The Psychology of Gun Ownership

Actually, it should further enlighten you on what happens when a pack of liberals go on a witch hunt. He will be exonerated. You on the other hand will be sitting there wondering why that racist white Republican Teabagger didn't get put away for murder.

What an idiot you are.

Nope, he's going to prison, and REpublicans will put him there.

Link?

All signs point to his acquittal. According to Florida's "Stand your ground" law, he will most likely be exonerated.

George Zimmerman Will Never Be Convicted of Murdering Trayvon Martin - The Daily Beast

You aren't even paying attention. ZImmerman has already decided not to try to argue the 'Stand your ground" law in this case.

He pretty much correct
This video discusses an important aspect of firearm ownership.....The fact that in your travels it may be necessary to take another human's life in defense of your own. Many people do not consider the concept seriously, or they may think that gun ownership is a joke. In this video we try to bring to light the responsibility that everybody undertakes when they decide to carry a firearm for protection. Not only can you become a liability to yourself by failing to "pull the trigger", but you can also endanger the lives of those around you if you lack the personal fortitude needed.

[ame=http://youtu.be/L-Djb8JSPXU]Gun Gripes Episode 18: The Psychology of Gun Ownership - YouTube[/ame]

The Pychopathology of gun ownership might be a more relevant thread. Not every gun owner is fucked up, but most who post on this message board are. Doubt that? Read some of your posts and posts by others who lack empathy for victims of gun violence.

The Pychopathology of gun ownership might be a more relevant thread. Not every gun owner is fucked up, but most who post on this message board are. Doubt that? Read some of your posts and posts by others who lack empathy for victims of gun violence.

It is the people like you who want to make people like me a possible victim of those who don't care about the laws who are the ones that are screwed up.

BTW, I have great empathy for those who have been victimized by people using any kind of a weapon, be it their hands, feet, clubs, knives, cars, trucks, or guns.

I just don't blame the object used, I blame the person who used the object.

Would you ban all knives because of what happened in Texas?

Just watch Zimmerman's trial. It will thoroughly educate you on "the psychology of gun ownership"...

I'm sure there is no fucking way you watched a 14 minute video in 2 minutes.

Why would we want to.

Fact is, this guy sells guns. He's really the biggest part of the problem.

If we started holding the gun makers and the gun sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

If we started holding the AUTOMOBILE makers and the AUTOMOBILE sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

If we started holding the KNIFE makers and the KNIFE sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

If we started holding the POOL makers and the POOL sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

If we started holding the LADDER makers and the LADDER sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

Just watch Zimmerman's trial. It will thoroughly educate you on "the psychology of gun ownership"...

g5000 once read the entire Andrew Jackson script within 90 seconds!

Avalon Project - President Jackson's Veto Message Regarding the Bank of the United States; July 10, 1832

BUT WAIT!

ToddsterPatriot once wrote an entirely scholarly response to articles concerning the collateral of the National Debt and Allodial Titles, within 23 seconds!

And his response barely had anything to do with it!

If you aren't ready to use a weapon you should not be carrying a weapon. If you are too ready to use a weapon, you should not be carrying it either. The responsibility is not just in being willing to use a weapon at the right time, but in understanding what that time is and when that time has passed.

Well said. Gun ownership carries a heavy responsibility. Those who enter irresponsibly are the problem.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Marksmanship training and civics lessons for gang bangers a solution?
:cool:

Last edited:
I have never viewed it as a psychological condition, but perhaps it is for some. *shrugs*

Are you mentally prepared to shoot someone if you have too?
No, because statistically I would be shooting my wife, kids, neighbors, and friends. Most of the murders are not committed during home invasions, murders, rapes, kidnapping, and such but rather in domestic disputes and arguments. Only 23% of the murders occour during commission of a felony. We kill people we know and people we care about.

If you aren't ready to use a weapon you should not be carrying a weapon. If you are too ready to use a weapon, you should not be carrying it either. The responsibility is not just in being willing to use a weapon at the right time, but in understanding what that time is and when that time has passed.

Well said. Gun ownership carries a heavy responsibility. Those who enter irresponsibly are the problem.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Marksmanship training and civics lessons for gang bangers a solution?
:cool:
I agree and we should do something about it. We have laws to prevent people from driving that would be a danger to others and we should have laws to restrict gun ownership for people that are a danger to others.

It is the people like you who want to make people like me a possible victim of those who don't care about the laws who are the ones that are screwed up.

Nice try. I don't beieve you even understand the concept of empathy. When the monster you are so scared of come out of your closet and kills you, I'll have empathy for you. Maybe.

Why would we want to.

Fact is, this guy sells guns. He's really the biggest part of the problem.

If we started holding the gun makers and the gun sellers liable for the people killed with their product, they'd be a lot more selective about who they sold to.

Exactly. It is about profit, has little to do with self defense.

I agree and we should do something about it. We have laws to prevent people from driving that would be a danger to others and we should have laws to restrict gun ownership for people that are a danger to others.

Good point. Now how to do that? Restricting gun sales to those who appear to be responsible should be a bar reasonable citizens can agree on. Let's do it. I would favor it being a state issue for several years so that we have 50 laboratories coming up with unique ideas to fit their specific regions. Over time, great ideas will be hatched, put into place and tweaked to efficiency. Successful state laws will be adopted by other states. I'm not confident about a one size fits all knee jerk plan coming from a Washington bureaucrat who doesn't have skin in the game. This is a complex issue that won't be solved with a media sound bite by a politician with one eye on the next election.

There still remains the criminal element. Make all the laws you want, they won't comply. We have the three strikes you're out law which is losing support in a few states. What would you here on this board think of a one strike with a weapon and you're out to get the criminally armed and violent off the streets? There are already stiffer penalties for crimes committed with guns. Should those be increased or deemed ineffective against the criminal element--since they won't comply with any law?

Well, the real horrors are being committed with high capacity weapons, it would seem that getting more of these off the streets would be a good start. Full background checks on all gun sales would be the start of keeping guns out of the hands of the crazies. Keeping them out of the hands of criminals in a differant matter. However, criminals kill more of each other than they do of the regular citizens. Just as the presently overly armed citizens are killing more of their family and freinds than are criminals.

Many people own guns for different reasons. I'd never even shot a gun til I got hired in law enforcement. Now that I'm out, I own several and enjoy shooting them. Kinda like golf...on steroids. Its a fun challenge.

I dont usually carry day to day. I just dont live in that level of fear, or a part of town that I'd truly need it. Odds that I'd need it are so tiny (just like the odds that any of YOU would need it are tiny).

BUT, when I travel I almost always do. I find it to be like an insurance thing. Its there. Probably will never need it. But, nice knowing its there.

But its true. The majority of gun owners will NEVER need their gun for self defense. If the majority of cops go their whole career without firing a shot, then most gun owners have an even smaller chance. Hell, outside of the combat jobs, most military folks go their whole career and never fire a gun. Even some combat troops dont.

Im all for gun rights. But people need them far less than they think.

Forum List

Back