The Raven finds teabags a poor icon

Many of those people didn't come prepared to speak, Raven. They came to show their disgust with their government. Don't be embarassed by them.

If you get your information from the tube, then that explains much.

The Raven is a busy bird. It does not have much time to waste "surfing" your "net". The Raven sees enough to know what needs to be done. Why does this human want to disagree with The Raven? Is it's message not clear enough? Ridding the land of the corrupt is a noble goal that all should support.

If you get your information from the tube, then that explains much.

The Raven is a busy bird. It does not have much time to waste "surfing" your "net". The Raven sees enough to know what needs to be done. Why does this human want to disagree with The Raven? Is it's message not clear enough? Ridding the land of the corrupt is a noble goal that all should support.
I suggest you make time to read, if you are honestly interested in being informed.

All should, but don't. But you choose a side and support it. You'll get nowhere tearing down all 4 walls.

Many of those people didn't come prepared to speak, Raven. They came to show their disgust with their government. Don't be embarassed by them.

The Raven misspoke perhaps. It becomes embarrassed because it knows that their words will be used against them. Others will poke and prod at them until the unprepared one becomes flustered and says something they dont truly mean, and then the enemies will point and shout: "See? We told you those people are crazy! Side with us instead!"

The elitists do that regardless. They're just real people, and they represent the majority of this country. As many of them stated, they've never attended any sort of rally, political function or protest before.

They'll get better.

Caw! The lag is irritating The Raven.

I suggest you make time to read, if you are honestly interested in being informed.

The Raven watches the Beck. Is he not the inspiration for the movement? The Raven does not understand why humans want to make things more complicated than they need to be. When hunting, The Raven does not fly in a dozen directions pursuing every mouse it sees. It focuses on one.

All know the leaders are corrupt. Once they are consumed, then the humans can turn their attention to the other prey.

The Raven watches the Beck. Is he not the inspiration for the movement? The Raven does not understand why humans want to make things more complicated than they need to be. All know the leaders are corrupt. Once they are consumed, then the humans can turn their attention to the other details.
You just keep watching that tube and those talking heads and keep thinking you're doing just fine.

You just keep watching that tube and those talking heads and keep thinking you're doing just fine.

What exactly is this human's grievance against The Raven? It has chosen its cause, and beleives it to be a noble one. Or do you not agree that the corruption exists?

3rd person idiot says what?

Like you're a real fucking bird typing away on a keyboard. Yep........gonna believe in Dragons before I believe in a fucked up bird that types on the 'net.

Oh..........by the way.........I was born in the Year of the Wood Dragon, so yeah.......Dragons are real.

Ravens are just shitty birds.

Actually, ravens, along with crows, are supposed to be rather intelligent. They even know how to lead hunters (including humans) to prey so that they hunt that prey and allow the ravens to pick on the leftovers.

That said... I, being nothing more than a man who is nicknamed the rat, so meh, I'll go into rat character...

Squeak! ... squeak...

Ah forget it.

The Boston Tea Partiers protested taxation without representation and the stamp tax, iirc. The current crop's trying to hijack it but until they start throwing tea over the docks of Galveston Texas, I think a pacifier better represents them.

It is every American's (and I guess American Raven's) right to define and analyze political stands and grievances. The Raven is correct that the teabagger's analogy is seriously flawed. Samuel Adams and the Tea Party gang were concerned about taxation without representation. The modern day teabaggers don't like corrupt politicians. If that, however, were really so, then they all would have voted to throw the GOP last year.
That *ahem* assumes that they voted, as a block, for any one political party....A flawed *ahem* assumption, at best.

"You rightoid freaks"??...That comment tells us all a lot more about you than anything else.

Just because someone opposes authoritarian fascists, like you, that doesn't automatically make them a "rightoid freak".

au⋅thor⋅i⋅tar⋅i⋅an
  /əˌθɔrɪˈtɛəriən, əˌθɒr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-thawr-i-tair-ee-uhn, uh-thor-] Show IPA
Use authoritarians in a Sentence
See web results for authoritarians
See images of authoritarians
–adjective
1. favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
2. of or pertaining to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people.
3. exercising complete or almost complete control over the will of another or of others: an authoritarian parent.
–noun
4. a person who favors or acts according to authoritarian principles.
fas⋅cist
  /ˈfæʃɪst/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fash-ist] Show IPA
Use Fascists in a Sentence
See web results for Fascists
See images of Fascists
–noun
1. a person who believes in or sympathizes with fascism.
2. (often initial capital letter) a member of a fascist movement or party.
3. a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.
–adjective
4. Also, fa⋅scis⋅tic  /fəˈʃɪstɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fuh-shis-tik] Show IPA . of or like fascism or fascists.
Now.........how again is it possible for a liberal to be an authoritarian fascist? Sounds more like a right wing nutjob neo con to me.
Two words: Hugo Chavez.

As far left as you will ever see, as much of a authoritarian fascist as you will ever see.

Si Modo simply feels irked that others point out the deficiencies in his way of thinking. Alli, too, is mistaken. She mistakes her wierd little group as the majority of American opinion, when in fact it is nothing more than a wierd little group. If Alli does not like name calling, she can ask her side to stop it.

Authoritarian fascist in America? Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona. What is cool is that when the investigation results are released and indictments issue, Joe will be in his own jail. That is a hoot.

