The Question No PROG Will Dare Answer

We're producing as much as we ever were, it just takes fewer people to do it and much of the lower tech production has been shifted overseas.

The closet queen pipes in again but can't tell us why it's almost impossible to find an American-made:

televison, computer, radio, cell phone, pair of shoes, pair of socks, t-shirt, lawnmover, motorcycle, bicycle, power tool, wrench, hammer, microwave oven, leather furniture....etc etc etc. And we almost lost our auto industry because fruits like SteadyMercury who drive some pile of tin from S. Korea. Hell, we even import almost 70% of our OIL. Yeah, American industry is doing just fine. :eusa_whistle:

While the leftists enjoy waiting like buzzards to approach a thread that's no longer active to "thank" each other for idiot-wind, notice they said nothing when it counted. Just like the halfrican they've put in the WH....runs their mouth, says nothing, and then does nothing while $6T vanishes.

Last edited:
We're producing as much as we ever were, it just takes fewer people to do it and much of the lower tech production has been shifted overseas.

The closet queen pipes in again but can't tell us why it's almost impossible to find an American-made:

televison, computer, radio, cell phone, pair of shoes, pair of socks, t-shirt, lawnmover, motorcycle, bicycle, power tool, wrench, hammer, microwave oven, leather furniture....etc etc etc. And we almost lost our auto industry because fruits like SteadyMercury who drive some pile of tin from S. Korea. Hell, we even import almost 70% of our OIL. Yeah, American industry is doing just fine. :eusa_whistle:

While the leftists enjoy waiting like buzzards to approach a thread that's no longer active to "thank" each other for idiot-wind, notice they said nothing when it counted. Just like the halfrican they've put in the WH....runs their mouth, says nothing, and then does nothing while $6T vanishes.

Well you haven't answered my question on what Obama spent all those trillions on, especially since spending under Obama has gone down for one. As if Obama could just spend money whenever he wants to because he's president.
If it's impossible to find an American made product it's because both parties are for offshoring jobs to China, Mexico, and other low wage countries. More profit for corporations.

Does it really matter?

Yes it does.

The debt will never be paid off.

It will when hyperinflation kicks in, followed by war. At least, that's always been the case throughout history. If you have evidence it would be any different here, I'm all ears.

Republicans only care about it when a Democrat is President. Then there are fiscal cliffs and disasters looming.

Same for the Dems. Don't ya just hate both of 'em???

When a Republican is President, they spend like drunken sailors (only they borrow every penny instead of through taxation).

True, but NOBODY has spent like Obama and this Republican led Congress. They added more to the debt than all previous administrations combined.

When a Democrat becomes President, suddenly they discover that there is a debt, although they deny any responsibility in creating it.

Again, the Dems do the same thing.

If a Republican becomes President in 2016, the debt will cease being a problem once again.

Not if that Republican is Rand Paul. Any other RINO, then yes, I'd agree.

HOW MUCH DEBT are you willing to allow the government shysters to put us in?

Not a dime more. We should live within our means.

"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers...And this is the tendency of all human governments.

A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for [another ]...till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery...And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson

"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers...And this is the tendency of all human governments.

A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for [another ]...till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery...And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson
1. They already increased the debt through legislation. That is the way our government works.
2. You have absolutly NO idea of what the deficit really is. You are expecting armageden when it reaches some level, but can not point to a time when it has ever, ever happened before based on deficit to gdp. Which, of course, has been much larger than today.
3. You seem to be completely good on seeing our economy hurt badly. Which is the ONLY thing that not increasing the debt limit will accomplish. That, of course, according to every economist writing about and discussing the subject these days.
4. You are a libertarian, hoping to push our economy more in the direction of that illusion. If you see your political heroes, the tea party repubs, get their way, we will once again see why libertarian economies do not and will never exist.

1. They already increased the debt through legislation. That is the way our government works.
2. You have absolutly NO idea of what the deficit really is. You are expecting armageden when it reaches some level, but can not point to a time when it has ever, ever happened before based on deficit to gdp. Which, of course, has been much larger than today.
3. You seem to be completely good on seeing our economy hurt badly. Which is the ONLY thing that not increasing the debt limit will accomplish. That, of course, according to every economist writing about and discussing the subject these days.
4. You are a libertarian, hoping to push our economy more in the direction of that illusion. If you see your political heroes, the tea party repubs, get their way, we will once again see why libertarian economies do not and will never exist.

Darn, I thought it was just about stupid people with stupid ideas. Now you suggest there is some kind of nutty ideology behind it. That explains alot.

You know about as much about how our economy works as you do the Bible....what the fuck is "armageden"? The debt has NEVER been 107% of a year's GDP in the history of the United States. You've gotten away with that garbage several times and it's over. Hussein, Reid, and Pelousy put us in this mess by killing jobs and borrowing to grow their bureaucracy, while making millions themselves. Running cover for them makes you just another broke-ass sucker fish who's too dull to know better.

