The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

It is so enjoyable to listen to someone, such as yourself, waltzing around professing your faith so vehemently;yet when you get any opportunity you insult someone. What a great faith you profess to practice.
keep your faith figures and replicas out of schools and publicly owned(such as courthouses and such) out of their. Thank you.
:eusa_whistle:
You a christian? My ass and your faith.

As long as it is not in a public building.
keep it with your friends and congregations but not in or around or on public buildings.

Nope, I can share my words with everyone.

And you can't do a thing about it.

Of course I can discuss my religion and my faith in a public building, ding dong.

I do it all the time.

I can also hold signs referencing my faith, and hang out on street corners singing songs of faith if I like.

All perfectly legal, all protected under the first amendment. Which is why so many people love the US.

And as a public figure, I can reference my faith in my speeches, and I can consult my faith when I make decisions.

Because that's what freedom of religion and freedom of speech means. People do it every single day in this country. It is the definition of freedom.

Please, move to Yemen.

How is telling you that I have a right to profess my faith an insult to you?

I simply told you I have the right (in response to being told to keep it under wraps) and that if you don't like it, you should move to a country more in line with your views.

Whenever fascists hear things they don't like, they cry wolf. Has anyone else noticed that?

If you dare to tell them that you don't think homosexuals are being oppressed, they tell you you're a homophobe.

If you tell them you have a right to profess your faith, they accuse you of insulting them.

It's so juvenile. Learn to converse, or stop boring the rest of us with your drivel.

That might qualify as an insult. But again, if one is going to be accused of it anyway, let's make it count...

Pretend all you want it will always suit you now won't it.
Ignorance looks well on you for it is the only thing you know.

How is telling you that I have a right to profess my faith an insult to you?

I simply told you I have the right (in response to being told to keep it under wraps) and that if you don't like it, you should move to a country more in line with your views.

Last edited:
Now you aren't even making sense. There's nothing ignorant in knowing what the first amendment says.

And, I don't see the harm in public displays of religious teachings, so long as they are tolerant of others, and all have an equal right to display their teachings. I'm positive the Founders never thought this would ever be an issue.

Of course they thought it would be an issue. They had Europe to look to for how religion negatively affected governance.

That's why there's mention of specific religions in the US Constitution and no religious test in running for office.

People are free to practice their religion on their private property and in church or in a setting that is not owned or operated by the government. They can do it almost anywhere. They just can't do it everywhere.

And with ALL that freedom of worship, for some reason there are people who absolutely insist on bringing it into the public sector. Now, why do you think that is? It's because it's not about their faith. It's about trying to get an official government approval for their faith above that of other faiths.

Last edited:
I just don't see the disagreement here. There's no denying a breakdown in the nuclear family. There's no denying the number of abortions simply cannot be attributed to crimes against women, or even the occassional slip to passion over reason. In 1963, JFK was vulnerable, but he liked his chances againt Goldwater's view of citizens' duty to fellow citizen. I never thought I'd see a presidential nominee saying cutting aid to allow working women access mamograms was good economic policy. Aside from a lack of compassion and civility, it makes no healthcare policy or economic sense. And, I'm saying Mitt's a cretin, but he was looking for votes from cretins.

The only question I see is whether society's retreat from treating our fellows as Paul encouraged us to treat them, is the result of a progressive war on Chrisitanity, or Christianity's failure to make it's message relevant to many Americans.

That would have to be the latter, given the fact the former is a myth.

Religion didn't negatively affect governance in Europe. Quite the opposite. Governance negatively affected religion...

And now they have tossed it out, look how great they're doing!

Oh wait, they still have Islam. Thank goodness!

And, I don't see the harm in public displays of religious teachings, so long as they are tolerant of others, and all have an equal right to display their teachings. I'm positive the Founders never thought this would ever be an issue.

As no one does, this has never been at issue. It was never the Framers’ intent to remove all religion from government; there are times when religious expression in government is appropriate, and times when it is not, given the specifics of a particular case and how it relates to the case law.

The issue concerns the incorrect position by many on the religious right that Establishment Clause jurisprudence somehow ‘violates’ religious expression, when in fact it does not; to maintain otherwise is a failed and ignorant ‘argument.’

Religion didn't negatively affect governance in Europe. Quite the opposite. Governance negatively affected religion...

Horseshit. The First Estate was the freaking kingmaker before that term existed. The Liberal Founders of this country were specifically putting distance between that and themselves in the very Amendment you cited. And that's a good thing.

One must agree that this is a stunningly ignorant comment.

From the Fertile Crescent civilizations 7,500 years ago to the dogma of the Divine Right of kings that existed well into the 19th Century, religion has been the source of immeasurable suffering and tyranny in countless Western Civilization governments; as already correctly noted, the First Amendment was specifically created to bring an end to that immeasurable suffering and tyranny, and prevent it from manifesting in the government of the American Republic.

One must agree that this is a stunningly ignorant comment.

From the Fertile Crescent civilizations 7,500 years ago to the dogma of the Divine Right of kings that existed well into the 19th Century, religion has been the source of immeasurable suffering and tyranny in countless Western Civilization governments; as already correctly noted, the First Amendment was specifically created to bring an end to that immeasurable suffering and tyranny, and prevent it from manifesting in the government of the American Republic.

Says the non degreed student.

As no one does, this has never been at issue. It was never the Framers’ intent to remove all religion from government; there are times when religious expression in government is appropriate, and times when it is not, given the specifics of a particular case and how it relates to the case law.

The issue concerns the incorrect position by many on the religious right that Establishment Clause jurisprudence somehow ‘violates’ religious expression, when in fact it does not; to maintain otherwise is a failed and ignorant ‘argument.’

No links. Of course not. There never are.

No links. Of course not. There never are.

Of course not. You're just supposed to accept what pseudo-intellectuals say because they think they're really smart, so you should too!

You ninny, the official state religion of a new king or queen could mean the difference between peace and war in Europe as alliances changed as a result.

For crying out loud, read a book or something because there's no excuse for such an ignorant comment like that.

European wars of religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You ninny, the official state religion of a new king or queen could mean the difference between peace and war in Europe as alliances changed as a result.

For crying out loud, read a book or something because there's no excuse for such an ignorant comment like that.

True.

And the religion of a given monarch or the state often proved to be deadly to minority religious comminutes:

Thirty Years' War ? History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

True.

And the religion of a given monarch or the state often proved to be deadly to minority religious comminutes:

Thirty Years' War ? History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Yeah that was a pretty ignorant statement.

Northern Ireland? Hello?

Compared to the millions killed by atheist communist regimes...it pales in comparison.

I suggest you read books, and get your nose out of wiki. It's not a good place from which to amass a wealth of historical knowledge.

Forum List

Back