If the Raven has misconstrued what the true goal of the tea party protests are about, then blame it on the humans. They do not seem to have a clear agenda. While not true for all of them, when handed a microphone some of the tea partiers embarrass The Raven. They often seem unprepared and their grievences fuzzy around the edges. Of course, much of this can be blamed on your media which selectively chooses the the clips they show to portray a negative image.

I saw a few videos that showed these people as putzes. Creative editing to make it look like all tea party protesters are putzes. That's they way the MSM rolls.

Alli, too, is mistaken. She mistakes her wierd little group as the majority of American opinion, when in fact it is nothing more than a wierd little group.
That's a mistaken characterization. While I would not call it a majority of opinion, I wouldn't dismiss it as a "weird little group" either. It's somewhere in between.

MOST of the ones I know are like me, voted FOR Obama because McCain looked simply inept during the campaign -- I said even on my radio show that if the campaign was an example of McCain's executive skills, I didn't want him anywhere near the Oval Office in my lifetime.

Obama on the other hand, ran probably the best Presidential campaign in the history of the planet. They were sharp, focused, and on target most of the time. They were organized. And Obama himself is brilliant, well-spoken, and no matter what you think of him now or no matter your stripe, you gotta admire what he's accomplished in his 48 years. A hell of alot more than I have, at the same age.

However, the problem is we wanted change, not tons more of the same. THIS is what the tea party folks are saying. Obama's already got a couple hundred broken campaign promises -- either broken or simply nothing done on -- and the folks are truly, really fed up with politics as usual in Washington. Something else Obama promised to change and has not.

Now, to be fair: I also said that saddling Obama with the same Congress Bush had would make it difficult for him, and it has. Foolishly, I believed Obama would stand up to those loons -- far more than McCain would. Now though it's apparent that's not happening, and the sick, co-dependency relationship Bush had with Congress is now a marriage. Not gonna work. It should always be an adversarial relationship.

People forget that 59.5 MILLION people voted for McCain. That's no small group, and when you add that to the MILLIONS of Indys, Moderate Dems and Moderate Repugs who voted for Obama, it's trouble in 2010 for Congress, and trouble in 2012 for Obama. History shows the party in power takes it on the chin in midterms anyway, but this time it's going to be much worse than usual.

So, instead of parroting the shrill, Big Media and Dem blather about the tea party people, you should study this more, try to be fair-minded and realize the answer isn't either extreme you see. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Obama got just over 10 million more votes than McCain. How many of those voters do you think are having major buyer's remorse today?

Lots. A big percentage of them.

Last edited:
Alli, too, is mistaken. She mistakes her wierd little group as the majority of American opinion, when in fact it is nothing more than a wierd little group.
That's a mistaken characterization. While I would not call it a majority of opinion, I wouldn't dismiss it as a "weird little group" either. It's somewhere in between.

MOST of the ones I know are like me, voted FOR Obama because McCain looked simply inept during the campaign -- I said even on my radio show that if the campaign was an example of McCain's executive skills, I didn't want him anywhere near the Oval Office in my lifetime.

Obama on the other hand, ran probably the best Presidential campaign in the history of the planet. They were sharp, focused, and on target most of the time. They were organized. And Obama himself is brilliant, well-spoken, and no matter what you think of him now or no matter your stripe, you gotta admire what he's accomplished in his 48 years. A hell of alot more than I have, at the same age.

However, the problem is we wanted change, not tons more of the same. THIS is what the tea party folks are saying. Obama's already got a couple hundred broken campaign promises -- either broken or simply nothing done on -- and the folks are truly, really fed up with politics as usual in Washington. Something else Obama promised to change and has not.

Now, to be fair: I also said that saddling Obama with the same Congress Bush had would make it difficult for him, and it has. Foolishly, I believed Obama would stand up to those loons -- far more than McCain would. Now though it's apparent that's not happening, and the sick, co-dependency relationship Bush had with Congress is now a marriage. Not gonna work. It should always be an adversarial relationship.

People forget that 59.5 MILLION people voted for McCain. That's no small group, and when you add that to the MILLIONS of Indys, Moderate Dems and Moderate Repugs who voted for Obama, it's trouble in 2010 for Congress, and trouble in 2012 for Obama. History shows the party in power takes it on the chin in midterms anyway, but this time it's going to be much worse than usual.

So, instead of parroting the shrill, Big Media and Dem blather about the tea party people, you should study this more, try to be fair-minded and realize the answer isn't either extreme you see. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Obama got just over 10 million more votes than McCain. How many of those voters do you think are having major buyer's remorse today?

Lots. A big percentage of them.

MM, I would have to say that post right there is one of the best I have ever read on here on any subject.

You are stating facts w/out hyperbole and hysterics, and making reasonable hypotheses of how America is thinking right now.

I think what you said needs to be discussed in a rational manner on here, because it makes so much sense.

You are correct, the truth IS somewhere in the middle.

Authoritarian fascist in America? Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona. What is cool is that when the investigation results are released and indictments issue, Joe will be in his own jail. That is a hoot.

Yeah, he's right up there with Chavez and Stalin. No doubt about it.

I have no problem with name calling, you fucking brain dead loon.

MM, I would have to say that post right there is one of the best I have ever read on here on any subject.

You are stating facts w/out hyperbole and hysterics, and making reasonable hypotheses of how America is thinking right now.

I think what you said needs to be discussed in a rational manner on here, because it makes so much sense.

You are correct, the truth IS somewhere in the middle.
Thank you!

I also often said, McCain is Obama's second best campaigner. And he was!

Forum List

Back