The real “takers” in America are the unproductive, rent-extracting rich

I have a problem with slumlords or landlords who don't upkeep/maintain their buildings,

dear, its not a problem when we have capitalism. If someone has a bad product on the market nobody buys it and the seller goes out of business.

Remove capitalism and soon enough the whole world is a slum like China was before capitalism

I have a problem with slumlords or landlords who don't upkeep/maintain their buildings,

dear, its not a problem when we have capitalism. If someone has a bad product on the market nobody buys it and the seller goes out of business.

Remove capitalism and soon enough the whole world is a slum like China was before capitalism

From what I've read, most of China is still pretty shitty, they might have adopted market reforms, but the tyranny that comes with communism hasn't gone away.

From what I've read, most of China is still pretty shitty, they might have adopted market reforms, but the tyranny that comes with communism hasn't gone away.

dear, 60 million starved to death under liberal communism, now that many are buying cars.

See the difference????

Take the standard hitler speech and swap the word jew with "the rich" and you have a liberal rant.

yes what do rich folks like Gates and Jobs do for us anyway!!

I'm not too read on Jobs, and hear he was a prick. But Gates philanthropy and projects to America's improvement especially in education - though I don't agree with some of it - is stunning.

Stunning because if he didn't give it away the Government would Tax it away.

dear, 60 million starved to death under liberal communism, now that many are buying cars.

See the difference????

I'm not denying they have made progress, they've come a long way for sure and I'm looking forward to having a billion customers to buy more of the shit we make.

It's just that they still have issues suppressing decent and exploiting slavery.

It's just that they still have issues suppressing decent and exploiting slavery.[/COLOR]

their problems are trivial now thanks to Republican capitalism compared to 60 million starving to death and the other 1.1 billion living at subsistence

I have a problem with slumlords or landlords who don't upkeep/maintain their buildings, but perhaps some of the reputable landlords who rent worked hard to save up the money to buy property and do all/most of their own maintenance to keep the rent lower. So you are saying that property ownership/renting is inherently evil?

If you were talking about gold hedge fund managers who make billions (that's right billions) and pay little to no taxes, then you'd really understand what a parasite is.

Wrong. Even if they paid no taxes, they wouldn't be parasites.

You're entitled to your opinion, but they aren't adding much of anything to real growth, productivity or actual earnings. They are charging exorbitant fees for something that is a hot commodity and fleecing investors. You apparently have no problem with the highest earners paying no taxes. These gold hedge fund managers are using tax loopholes and basically paying no taxes, while people who make say $250K are paying through the nose.

You're being ridiculous. Just because I say I don't don't like irresponsible landlords doesn't mean I'm anti-capitalist. All I am saying is I prefer reputable business owners and not negligent ones. Keep your shirt on.

You're being ridiculous. Just because I say I don't don't like irresponsible landlords doesn't mean I'm anti-capitalist. All I am saying is I prefer reputable business owners and not negligent ones. Keep your shirt on.

too stupid!! Capitalism requires that you be reputable. If not people simply buy elsewhere. This is why we are rich and why China switched to capitalism to get rich too!!

When are you going to tell us who Bill Gates took from?

Note the shift - used to be pretty much European nations and the United States on this list. We still lead, but look at the impact globalization has had. Europe is third now behind Asian countries which should be no surprise. We're taking the hit yet millions in other countries are climbing out of poverty for the first time ever due to the evolution of the global economy.

"Once again the U.S. leads the list with 442 billionaires, followed by Asia-Pacific (386), Europe (366), the Americas (129) and the Middle East & Africa (103)."

Inside The 2013 Billionaires List: Facts and Figures - Forbes

Bill Gates gets credit for making a lucky deal with IBM back when PCs were in their infancy. After the Mac was introduced, they became the cheaper, inferior, knock-off and copied nearly every good idea they ever had from either Apple or other smaller software developers. Once in the position of market leadership, they were able to use our malfunctioning legal system to pay pennies-on-the-dollar fines for that IP theft. Bill Gates 'took' from a group of people too long to list.

Bill Gates gets credit for making a lucky deal
and so does Henry Ford and Edison, etc etc . Luck in capitalism, and luck in becoming a huge communist dictator like Hitler, Stalin, or Mao, is always important but then again Gates was also more passionate about computers than almost anyone of his generation (so was Jobs) so its not coincidental that he also had more luck than anyone of his generation.

Get it now?

and so does Henry Ford and Edison, etc etc . Luck in capitalism, and luck in becoming a huge communist dictator like Hitler, Stalin, or Mao, is always important but then again Gates was also more passionate about computers than almost anyone of his generation (so was Jobs) so its not coincidental that he also had more luck than anyone of his generation.

Get it now?

Did you read the rest of the post?

Solon.com

'nuff said.

Just diss the source, that's all it takes, hey? Well, like I told the OP there's lots of people studying world economics today and the book I'm currently reading confirms the OP's thesis. I understand a lot of people can't leave their partisan playbook comfort zones and think in the round, but this doesn't have anything much to do with politics, only to the extent that you can learn who really puts our "elected" officials into office. It's not you and me.

You have a lot to learn.

Ahhh, a pot meets kettle moment.

Get it now?

whats to read after you start out with lies or distortions????

The real predator is Government.

Get it now?

whats to read after you start out with lies or distortions????

You can lead a con to knowledge but you can't make him think...

Forum List

Back