The Psychology of Gun Ownership

Thats where you're wrong. While protecting my home and my wife is high on the list of reasons to own a firearm,the real reason is for what the founders intended the 2nd to be for. And if the gov has no designs on tyranny they have nothing to worry about.
So why not just do their jobs and stop the people who are actually committing the crimes?
Politically incorrect to do so?

That gun in your home is 43 times more likey to kill someone in your household than a bad guy.

We also lock up more people than any other country in the world. Even Communist China. We have 2 million people in prison and another 7 million on probation or parole.

Also, the notion that you need a gun to fight the government is downright silly. They have bombers, tanks, missiles, etc. You have your gun. That's going to be a really one-sided fight.

Meh.....my wife shoots and was raised around guns and we dont have children.
But I still keep them under lock and key except for the shorty 12 gauge which sits by the bed.
And as far as fearing the military goes? Not one bit. They will not attack American citizens. As a matter of fact I would hazard to guess they would be on my side.
And if you think the gov is not capable of using police actions to get their way I would say you need to pull your head out of the sand.

[

Meh.....my wife shoots and was raised around guns and we dont have children.
But I still keep them under lock and key except for the shorty 12 gauge which sits by the bed.
And as far as fearing the military goes? Not one bit. They will not attack American citizens. As a matter of fact I would hazard to guess they would be on my side.
And if you think the gov is not capable of using police actions to get their way I would say you need to pull your head out of the sand.

If you think the military wouldn't happily take you down if you raised up against the government that writes their paycheck, you are delusional.

Because in every part of history when they've been asked to, they've done just that, whether it be breaking up strikes or helping to handles some religous whackos in a compound.

Forum List

Back