You know about as much about how our economy works as you do the Bible....what the fuck is "armageden"? The debt has NEVER been 107% of a year's GDP in the history of the United States. You've gotten away with that garbage several times and it's over. Hussein, Reid, and Pelousy put us in this mess by killing jobs and borrowing to grow their bureaucracy, while making millions themselves. Running cover for them makes you just another broke-ass sucker fish who's too dull to know better.

Once again the OP embarrasses himself with his astounding ignorance.

The Long Story of U.S. Debt, From 1790 to 2011, in 1 Little Chart - Matt Phillips - The Atlantic

debt-and-gdp-main6.png

Soo, Bullkurtz says the following:

Really, Bull, you should actually get yourself out of the bat shit crazy conservative web sites, me boy. What I said was, me poor ignorant con tool, that the national debt to gdp has been much higher than it is today. So, apparently, you are incapable of keeping up with something so simple. Now, this is going to be a bit of a surprise to you, me boy. Probably piss you off (not that anyone cares). But you are, of course, simply wrong. Or, as you would probably technically say, YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT.

You see, unlike you, I will offer you some proof of your ignorance:

The United States is expected to record a Government Debt equivalent to 101.60 percent of the country's Gross Domestic Product in 2012. Government Debt To GDP in the United States is reported by the U.S. Bureau of Public Debt. From 1940 until 2012, the United States Government Debt To GDP averaged 60.3 Percent reaching an all time high of 121.7 Percent in December of 1946
United States Government Debt To GDP | Actual Data | Forecasts

Now, let me help you. In math, 121.7 is HIGHER than the rate as it is today. By about 20%. You see, the bigger number is the one with the highest value. And our current ratio is about 102%. Now, you may need a remedial math class to help you out, but give it a try. See if you can understand.

By the way, me boy. The national debt has not and is not, nor is it projected to be, 107% of gdp as you indicate it is. You may be pissed, again, that I point this out. But, thing is, you should be pissed at the people who told you it was. They lied to you. I am simply trying to educate you. Which, I suspect, is an impossible task (it requires a working brain, dipshit).

The rest of your drivel is just boring. Poor stupid clown. OOPS. My mistake. I keep forgetting you are a congenital idiot. As your post helped prove. Again. So, it is really not your fault. Just your plain simple bad luck.

Relative to Armageddon, here is a definition for your self improvement. Most know this, so it is simply for you.

Armageddon:
a : the site or time of a final and conclusive battle between the forces of good and evil
b : the battle taking place at Armageddon
2: a usually vast decisive conflict or confrontation

Your welcome.

Last edited:
me poor ignorant clown. You are worried about spelling a word??? Jesus. Just think of how much you could learn if you took your head out of your ass. Dipshit.

:lol: ONE year at the height of borrowing to fight a WORLD WAR....and then only by a measly 6%...it's you who should be embarrassed....it took you what 3 days to find that flimsy shit? Pitiful little leftists grabbing at (soda) straws because they drink like women same as their guru BarryOh.

Obama-drinking-straw-cup1.jpg
Well, dipshit, lets see if you are capable of understanding anything. First, the percent of the gdp that existed in 1946 was 127%. Today, we are at about 101%. So, you say that is only 6% different. See the problem yet, me boy.

As I suggested, you need to find a remedial math class. You really need to take my recommendation. Because, me poor ignorant con, you are making a fool of your self.

So, you adamantly stated that I was nuts for not knowing that the current national debt to gdp rate was not the highest ever. Now you are misquoting the source I provided you and missing the actual difference by about 20%.

See why we worry about you, bull. We worry because you are obviously on the loose, and you are obviously mentally ill.

Then there was the math suggesting that it took me three days to find a link. In fact, it took less than 2 minutes to find the link, dipshit. Hardly a task. That you think it would be again shows your lack of brain activity.

You see, dipshit, I knew about the national debt, and when it had been at it's highest. And I knew, as you are unwilling to consider, that it did not cause a problem of any kind with the economy.

Now, you just made the statement that the increase in the national debt was because of borrowing. It was not, of course. It was mostly due to SPENDING.
Maybe if you took your head out of your ass and spent a little time looking at impartial data, you could actually learn something. Though I seriously doubt that you have the mental capacity.

About time we stop that. As I said, live within our means.

First, it's DEBT to gdp, not "deficit"...but I'M the one that has "NO idea what the deficit really is"...:doubt: Wow did you walk into that one! :lol:

Now, I never said "Armageddon"...I said hyperinflation, which is what always happens when debt reaches unsustainable levels as even a cursory understanding of economic history shows. The brief period at the height of WWII when debt surpassed GDP was followed by reduced spending. How's that going today?

Yea, not so much.

Further, we NEVER had the unfunded liabilities that we have today. Those promises will come due...and when they do, we're fucked.

Bullshit. That's according to every KEYNESIAN economist. I, and every economist of the Chicago and Austrian school, would strongly disagree.

