For you "suckers and loser's" critics, Stolen valor is far far worse

I said it:
Beware. Be Ready. The "Swift-boating" Of Tim Walz is coming. I seem to remember some rightwing nuts going after Walz back in 2018. I was there when they went after Kerry on 2004. These people cannot help themselves.

They were desperate then, they will be viciously so now. Get ready. Rightwing rags are ready to go.

Walz beat them back then. He will do so again. But it will get nasty.

And I remember leftwing people going after Bush and his military service. That's the way national politics is done, and it's not just one 'side' that will do it.

Nope.

Right-wing media are reviving old smears pushed by political rivals of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz about his retirement from the military, accusing him of “stolen valor” and misleading their audience about the reality of his 24-year service record with the National Guard. Specifically, right-wing media are claiming that Walz resigned and “abandoned” his National Guard unit and resigned after the unit received deployment orders to go to Iraq when in reality, Walz resigned two months before the unit received orders, and Walz likely submitted his retirement papers even earlier.

According to a copy of his service record obtained by Military.com, Walz enlisted in the Army National Guard in 1981 and reached the rank of command sergeant major before retiring in 2005, following a reenlistment after the September 11, 2001, terror attacks. Walz retired honorably as a master sergeant — a lower rank than command sergeant major — since he did not complete all of the necessary coursework for the higher rank before his service ended. Walz went on to successfully campaign for Congress, where he served for multiple terms, helping veterans exposed to toxins during their military service, sponsoring a veterans suicide prevention bill, and advocating for more GI Bill benefits.

During Walz’s 2018 gubernatorial campaign, retired Command Sgts. Maj. Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr wrote a “paid endorsement letter” just days before the election accusing Walz of “abandon[ing]” his unit in order to run for Congress. Specifically, they claimed that he retired in mid-2005 to dodge a unit deployment to Iraq the following year. This smear was repeated by Walz’s gubernatorial opponent in October 2022.

The right loves to lie about people on the left , that's their biggest mistake. How do you trust people that lie to your face. They are good at grouping all of US in those lies. That's bigotry at irt's worse.

The crowd is going crazy! Shapiro is an incredible speaker.

Watch out old man Trump...

They're coming for you.

ONE MORE TIME! WHAT DO WE TELL TRUMP? GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY! I SAID MOVE! GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY! LET'S...

Vice President Harris Campaigns with Running Mate Gov. Tim Walz in Philadelphia
2024 Democratic presidential candidate and Vice President Kamala Harris made her first joint campaign appearance with her running mate at a rally in Philadelphia.
www.c-span.org www.c-span.org

America has woken up. America is Woke! And you people-of-the-cult are desperate and driven to keep us back

If he claimed to carry a weapon in war, he wouldn't be supported.
trump chickened out period. Vietnam wasn't a picnic. Too bad he didn't move to Canada back then but I wouldn't wish trump on them either. He belongs with his buddies / lovers in Russia or North Korea.

“You abandoned your unit right before they went to Iraq,” Mr. Vance said.

Mr. Vance based his accusations on a Facebook post from 2018, and a paid letter to the editor to The West Central Tribune that same year in which the writers, Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr, both retired command sergeant majors in the Minnesota National Guard, accused Mr. Walz of “conveniently retiring a year before his battalion was deployed to Iraq.”

The criticisms were first leveled by Mr. Behrends and Mr. Herr during Mr. Walz’s first campaign for governor.

But Joseph Eustice, a 32-year veteran of the national guard who led the same battalion as Mr. Walz and served under him, said in an interview on Wednesday that the governor was a dependable soldier and that the attacks by his fellow comrades were unfounded.

“He was as good a soldier as you’d find, and to have two former sergeant majors say that he wasn’t, it’s just not true,” Mr. Eustice said, adding that he disagreed with Mr. Walz’s politics and most likely would not vote for him in November even though they were friends.

Mr. Eustice recalled that Mr. Walz’s decision to run for Congress came months before the battalion received any official notice of deployment, though he said there had been rumors that it might be deployed.
Walz claimed to go to combat, that is stolen valor, a low life lie

Pro Crusty, why do you support politicians lying about thier military service

Wormy Dem caught lying again, shocker. Dems are truly scum!
the stench of desperation coming out of Trump campaign:

The strategy, which Trump amplified Wednesday by calling Walz a “DISGRACE” on Truth Social, is a throwback to 2004, when Republicans attacked Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry’s record as a Navy officer in Vietnam. Chris LaCivita — who was a consultant to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth group that helped sink Kerry’s bid — is a senior adviser to Trump’s campaign and has signaled an eagerness to reopen the playbook on Walz.

Walz has faced such attacks before, including in his re-election campaign in 2022, when his GOP opponent questioned his decision to leave the service in 2005. Walz’s campaign responded with a letter signed by 50 veterans praising his record and leadership.

“Governor Walz secured additional funding for new veterans homes,” read the letter, a copy of which the Harris campaign shared Wednesday with NBC News. “In his first term, Minnesota was one of just seven states initially selected by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to participate in the ‘Governor’s Challenge’ to eliminate veteran deaths by suicide.”

maga depression sign.jpg

Vance lied about what Walz said. He's in good company hooking up with trump , the biggest liar ever. This is going to help end both of those creeps.
What we have here is a case of Stolen Valor. Vance didn't lie, he's a hero, we can't have a person like walls in a position of leadership. A major embarrassment for the democrits.

When the United States of America asked me to go to Iraq to serve my country, I did it,” Vance, a former Marine who was deployed to Iraq, said Wednesday. “When Tim Walz was asked by his country to go to Iraq … he dropped out of the Army and allowed his unit to go without him.”

Forum List

Back