The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

Hell, I am still working on the war on Thanksgiving. Sitting around with my dysfunctional family eating turkey and stuff, when I would rather be at home eating a steak and loaded baked potato. In fact, that is exactly what I am going to do. Besides, if I am not there, my brothers and sister will have someone to talk about.....

Hell, I am still working on the war on Thanksgiving. Sitting around with my dysfunctional family eating turkey and stuff, when I would rather be at home eating a steak and loaded baked potato. In fact, that is exactly what I am going to do. Besides, if I am not there, my brothers and sister will have someone to talk about.....

Yanno we should be able to telecommute that shit by now. ThanksgiviSkype.

Yanno we should be able to telecommute that shit by now. ThanksgiviSkype.
God what a depressing thought. My kid's a junior in college, and she doesn't come home, but I'm sticking with my lie to my family that she only has two days with us to ..... I'll give you a call.

6a00d8341bffd953ef019b0282a69f970b-pi

If we are going to have this War on Christmas, dont fight it ... acknowledge it by displaying the same kind of sense of humor over the issue, while making it a profitable one. I have to really commend this person for doing just that.

Church Group Angered They Must Step Over Homeless To Protest Starbucks

Christians all over the country have expressed their disgust that Starbucks holiday cup is merely red and bares no Christmas symbols. Some have taken their anger to the streets to protest the anti-Christmas corporation.

Several Christian churches located in Louisville Kentucky banded together in the spirit of unity to protest their local Starbucks. The group however, became angered when their protest was impeded by the fact that there were several homeless people in front of the store blocking the way.

Progressive Christmas: attacking God, Jesus & the cross:

11/29/12

The progressive war on Christmas - and Christianity in general - continues to rage on. The latest example comes from a small town in Kansas that found itself smack dab in the middle of a battle with progressives who were oh-so offended that a cross was on public property! Hear the oblivious local news report and get Glenn’s reaction on radio today.

Kansas town flirts with “progress” and loses traditional values

There is a sign in the town of Buhler, Kansas causing controversy in the news this week. The sign in the small town, described as a town rooted in “small town values”, featured a large cross, representative of much of the towns values. The sign is now being changed following a law suit from the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF).

---

seal.jpg

Glenn was referring to the slogan on the sign that on one version reads: “Our second century of progress,” and on another says, “Tradional Values. Progressive Ideas.”

Glenn pointed out that the town is ironically up in arms over a group wanting to remove the cross from the public sign — they don’t understand why.

Well, because it’s a progress organization and they’re pushing their “progressive ideas”.

“You’re eventually going to lose the cross in your seal if your seal has “progressive ideas” in it,” Glenn quipped. “No doubt about it.”

Glenn continued to point out the irony in the situation noting that the communities solution is to move the sign to private property.

“What is the progressive idea? The elimination of private property,” he said. “If you continue with these progressive ideals and ideas, you will lose your private property. Which means you have no place to have your point of view. None.”

The situation with this town’s sign is a great example of what progressivism does to traditional values, Glenn pointed out. The sign mixed the church with progressivism from the get-go.

---
Kansas town flirts with “progress” and loses traditional values – Glenn Beck
With progressives is an control thing... If they are not in it they want no one into it.
Hashtag control freaks
Oh. They are into it. They just want to suck the life out if it for everyone else.

And people don't have to purchase any of his trees.Good enough.

If we are going to have this War on Christmas, dont fight it ... acknowledge it by displaying the same kind of sense of humor over the issue, while making it a profitable one. I have to really commend this person for doing just that.

Church Group Angered They Must Step Over Homeless To Protest Starbucks

Christians all over the country have expressed their disgust that Starbucks holiday cup is merely red and bares no Christmas symbols. Some have taken their anger to the streets to protest the anti-Christmas corporation.

Several Christian churches located in Louisville Kentucky banded together in the spirit of unity to protest their local Starbucks. The group however, became angered when their protest was impeded by the fact that there were several homeless people in front of the store blocking the way.
As much as you bleeding hearts want people think you do care, some people just can not be helped and do not want to be helped...