4. You are a libertarian, hoping to push our economy more in the direction of that illusion. If you see your political heroes, the tea party repubs, get their way, we will once again see why libertarian economies do not and will never exist

First, the "tea party repubs" are not my heroes, not even if you say they are.

You seem to be suggesting MORE debt is the answer. Don't buy it, never will. Jefferson knew better. You don't.

:lol: ONE year at the height of borrowing to fight a WORLD WAR....and then only by a measly 6%...it's you who should be embarrassed....it took you what 3 days to find that flimsy shit? Pitiful little leftists grabbing at (soda) straws because they drink like women same as their guru BarryOh.

Obama-drinking-straw-cup1.jpg
Well, dipshit, lets see if you are capable of understanding anything. First, the percent of the gdp that existed in 1946 was 127%. Today, we are at about 101%. So, you say that is only 6% different. See the problem yet, me boy.

As I suggested, you need to find a remedial math class. You really need to take my recommendation. Because, me poor ignorant con, you are making a fool of your self.

So, you adamantly stated that I was nuts for not knowing that the current national debt to gdp rate was not the highest ever. Now you are misquoting the source I provided you and missing the actual difference by about 20%.

See why we worry about you, bull. We worry because you are obviously on the loose, and you are obviously mentally ill.

Then there was the math suggesting that it took me three days to find a link. In fact, it took less than 2 minutes to find the link, dipshit. Hardly a task. That you think it would be again shows your lack of brain activity.

You see, dipshit, I knew about the national debt, and when it had been at it's highest. And I knew, as you are unwilling to consider, that it did not cause a problem of any kind with the economy.

Now, you just made the statement that the increase in the national debt was because of borrowing. It was not, of course. It was mostly due to SPENDING.
Maybe if you took your head out of your ass and spent a little time looking at impartial data, you could actually learn something. Though I seriously doubt that you have the mental capacity.

Only an Idiot would think we can borrow our way into prosperity..................

We are 395 BILLION in interest payments on the debt this year..........

Unfunded Liabilities will put us on permanent deficits of at least a TRILLION A YEAR BY 2020.....

Every year the CBO, GAO, and quite frankly the entire world TELLS US THIS IS UNSUSTAINABLE....................

And nobody listens, to our economic doom we go, as we are turning our paper currency into TOILET PAPER.

Hell a Fucking 5 year old has more common sense on the debt than our Gov't.............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX-D4kkPOQ]Should The Government Stop Dumping Money Into A Giant Hole? - YouTube[/ame]

So eflat, you say:
Now, I never said "Armageddon"...I said hyperinflation, which is what always happens when debt reaches unsustainable levels as even a cursory understanding of economic history shows.
Sorry, me boy. The national debt has never reached unsustainable levels. Except in your mind. And hyperinflation has not occurred since the gold standard has been gone. Even before then, it was a real stretch to call any inflationary period hyperinflation. And, by the way, the debt was NOT HIGH THEN.

So, since hyperinflation has never happened, then I assume you are saying that we have never had unsustainable debt. Which I agree with.

The brief period at the height of WWII when debt surpassed GDP was followed by reduced spending. How's that going today?
Fairly well, actually. If you follow what the cbo is saying. And the deficit is decreasing at really fast levels. What has not happened, of course, is greatly increasing revenues.

Further, we NEVER had the unfunded liabilities that we have today. Those promises will come due...and when they do, we're fucked.

No. We are not fucked at all. Simple fixes all. It is just that you do not want to see the wealthy pay any taxes. The fact that they pay some seems to have you upset. But they will pay more in the future, and the issue with social security (simple fix), medicare (somewhat more difficult, but no real problem at all) go away.
At any rate, you are now talking about the future. With no proof of any kind.

Bullshit. That's according to every KEYNESIAN economist. I, and every economist of the Chicago and Austrian school, would strongly disagree.

You just listed a couple of economic theories that are about as popular today as a fart in church. Turns out that you simply follow these two schools with a ring through your nose. But even most of these guys have a hard, hard time suggesting that government should have politicians who authorize projects, fund them, and then vote to defund them using something as stupid as a debt ceiling. More likely, you could find an economist or two closely associated (read paid by) the koch brothers or their "think tank" that may go along with your ideas. But only the bat shit crazy con web sites listen to them any more.

You seem to be suggesting MORE debt is the answer. Don't buy it, never will. Jefferson knew better. You don't.

Funny. You keep taking quotes selectively from a hundred fifty years ago or more, and pretending like it is the gospel today. Now, another of your heroes certainly agreed with me. When he pushed the unemployment rate to over 10.8%, and saw the deficit shoot up like a rocket, he pushed those policies of stimulus spending, funded by massive borrowing and major tax increases. And what do you know. the government grew in size substantially. AND the economy improved substantially. So, I will match your jefferson and raise you a reagan.

Now, do you want to show me a time when the economy was bad based on high unemployment where decreasing spending made the economy better?? I keep asking you. Just hear crickets.

Forum List

Back