The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
He makes some good points.

"... you pretty much have sterile, generic, quantized rock music that has no vibe at all."

You may have a few ideas too, but bottom line is music sucks these days. Up until the past couple of decades I’ve loved and at least respected all styles of music. Classical, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Enya, I love many styles. I play piano, banjo and trumpet. I love the diversity in music.

But it’s all crap now. Even the Christian music that was my go-to for years. Boring crap.

Music is much better now than it was in the 80’s on the whole. For performers, songs are inventory though; the more you have, the more you can potentially sell.

Its much like politics in a way. The cigar smoke filled back rooms where candidates were picked rendered us the greatest nation to ever grace the planet. Today...we have a convicted criminal with no personal convictions or character running for the highest office and he has a good chance of winning. Disc jockeys and music execs used to pick what we heard.

Music is much better now than it was in the 80’s on the whole. For performers, songs are inventory though; the more you have, the more you can potentially sell.

Its much like politics in a way. The cigar smoke filled back rooms where candidates were picked rendered us the greatest nation to ever grace the planet. Today...we have a convicted criminal with no personal convictions or character running for the highest office and he has a good chance of winning. Disc jockeys and music execs used to pick what we heard.
The thread is about music, not your Trump hate.

It’s much like politics in a way. The cigar smoke filled back rooms where candidates were picked rendered us the greatest nation to ever grace the planet. Today...we have a convicted criminal with no personal convictions or character running for the highest office and he has a good chance of winning. Disc jockeys and music execs used to pick what we heard.
Name 3 songs that are diverse.

Nobody can name 3 songs released two years ago.

Yet everyone over 50 can name 3 dozen songs from the 80’s.

"... you pretty much have sterile, generic, quantized rock music that has no vibe at all."

You may have a few ideas too, but bottom line is music sucks these days. Up until the past couple of decades I’ve loved and at least respected all styles of music. Classical, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Enya, I love many styles. I play piano, banjo and trumpet. I love the diversity in music.

But it’s all crap now. Even the Christian music that was my go-to for years. Boring crap.

You see these 70 year old or older performers like Billy Joel and the Rolling Stones running around selling out venues to perform.

I can't imagine seeing Brittney Spears, for example, doing the same at 70.

Yea, the music today sucks.

No. The real reason music is getting worse is because....wait for it...you're getting older. :)
Like our parents and their parents before them, they said the same things about their children's choice in music.
You like what you grow up with.

No. The real reason music is getting worse is because....wait for it...you're getting older. :)
Like our parents and their parents before them, they said the same things about their children's choice in music.
You like what you grow up with.
The reason music is worse is because of Trump and climate change.

Name 3 songs from 5-10 years ago without looking it up.

The reason music is worse is because of Trump and climate change.

Name 3 songs from 5-10 years ago without looking it up.
What does Trump have to do with it? You stated music sucks. I don't much care for it nowadays either.
But that's because I like what I grew up with in the 70's and 80's.
I remember my parents walking through the living room turning their noses up at Pink Floyd, Duran Duran, and Styx in the late 70's and early 80's.

You're getting older and you like what you grew up with.

What does Trump have to do with it? You stated music sucks. I don't much care for it nowadays either.
But that's because I like what I grew up with in the 70's and 80's.
I remember my parents walking through the living room turning their noses up at Pink Floyd, Duran Duran, and Styx in the late 70's and early 80's.

You're getting older and you like what you grew up with.
It was a joke…..

I turned my nose up at Disco. But I respected it and it’s dead

Yeah, because we’re all old fucks. Ask a young person and it’s the opposite.
Dovetails
1719358559180.png

Beato is the best!!

Forum List

Back