The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

Yes, it is historically accurate. The worst mass killings have been undertaken by atheist regimes.

Sorry.

How would you know that? There was no video or audio recordings of the slaughter humans engaged in hundreds of years ago. You should read a book on ancient history sometime if you want your eyes opened to the sheer depths of human depravity that existed in people who considered themselves to be quite Godly in their own time.

In fact, one of the famous stories from back in the days of the crusades is when Christian soldiers would force people to renounce their faith and proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and then behead them immediately thereafter because they thought they were saving their souls in the process. I don't know if you've ever heard about that, so forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know, but the reason why they thought they were saving their souls is because the Christian soldiers understood that once they left, the Muslims would just go back to their previous beliefs. So, the Christians thought they were doing them an eternal favor by killing them on the spot.

In fact, the atheistic practice of a bullet in the brain and/or death in a gas chamber are far less cruel (and therefore, more mericiful) ways to die than what was employed in the days of the Inquisition when torture was intentional and prolonged.

Last edited:
Slaughter of Christian Women and Children in Muslim Lands

December 19, 2013 by Raymond Ibrahim

1789-450x322.jpg

Two of the most tragic Islamic attacks on Christians, killing several women and children, took place in the month of October, one in Syria another in Egypt.

On October 21 in Syria, the U.S.-supported Islamic rebels invaded and occupied the ancient Christian settlement of Sadad for over a week, till ousted by the military. During that week, “the largest massacre of Christians in Syria,” in the words of Orthodox Archbishop Alnemeh, took place. Among other things, 45 Christians—including women and children—were killed, several tortured to death; mass graves were discovered; all of Sadad’s 14 churches, some ancient, were ransacked and destroyed; the bodies of six people from one family, ranging from ages 16 to 90, were found buried at the bottom of a well (an increasingly common fate for “subhuman” Christians).

The jihadis even made a graphic video (with English subtitles) of those whom they massacred, while shouting Islam’s victory-cry, “Allahu Akbar” (or “Allah is greater,” which John McCain equated to a Christian saying “thank God”). Another video, made after Sadad was liberated, shows more graphic atrocities.

The day before rebels invaded Sadad, on Sunday, October 20, the Church of the Virgin Mary in Warraq near Cairo, Egypt, was attacked during a wedding ceremony, leaving four dead and nearly two dozen wounded. According to a report issued by forensics, two of those murdered were young girls, each named Mary: 12-year-old Mary Nabil Fahmy, who took five shots in the chest, and 8-year-old Mary Ashraf Masih (“Masih” meaning “Christ”), who took a bullet in the back which burst from the front.

Slaughter of Christian Women and Children in Muslim Lands | FrontPage Magazine

Let me know when American Christians speak up (and criticize) instead of turning a blind eye to how Israelis engage in the indiscriminate killing of Palestinian Muslims.

Can you provide any information that the killing of Palestinians are not provoked through actions such as ... say ... firing missiles into Israel? Are you suggesting the Palestinian Muslims are peaceful with absolutely no hostilities toward their neighboring nation of Israel? If that's the case, I would be very interested in reading a link on such an article to that fact.

Yes, it is historically accurate. The worst mass killings have been undertaken by atheist regimes.

Sorry.

How would you know that? There was no video or audio recordings of the slaughter humans engaged in hundreds of years ago. You should read a book on ancient history sometime if you want your eyes opened to the sheer depths of human depravity that existed in people who considered themselves to be quite Godly in their own time.

In fact, one of the famous stories from back in the days of the crusades is when Christian soldiers would force people to renounce their faith and proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and then behead them immediately thereafter because they thought they were saving their souls in the process. I don't know if you've ever heard about that, so forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know, but the reason why they thought they were saving their souls is because the Christian soldiers understood that once they left, the Muslims would just go back to their previous beliefs. So, the Christians thought they were doing them an eternal favor by killing them on the spot.

In fact, the atheistic practice of a bullet in the brain and/or death in a gas chamber are far less cruel (and therefore, more mericiful) ways to die than what was employed in the days of the Inquisition when torture was intentional and prolonged.

Meh.

How many hundreds of years ago was that?

So let's have some contemporary stuff. Oh wait, you can't come up with any.

Nuff said. Commie/atheist regimes have killed hundreds of millions.

Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered
Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered
Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered
Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered
Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered
Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered
Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered
Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered
Adolf Hitler (Germany 1939-1945) 12,000,000 people murdered

Atheist Governments of the 20th Century: The Death Toll of Godless Goodness

Sorry.

Nonsense.

The bane of religion has been in existence for well over 10,000 years, if not longer. The countless wars and killing in the name of some god or religious dogma is immeasurable, and would clearly far exceed the death toll of ‘atheist’ regimes.

No, it doesn't. We know how many people have been killed.

This, folks, is typical of the lefty re-writing of history. It's complete balderdash.

Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered
Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered
Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered
Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered
Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered
Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered
Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered
Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered
Adolf Hitler (Germany 1939-1945) 12,000,000 people murdered

Atheist Governments of the 20th Century: The Death Toll of Godless Goodness

they didn't kill because they were atheist

they killed because they were evil-ass people

(and no, killing for communism is not "killing in the name of atheism" or whatever point you're trying to make with this)

Sorry.

Meh.

When did "historically accurate" become "contemporarily accurate"?

Slaughter of Christian Women and Children in Muslim Lands

December 19, 2013 by Raymond Ibrahim

1789-450x322.jpg

Two of the most tragic Islamic attacks on Christians, killing several women and children, took place in the month of October, one in Syria another in Egypt.

On October 21 in Syria, the U.S.-supported Islamic rebels invaded and occupied the ancient Christian settlement of Sadad for over a week, till ousted by the military. During that week, “the largest massacre of Christians in Syria,” in the words of Orthodox Archbishop Alnemeh, took place. Among other things, 45 Christians—including women and children—were killed, several tortured to death; mass graves were discovered; all of Sadad’s 14 churches, some ancient, were ransacked and destroyed; the bodies of six people from one family, ranging from ages 16 to 90, were found buried at the bottom of a well (an increasingly common fate for “subhuman” Christians).

The jihadis even made a graphic video (with English subtitles) of those whom they massacred, while shouting Islam’s victory-cry, “Allahu Akbar” (or “Allah is greater,” which John McCain equated to a Christian saying “thank God”). Another video, made after Sadad was liberated, shows more graphic atrocities.

The day before rebels invaded Sadad, on Sunday, October 20, the Church of the Virgin Mary in Warraq near Cairo, Egypt, was attacked during a wedding ceremony, leaving four dead and nearly two dozen wounded. According to a report issued by forensics, two of those murdered were young girls, each named Mary: 12-year-old Mary Nabil Fahmy, who took five shots in the chest, and 8-year-old Mary Ashraf Masih (“Masih” meaning “Christ”), who took a bullet in the back which burst from the front.

Slaughter of Christian Women and Children in Muslim Lands | FrontPage Magazine

Let me know when American Christians speak up (and criticize) instead of turning a blind eye to how Israelis engage in the indiscriminate killing of Palestinian Muslims.

Can you provide any information that the killing of Palestinians are not provoked through actions such as ... say ... firing missiles into Israel? Are you suggesting the Palestinian Muslims are peaceful with absolutely no hostilities toward their neighboring nation of Israel? If that's the case, I would be very interested in reading a link on such an article to that fact.

It's common knowledge in certain quarters in Israel. It's hushed up, of course. But many Israelis don't really care and take a very hostile attitude toward Israeli Jews who report it.

You can damn well bet that it's a well-known fact in the Palestinian areas, and it contributes to the Intifada attitude held by many increasingly militant Palestinians who are simply tired of peace talks that go nowhere while the Israeli settlements on Palestinian lands continue to be built. The increasing militant attitude is not surprising since that would be the same attitude if it was happening here.

But for the most part, it's not reported here which is one of the reasons you have to search the media from other countries to find evidence of it.

Israeli soldiers tell of indiscriminate killings by army and a culture of impunity | World news | The Guardian

It's common knowledge in certain quarters in Israel. It's hushed up, of course. But many Israelis don't really care and take a very hostile attitude toward Israeli Jews who report it.

You can damn well bet that it's a well-known fact in the Palestinian areas, and it contributes to the Intifada attitude held by many increasingly militant Palestinians who are simply tired of peace talks that go nowhere while the Israeli settlements on Palestinian lands continue to be built. The increasing militant attitude is not surprising since that would be the same attitude if it was happening here.

But for the most part, it's not reported here which is one of the reasons you have to search the media from other countries to find evidence of it.

