The real “takers” in America are the unproductive, rent-extracting rich

You can lead a con to knowledge but you can't make him think...
whats to think about after you start out with lies or distortions????

Bill Gates is apparently some kind of a hero for you so of course you would choose to see it that way.

Gates Jobs Ford and all of them who make the products that give us the highest standard of living in human history plus 70% of all recent medical patents

Bill Gates gets credit for making a lucky deal
and so does Henry Ford and Edison, etc etc . Luck in capitalism, and luck in becoming a huge communist dictator like Hitler, Stalin, or Mao, is always important but then again Gates was also more passionate about computers than almost anyone of his generation (so was Jobs) so its not coincidental that he also had more luck than anyone of his generation.

Get it now?

Golfers like to say that the more you practice the "luckier" you get.

Bill Gates gets credit for making a lucky deal
and so does Henry Ford and Edison, etc etc . Luck in capitalism, and luck in becoming a huge communist dictator like Hitler, Stalin, or Mao, is always important but then again Gates was also more passionate about computers than almost anyone of his generation (so was Jobs) so its not coincidental that he also had more luck than anyone of his generation.

Get it now?

Golfers like to say that the more you practice the "luckier" you get.

liberals love equality in part because they lack the character to face their own failures so they need to drag the successful down to their level!

The real predator is Government.

its so true. They don't make a thing that can improve our standard of living, all they do is interfere with the capitalist process that got us from the stone age to here!!

I'm not about to defend the government here, but wouldn't we be kind of fucked without the interstate highway system? It helped commerce take off when Ike built it in the 50's.

its so true. They don't make a thing that can improve our standard of living, all they do is interfere with the capitalist process that got us from the stone age to here!!

I'm not about to defend the government here, but wouldn't we be kind of fucked without the interstate highway system? It helped commerce take off when Ike built it in the 50's.

dear the Romans built roads 2000 years ago. You don't need a big government or great intelligence to figure out where to put them. When national coordination is required the government can be useful for sure. Conservatives are not anarchists.

Far too many people take out of the economy and far too few put anything into it. My hero is the guy who goes to work, gets his hands dirty, comes home dead tired, hugs his wife and kids, eats dinner, watches an hour or so of TV, goes to bed, makes passionately love to his wife, falls asleep with a smile on his face, awakes the next morning and says, “Shit, not again” and does it anyway.

dear, its not a problem when we have capitalism. If someone has a bad product on the market nobody buys it and the seller goes out of business.

Remove capitalism and soon enough the whole world is a slum like China was before capitalism

You're being ridiculous. Just because I say I don't don't like irresponsible landlords doesn't mean I'm anti-capitalist. All I am saying is I prefer reputable business owners and not negligent ones. Keep your shirt on.

too stupid!! Capitalism requires that you be reputable. If not people simply buy elsewhere. This is why we are rich and why China switched to capitalism to get rich too!!

"Capitalism requires that you be reputable."

b.s. there are businessmen that get away being disreputable for years through deception, never get caught or held accountable.

Then they either sell their business or move onto another venture and keep their profits.

"If not people simply buy elsewhere."

I guess you never heard of monopolies.

No sir, you are the one that is too stupid and full of crap as well.

You're the stupid and full of crap one here.

Capitalism is not Fraud and Crime.

You make a good point, however if we had to build that system with the sort of big government regulatory nonsense we have now there's no way it would ever get done. The environmental impact studies alone would cripple the endeavor, never mind the unions slowing down production and quadrupling the cost. Then having to reroute everything once some bed wetting ecofascist found a bettle that was a little more green than the other ones, or a puddle was found and the EPA designated it a wetland.

You make a good point, however if we had to build that system with the sort of big government regulatory nonsense we have now there's no way it would ever get done. The environmental impact studies alone would cripple the endeavor, never mind the unions slowing down production and quadrupling the cost. Then having to reroute everything once some bed wetting ecofascist found a bettle that was a little more green than the other ones, or a puddle was found and the EPA designated it a wetland.

Too true. The Lefties have a tendency to cry up the freer market accomplishments of yesteryear as being the result of their current massive government agenda. They're not.

It's a lot like how Obama is touting increased oil and natgas production, which has all been done by the private sector in spite of the government.

History shows that a less popular reason the interstate highway system was build was, because of the Cold War, we could shuttle troops coast to coast faster and with greater ease. But it sure helped our economy boom and made us all more mobile.