Oh come now, whatever happened to that warm embracing "Happy Holiday" spirit that the season is meant to bring? Remember how it's far better to give than receive. You could always choose to use that moment to demonstrate your unwavered human generosity, as opposed to one that portrays a message of a disgruntled "humbug" hatred towards a particular faith because they don't believe as you do

With regard to the tree lot sign below, I'm sure the individual has chosen a response that brings out in the open, the overall perception that's often associated with the season. With such an unusual stance, there would be no problem in generating as much likewise publicity and media attention as the billboard which stands in negative opposition. The attention alone is too much of a temptation for any media and word of mouth to simply ignore, so much so that I really doubt they are worried at all about who won't be buying their trees.

Last edited:
Purchase a tree or not, that is up to the individual.
The war on christmas is so very lame but some people find it real and upsetting.

Oh come now, whatever happened to that warm embracing "Happy Holiday" spirit that the season is meant to bring? Remember how it's far better to give than receive. You could always choose to use that moment to demonstrate your unwavered human generosity, as opposed to one that portrays a message of a disgruntled "humbug" hatred towards a particular faith because they don't believe as you do

With regard to the tree lot sign below, I'm sure the individual has chosen a response that brings out in the open, the overall perception that's often associated with the season. With such an unusual stance, there would be no problem in generating as much likewise publicity and media attention as the billboard which stands in negative opposition. The attention alone is too much of a temptation for any media and word of mouth to simply ignore, so much so that I really doubt they are worried at all about who won't be buying their trees.

The war on christmas is so very lame but some people find it real and upsetting.

Well our nation has taken the meaning of what Christmas is supposed to represent, and commercialized it into Happy Holidays, toys, and gift buying ... over generosity and the less fortunate. I'm sure if Martin Luther King became more about bobble heads toys and retail advertising, turning away from what the day is supposed to be reflective of, a lot of people wouldn't take to kindly of that direction either.

It is overly commercialized 100%. So those who complain about a war on Christmas need to get back to the real so-called meaning of the spirit of the time.

Well our nation has taken the meaning of what Christmas is supposed to represent, and commercialized it into Happy Holidays, toys, and gift buying ... over generosity and the less fortunate. I'm sure if Martin Luther King became more about bobble heads toys and retail advertising, turning away from what the day is supposed to be reflective of, a lot of people wouldn't take to kindly of that direction either.

It is overly commercialized 100%. So those who complain about a war on Christmas need to get back to the real so-called meaning of the spirit of the time.

Christians aren't the ones who chose Black Friday, pushed Thanksgiving evening sales, with a fat man in a red suit and having sales associates say Happy Holidays over Merry Chrustmas. I think you got your facts mixed up there bud.

Who do you think came up with the concept of using bell ringers to collect for the less fortunate under the banner of the Slavation Army in the first place? Who do you think established the Salvation Army to meet the needs of the poor? I doubt those individuals who are out in the cold volunteering their time to help collect and receive donations "need to go back to the so called meaning of the spirit of the time".

I really think you'd be hard pressed trying to prove how its "these Christians" who are responsible in capitalizing on earlier record profits sales, in an effort to exploit the season through pushing toys on kids and gift buying. You may want to take another look at who is really losing the original meaning of the season.

And let's observe what Faux News considers 'a war'.

Simply saying 'happy holidays' rather than 'merry christmas'. WAR.

It is soooo f'ing fake and stupid.

When I lived in Reno, I always full warm and Christmassy, when a gun dealer down the street from where I worked used to paint Santa Clause on his storefront window, shooting two guns up in the air. It always reminded me of the true meaning of Christmas!

Don't they profess that we are a "christian" nation! Isn't the USA predominately christian?
So think again what you stated.

Christians aren't the ones who chose Black Friday, pushed Thanksgiving evening sales, with a fat man in a red suit and having sales associates say Happy Holidays over Merry Chrustmas. I think you got your facts mixed up there bud.

Who do you think came up with the concept of using bell ringers to collect for the less fortunate under the banner of the Slavation Army in the first place? Who do you think established the Salvation Army to meet the needs of the poor? I doubt those individuals who are out in the cold volunteering their time to help collect and receive donations "need to go back to the so called meaning of the spirit of the time".

I really think you'd be hard pressed trying to prove how its "these Christians" who are responsible in capitalizing on earlier record profits sales, in an effort to exploit the season through pushing toys on kids and gift buying. You may want to take another look at who is really losing the original meaning of the season.

Forum List

Back