The reality of Chinese Coronavirus, aka COVID-19

all of the evidence suggests it comes from the Wuhan lab
Ironically, that’s a lie.
You don't know shit. See post #13
I know more than you. The virus from the paper cited is not the same virus we are dealing with now. It’s irrelevant.
you obviously are not informed on this issue

we know the virus came from the Wehan lab

the only mystery is, did the Chinese send people fro Wuhan all over the world to intentionally spread the virus

some feel that the released the virus on purpose from the start; I am not ready to make that claim

however; they did shut down internal travel while still allowing and encouraging international travel -- the evidence against the Red Chinese is very damning

No, you don’t know it came from the lab. That’s made up nonsense. The virus itself is novel. Not been described. Bears mutations that are previously unknown and some which were discovered in the wild after the virus emerged in humans. It’s nonsense. Totally nonsense. Go ahead and show your proof if you want and we will discuss it.

Weird criticizing China for not shutting down international travel when even we didn’t do that with China.

I know more than you. The virus from the paper cited is not the same virus we are dealing with now. It’s irrelevant.
I am aware it is not the same virus.

However, it is ample proof they were working on it.

We also know that there are no bats sold in the Wuhan wet market, and the nearest bats to Wuhan are 900 km away.

Therefor, the most likely explanation?

fe99ee685dbdf6029c787bfc0c5f514a.jpg

Weird criticizing China for not shutting down international travel when even we didn’t do that with China.
they shut down internal travel, but kept sending people abroad -- pretty damning

and again, yes, we do know this came from a Chinese lab

We also know that there are no bats sold in the Wuhan wet market, and the nearest bats to Wuhan are 900 km away.

Lots of people were working on it. Coronavirus was responsible for the last SARS outbreak and therefore was of interest to understand the virus which has demonstrated potential to harm people.

This is not surprising in the least.

There are many explanations which are probably far more likely. You just haven’t thought of them. The transmission event could have happened into someone who traveled from the countryside into Wuhan. Hell, we don’t even know it was a bat who actually transmitted into to humans.

they shut down internal travel, but kept sending people abroad -- pretty damning

No. We don’t know this came from a Chinese lab. You make this claim without providing any evidence to support it. Not terribly surprising.

China has full authority to shut down internal travel. Shutting down foreign travel would trap foreign citizens inside the region. Would it not?

Lots of people were working on it. Coronavirus was responsible for the last SARS outbreak and therefore was of interest to understand the virus which has demonstrated potential to harm people.

There are many explanations which are probably far more likely. You just haven’t thought of them. The transmission event could have happened into someone who traveled from the countryside into Wuhan. Hell, we don’t even know it was a bat who actually transmitted into to humans.

No. We don’t know this came from a Chinese lab. You make this claim without providing any evidence to support it. Not terribly surprising.

China has full authority to shut down internal travel. Shutting down foreign travel would trap foreign citizens inside the region. Would it not?
. . . and there is no evidence for the claims that it jumped from animals either.

So, given that we have no evidence either way, and we know pathogens have escaped from that lab before?

Only a fool would believe YOUR paradigm.

. . . but most of us have already started to believe you are a fool.

Okay. So? The virus in question is not engineered as evidence by analysis of its genome.

. . . and there is no evidence for the claims that it jumped from animals either.

So, given that we have no evidence either way, and we know pathogens have escaped from that lab before?

Plenty of evidence. Animal populations are reservoirs of many viruses that occasionally jump to humans. This is consistent with known events from other diseases.

You can’t just say “there is no evidence” without knowing if it’s true or not.

Weird criticizing China for not shutting down international travel when even we didn’t do that with China
keep digging baw, you may eventually get something right

broke clocks and squirrels with acorns...

You were saying?

Plenty of evidence. Animal populations are reservoirs of many viruses that occasionally jump to humans. This is consistent with known events from other diseases.

You can’t just say “there is no evidence” without knowing if it’s true or not.
O.K.

Link to an incident.

Okay. So? The virus in question is not engineered as evidence by analysis of its genome.
Says the scientist on the payroll of Big government and the spooks.

Says the scientist on the payroll of Big government and the spooks.

This is a trait of conspiracy theorists. Any evidence against the conspiracy doesn’t result in doubt of the conspiracy, it just makes the conspiracy bigger.

You were saying?
so, we mostly let Americans come home; most were tested or went into quarantine

Now imaging if China ended all international travel and those Americans couldn’t have come home.

We’d be righteously pissed.

(And for the record, very, very, very few were tested. Very, very, very few were quarantined. Americans returning from areas with the virus is almost undoubtedly how the virus took hold in this country).

I am not claiming it was bioengineered; although many ARE making the claim

I am saying that the virus escaped from their lab, which everyone with any knowledge or the situation and credibility now believes

I am not claiming it was bioengineered; although many ARE making the claim

I am saying that the virus escaped from their lab, which everyone with any knowledge or the situation and credibility now believes

And why do they believe that?

saw this on another forum & though it as worth sharing here

no links, as I am not trying to promote another forum:

There is a lot of misinformation on both sides of this issue.

The reality is that two things can be true at the same time:

1. There is a novel respiratory virus that is more deadly than the flu and dangerous because of the fact that no one has immunity and it can be spread asymptomatically therefore cases can increase incredibly quickly. This is more of a problem in areas with high population density.

2. We need to get back to work or else we risk compounding the pain and suffering through unemployment and economic collapse. Sitting at home doesn’t cure the virus or solve the problem.

There is no need to create a false dichotomy.

The fake news and fear mongering is being countered with equally fake news on the other side that the virus is a hoax, the numbers are cooked, and people are dying WITH coronavirus not BECAUSE of coronavirus.

Just be honest, it’s going to suck for some but we need to deal with it and all get back to work while acting responsibly by washing our hands, wearing masks, and avoiding unnecessary interactions.

Oh, and fuck China for being so incompetent by letting this virus escape from their lab and trying to cover it up.
I think some people are missing the reality that:
We have proof that show that social distancing does reduce the spread of the virus but also seriously damages our economy.

Returning to normalcy will require that we abandon most social distancing by returning to ball games, concerts, business meetings, conventions, parades, fairs, crowded stores, riding buses and trains, beeches and parks, our schools, and thousands of other activities that are part of normal American life.

If social distancing decreases the spread of the virus, then abandoning social distancing will surely increase the spread unless we do something different which seems unlikely to happen in the near future.

So we really have a choice between the economy and allowing the virus to run it's course which would mean 12 million total cases and 1.6 million deaths by the end of the year assuming the current rates remain the same. But those rates would almost surely increase if we abandon social distancing. However, if we don't crank up the economy we may be in a depression by the end of year that tops the great depression. To me it looks like a lose lose situation.

Forum List

Back