Yea, you raise a good point about "what if" it were to be built today. I don't think unions would be the problem today as much as the tree-hugging fanatics out to save some fuckin' spotted toad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System

"The Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways (commonly known as the Interstate Highway System, Interstate Freeway System, Interstate System, or simply the Interstate) is a network of freeways that forms a part of the National Highway System of the United States."

Last edited:
You basically almost always have to be a 1%er to be president or be in congress anymore. That wouldn't be such a bad thing if you threw out the polarization. Take Obama and Romney. They are empiricists first and foremost, pragmatic and data-driven thinkers. That's today's "geeks" who end up being in the 1%. In fact, someone did a study of Obama's 1st inaguration speech (I think) and found that no other president used the terms "data" and "statistics." They're fact-driven men who only go on the "emotional" side to get votes. Nice think about 1%ers being politicians is that they're less likely to be bribed than the wanna-be millionaires who are extremely jealous of guys like Romney. Naturally, obscene corporate money still buys the elections. American elections are money arms races.

ut wouldn't we be kind of fucked without the interstate highway system? It helped commerce take off when Ike built it in the 50's.

it was the most obvious thing in the world. Let's not forget the Romans were building road 2000 years ago for their economy and military too!!!!

You make a good point, however if we had to build that system with the sort of big government regulatory nonsense we have now there's no way it would ever get done. The environmental impact studies alone would cripple the endeavor, never mind the unions slowing down production and quadrupling the cost. Then having to reroute everything once some bed wetting ecofascist found a bettle that was a little more green than the other ones, or a puddle was found and the EPA designated it a wetland.[/QUOTE]

History shows that a less popular reason the interstate highway system was build was, because of the Cold War, we could shuttle troops coast to coast faster and with greater ease. But it sure helped our economy boom and made us all more mobile.

Yea, you raise a good point about "what if" it were to be built today. I don't think unions would be the problem today as much as the tree-hugging fanatics out to save some fuckin' spotted toad.

Interstate Highway System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways (commonly known as the Interstate Highway System, Interstate Freeway System, Interstate System, or simply the Interstate) is a network of freeways that forms a part of the National Highway System of the United States."[/QUOTE]

Uh....the threshold income to be a 1%er is around $400K per year, and I believe the net wealth level is a few $M. That's not even close to where our Ruling Elites live. Try the .001%ers.

And as I posted in the thread "Government Money", it's not about wealth anymore, it's about concentration of power and access to taxpayer money.

Uh....the threshold income to be a 1%er is around $400K per year, and I believe the net wealth level is a few $M. That's not even close to where our Ruling Elites live. Try the .001%ers.

And as I posted in the thread "Government Money", it's not about wealth anymore, it's about concentration of power and access to taxpayer money.

Good point. Funny that there's a "war" between the 1%, the .01% and the .001%. Interestingly, I read tonight something I never thought about - both the Tea Party and the Occupy movement loathe them equally.

"The Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways (commonly known as the Interstate Highway System, Interstate Freeway System, Interstate System, or simply the Interstate) is a network of freeways that forms a part of the National Highway System of the United States."

knobby you forgot to mention the long straight aways of the highway system. perfect for a landing strip.

knobby you forgot to mention the long straight aways of the highway system. perfect for a landing strip.

Right. Amazing to think about that today, isn't it? I'm glad I missed the 50's. That was some paranoid stuff! The Cuban Missile Crisis justified that paranoia.

Right. Amazing to think about that today, isn't it? I'm glad I missed the 50's. That was some paranoid stuff! The Cuban Missile Crisis justified that paranoia.

yea it blows my mind it was not made for us. but for world warIII.

yea it blows my mind it was not made for us. but for world warIII.

well it was really made for all the cars and wars of the 20th Century

The Bureau of Public Roads asked the Army to provide a list of roads it considered necessary for national defense.[7] In 1922 General John J. Pershing, former head of the American Expeditionary Force in Europe during the war, complied by submitting a detailed network of 200,000 miles of interconnected primary highways—the so-called Pershing Map.[6]
A boom in road construction followed throughout the decade of the 1920s, with such projects as the New York parkway system constructed as part of a new national highway system. As automobile traffic increased, planners saw a need for such an interconnected national system to supplement the existing, largely non-freeway, United States Numbered Highways system. By the late 1930s, planning had expanded to a system of new superhighways.

Forum List

Back