The Question of Evil is explained in the Adam and Eve story...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...we were given a perfect world where nothing bad happens but we were tossed out of it to this place of exile through our disobedience.

It doesn't matter if there was no literal Adam and Eve or a literal apple, we rejected the perfect world when our ancestors used their free will to choose to sin.

fairy tales
'''if'''????
'''we'' ?'--explain that??!!!????
......if there were no Adam and Eve [ which there wasn't ], you must mean EVERY '''human'' rejected the perfect world---so this ALSO does not make sense
....anyway you look at it, it does not make sense/ is ridiculous

...we were given a perfect world where nothing bad happens but we were tossed out of it to this place of exile through our disobedience.

It doesn't matter if there was no literal Adam and Eve or a literal apple, we rejected the perfect world when our ancestors used their free will to choose to sin.
So how does that say that I myself rejected the perfect world? And why am I being punished for something I didn't do? I thought god was supposed to be fair.

(Highlight mine)

The Genesis story is one of the most brilliant ever written. It is the story of mankind today, tomorrow, and yesterday. We are born into a perfect world, where we are cared for and have a season of innocence and play. We grow up...and disobey, even to the point of doing evil. Once we reach this point of independence, our world changes. We must work. We choose a mate. In pain, we bear the next generation of children. And the cycle repeats. We are all Adam and Eve--and have been since the first man and woman. Yet throughout a message prevails. We do not have to choose evil, we can choose good, we can choose to obey. Jesus was an example of someone who chose the latter. We can follow that Way.

Adam and Eve had a human nature and so do we. The truth remains: We all started from a better place--and we can all find our way back.

After reading this post, I chopped down all the apple trees in my neighborhood.
Amazing that so many Christians believe that the fruit of the tree of knowledge was an actual fruit. Surely if the tree of knowledge were actually a tree, some record of it would have been preserved somewhere. What did the fruit of such a tree look like? What did it taste like?

Questions like these matter not a whit to the modern fundamentalist Christian.

Amazing that so many Christians believe that the fruit of the tree of knowledge was an actual fruit. Surely if the tree of knowledge were actually a tree, some record of it would have been preserved somewhere. What did the fruit of such a tree look like? What did it taste like?

First, is there an actual tree of knowledge? No. Metaphor. Therefore the fruit that comes from a metaphorical tree is metaphorical as well.

Still, if there was an actual fruit, the theory I like best is that it was a fig. Why? Because after eating the fruit, Adam and Eve clothed themselves in fig leaves!

(Highlight mine)

The Genesis story is one of the most brilliant ever written. It is the story of mankind today, tomorrow, and yesterday. We are born into a perfect world, where we are cared for and have a season of innocence and play. We grow up...and disobey, even to the point of doing evil. Once we reach this point of independence, our world changes. We must work. We choose a mate. In pain, we bear the next generation of children. And the cycle repeats. We are all Adam and Eve--and have been since the first man and woman. Yet throughout a message prevails. We do not have to choose evil, we can choose good, we can choose to obey. Jesus was an example of someone who chose the latter. We can follow that Way.

Adam and Eve had a human nature and so do we. The truth remains: We all started from a better place--and we can all find our way back.
Jesus got nailed to wood. I ain't following his path, lol.

What is all this WE stuff? 2 people got tossed from Eden, not WE. I'm not taking the fall for those 2 duffuses.

Eve did not know what god said to Adam about the fruits of this tree. And Adam was "only" a man in love when he got the fruit from Eve. So "free will" is perhaps a word which is oversized. Looks like they were only betrayed. But this changes nothing. Death is in the world = we are living now in a world of limited existence in time. I guess the concept "original sin" describes only that we seperated us all from god with the knowledge of good and evil - our bipolar form to think - so Michael shields paradise with an impassable fire from this powerful but also destructive form to think. It is impossible for us to go back to the paradise. Our hope: Direction heaven is a passable way and perhaps only a fire of purification. And what keeps now, today, here? - Besides, that we know god is also able to die with us too, so we are not alone, never, not even in death: Belief, hope and love says Paul. Love is the most important he says too.

Last edited:

Eve did not know what god said to Adam about the fruits of this tree. And Adam was "only" a man in love when he got the fruit from Eve. So "free will" is perhaps a word which is oversized. Looks like they were only betrayed. But this changes nothing. Death is in the world = we are living now in a world of limited existence in time. I guess the concept "original sin" describes only that we seperated us all from god with the knowledge of good and evil - our bipolar form to think - so Michael shields paradise with an impassable fire from this powerful but also destructive form to think. It is impossible for us to go back to the paradise. Our hope: Direction heaven is a passable way and perhaps only a fire of purification. And what keeps now, today, here? - Besides, that we know god is also able to die with us too, so we are not alone, never, not even in death: Belief, hope and love says Paul. Love is the most important he says too.
God wanted Adam to stay in homo heaven with him, instead, Adam banged the woman and they were both kicked out of Eden.

What is the fruit of your thought here - and how tastes this fruit? Bitter? Frustrated? Angry? I am by the way a fundamental Christian. The Holy Catholic Church is a very good fundament. The only problem: "The world" uses the word fundament and thinks about extremism the same time. A paradox. That's a fruit of a bipolar form to think too. If you are good (and you are good because you are you), and you are not a fundamentalist, then the other one, who is a fundamentalist, has to be bad. And the world is suddenly full of bad fundamentalists since 9/11, isn't it?

Last edited:

Never anyone in the bible spoke about an apple tree in this context. Plant twice as many trees, if possible. This helps also in context manmade climate change.

so we are screwed because of our [ hahahahha ] ancestestors ..../??!!
you do realize this doesn't make any sense at all?

so we are screwed because of our [ hahahahha ] ancestestors ..../??!!
you do realize this doesn't make any sense at all?

It makes sense. You have legs and not wings. Reason: Your ancestors had legs and not wings.

So how does that say that I myself rejected the perfect world? And why am I being punished for something I didn't do? I thought god was supposed to be fair.

Your ancestors rejected the Law of God and that Sin still runs in the blood of every one of us.

God and “fatness” have no place in the same sentence and never have. Gods world is not a democracy of any type. It’s an Authoritarian dictatorship and always will be.

Your ancestors rejected the Law of God and that Sin still runs in the blood of every one of us.

God and “fatness” have no place in the same sentence and never have. Gods world is not a democracy of any type. It’s an Authoritarian dictatorship and always will be.
That's dumb. I get punished for what happened thousands of years ago? Um... no. I can't accept such douchebaggery.

Forum List

Back