've never heard of the pentagon. They employ millions of military contract workers.

Fair warning liberal pond scum, I'm back.
Oh goody, the town clown is hear to entertain us.

Thanks for identifying yourself as pond scum, I would have figured it out pretty quick anyways.

When you work for the government, you're a bureaucrat dimwit.

GR2010010101701.gif
XTwvwuf.jpg

Deflection is your only friend rdean. You know, not only is the unemployment rate extremely high, but the jobs that actually are being created are LOWER paying ones. That coupled with the fact employment will not recover during Obama's term is damning.

Barrack Obama: 8.86%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.86%

I'd tell you how that has more to do with W. and the do-nothing congress, but you wouldn't understand.

The really sad part is this recession/depression didn't have to last this long. Obama's very policies are how it last this long. No one to blame but himself.

Why "since WWII"?

Because FDR also inherited a depression from a clueless Republican.

Why "since WWII"?

You mean FDR that lied the US into WWII and attacked a nation that did not attack the US?

I'd tell you how that has more to do with W. and the do-nothing congress, but you wouldn't understand.

And the far left Obama propaganda drones continue to post their mindless drivel based on the DNC programming.

Why "since WWII"?

You mean FDR that lied the US into WWII and attacked a nation that did not attack the US?

No, the FDR who inherited a depression from a clueless Republican.

Just like President Obama (praise be unto Him!)

How do USMB Right wingers ignore these comments? There are plenty of Republicans suffering from GOP obstructionism.

These fools are on your side.

They mock the Tea Party and pass budgets that spend trillions in deficit spending every year.

These two are merely tools for progressives like yourself. They have the added bonus of being blamed for all the worlds problems, because God knows Obama and the rest of his cronies are blameless saints.

nothing like creative lying and I guess you have failed again When FDR came to office unemployment was at 24.9% ... FDR in 1937 still had an unemployment rate of 13.2% in 1937 which actually rose to 19.8% a year later. the rise was caused once again by dems listening to republicans ... FDR then reversed his position and unemployment went down before WW2 ... at the start of the war it was 14%... so nice try in spinning your lie here ... on and by the way the crash was caused by republicans deregulating the banks ... sound Filmillure ??? ...

P.S.
unemployment is at 6.7% right now

Do you understand the term "since World War II"!? Were talking about unemployment rate since the END of World War II.

Sorry, but Obama has the highest average unemployment rate of any President since World War II, currently at 8.65%. The monthly unemployment rate for December 2013 was 6.7% but that is just for the month of December 2013 AND IS NOT THE AVERAGE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE SINCE OBAMA BECAME PRESIDENT! UNDERSTAND?

Also, the average unemployment rate during World War II from 1939 through 1945 for the United States was 7.34%. SO EVEN if we accepted your definition of "since World War II", Obama would still have the highest average unemployment rate of any of the Presidents!

As I pointed out to the other 2 idiots who tried to defend your position the word since is defied as followed

since
1) during or throughout the period of time after ...

you didn't say when they US inter, you didn't say after, you said SINCE WW2 if you don't comprehend what your writing or talking about then stop it... WW2 started in the beginning of 1939 ... in 1939 according to wikipedia unemployment rates were 14% if you can show me different then so be it ... as for obama's unemployment rates, they are at 6.7% still better then the rates that you tried showing us here as being better ... so if you want to make him look bad, fine ...but you need to understand what you're talking about .... in this case you fucked it up big time trying to slam Obama down... try again...

Look, its pretty obvious what I meant even if the English I used to express that was technically wrong.

But that's really irrelevant because it appears that you do not understand the other things in the thread title.

1. This is about the worst AVERAGE unemployment rate since World War II, or as I should have said to make more clear, since the END of World War II.

2. A Presidents average unemployment rate is ALL the monthly unemployment rates added together and then divided by the number of months in office. THAT IS THE AVERAGE. It is NOT last months unemployment rate of 6.7% or the unemployment rate for the year 1939 which was 17.2%

3. If your starting year is 1939, then Roosevelt would be on the list with an average unemployment rate of 7.34%. You get Roosevelts average by adding up the annual unemployment rates from 1939 through 1945, the last year he was in office. Its NOT 14% in 1939 or 1.2% in 1944. Those are unemployment rates for single years and NOT the average from 1939 to 1945.

4. Obama has had 60 months in the White House. The average unemployment rate during Obama's time office, those 60 months, is 8.65%. Obama is still an active President with 36 months left in office and as time goes by and those unemployment rates become known they will be averaged in to his running total which will present a new number.

5. The average unemployment rate during George W. Bush's 96 months in office was 5.27%. For Clinton it was slightly lower at 5.20%. The Average unemployment rate for a President is NOT the first month he was in office or the last month he was in office, it is the average of all the months the President was in office!

lets look at a recent statement about unemployment by Chris Christie ... he was telling new Jersey citizens that since he's been governor unemployment has dropped to 7.8% ... he was bragging about these numbers to the press and they all wrote about it on how a great job he's doing ... yet Obama has brought down the unemployment numbers to 6.7 % and all along the way where he did his best, with no help from the right, not one of you righties here or in the country, has said he did a good job where everybody in Jersey are happy as hell over Christies numbers ... why's that???

The the labor participation rate was not at 62.8% and still at 66% as it was under Bush, the unemployment rate would be 11%. The unemployment rate has dropped the last few years because people have dropped out of the labor force!

that didn't work under bush and it won't work here under obama ... people have dropped out ... how many have dropped out??? you have a number on that ??? where they have counted by some body ??? do you have a number on how many people who dropped out ???? didn't think so so ... if you're going to say it doesn't count under republicans, guess what ??? it doesn't count under Dems ... you can't have it both ways ...

It counts under everybody, but the labor force participation rate while Bush was in office was almost always around 66%. That's the highest in the nations history with the exception of a few months under Clinton when it reached 67%.

Now for the first time in history, the labor force participation rate has been steadily dropping. As the labor force shrinks, it masks the true level of real unemployment through out the country. The monthly unemployment rate only counts people actively looking for employment and receiving compensation. People that are without work and are not actively looking are not included in the monthly unemployment rate.

Hence, if the labor force participation rate was still at 66% like it was under Bush, the monthly unemployment rate would be about 11% based on the number of people currently employed and the population of people aged 16 and over in the country.

Forum List

Back