Israeli soldiers tell of indiscriminate killings by army and a culture of impunity | World news | The Guardian

I still don't find any evidence that the Palestinians are a peaceful people that don't provoke the Israelites to cross their boarders with tanks. I do however hear about the many missile strikes that are sent into Israel, I just haven't found any evidence the nation fired any missiles into Palestine unprovoked. Perhaps you can provide an actual link source that can support such aggression of a "peaceful", neighborly Palestinian people, that is wiling to accept the rights of the Israelites to have a legitimate nation of their own?

Last edited:

I still don't find any evidence that the Palestinians are a peaceful people that don't provoke the Israelites to cross their boarders with tanks. I do however hear about the many missile strikes that are sent into Israel, I just haven't found any evidence the nation fired any missiles into Palestine unprovoked. Perhaps you can provide an actual link source that can support such aggression of a "peaceful", neighborly Palestinian people, that is wiling to accept the rights of the Israelites to have a legitimate nation of their own?

Any group of people anywhere in the world that is oppressed or suppressed with superior technology and a stronger military presence is likely to be cowed or complacent much of the time as they go about their business of working and raising their families like people do everywhere. That doesn't mean that they've accepted their lot in life. From time to time, there are likely to be flare ups whether it's an organized effort or a spontaneous one. To then call that uprising a provocation or to use it as an excuse to punish them with an assault that's out of all proportion to the uprising itself is typical of oppressors all around the world.

The fact of the matter is that there is no stronger lobbies for a foreign gov't in this country than the ones tied to Israel in one way or another. That includes domestic evangelical Christian groups, as well.

And these days, the American gov't tends to dance to the tune the Israeli gov't plays which is too bad because it hurts our credibility as an honest broker to both sides.

Meh.

So you agree that the Christian church is no longer the monster you claim (incorrectly, incidentally) it was a thousand years ago.

Got it.

Meh.

So you agree that the Christian church is no longer the monster you claim (incorrectly, incidentally) it was a thousand years ago.

Got it.

I'm aware the Christian Church is not nearly as bad today as it was ~400-500 years ago.

My personal opinion on the matter is that while people have killed in the name of God, no one has killed in the name of the lack of a God.

Sure, they've killed in the name of Communism. They've killed in the name of Aryan supremacy. They've killed in the name of Maoism.

None of those are atheism.

"Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation!"

Atheism and Mass Murder - Conservapedia

"“ Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao … The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.
The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand. "

Got it.

I'm aware the Christian Church is not nearly as bad today as it was ~400-500 years ago.

My personal opinion on the matter is that while people have killed in the name of God, no one has killed in the name of the lack of a God.

Sure, they've killed in the name of Communism. They've killed in the name of Aryan supremacy. They've killed in the name of Maoism.

None of those are atheism.

That's it - confuse the bigot with logic. Great.

Atheism = murder. It's all there in "Conservapedia". Which fails to point out that the last PM of Australia is an atheist. So was Abe Lincoln.

All of which is remarkably on topic for a thread on Bull O'Liarly's fake war for Xmas ratings.

Actually, the article is conservapedia.

The quotes are from others.

"Christian apologist Gregory Koukl wrote that "the assertion is that religion has caused most of the killing and bloodshed in the world. There are people who make accusations and assertions that are empirically false. This is one of them."[ Koukl details the number of people killed in various events involving theism and compares them to the much higher tens of millions of people killed under atheistic communist regimes, in which militant atheism served as the official doctrine of the state.[1]

"“ It is true that it's possible that religion can produce evil, and generally when we look closer at the detail it produces evil because the individual people are actually living in a rejection of the tenets of Christianity and a rejection of the God that they are supposed to be following. So it can produce it, but the historical fact is that outright rejection of God and institutionalizing of atheism actually does produce evil on incredible levels. We're talking about tens of millions of people as a result of the rejection of God.[1] "

"
Nobel Prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was asked to account for the great tragedies that occurred under the brutal communist regime he and fellow citizens suffered under.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn offered the following explanation:
“ Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.' Since then I have spend well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.' [9]"

You can whine about the source all you like. Atheists like to ignore the facts, that is in and of itself a fact. And they like facts to be swept under the rug, because the facts reveal them as they are.

Heartless, souless, without honor, dishonest.

Forum List

Back