The rebellion in Michigan Has Begun

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
This is how "that woman in Michigan" talks to the people who gave her the job. She wont be returning. I voted for Patrick Colbeck.

Matthew Seely, a spokesman for the Michigan Conservative Coalition, said the event is intended to be "nonpartisan."

"We are asking people to become united on this one issue — all Michiganders to say we've gone too far," he said. "We're responsible adults and can be trusted to go out in public."

Whitmer said it's "OK to be frustrated" and "angry."

"I've got thick skin," she said. "And I'm always going to defend your right to free speech. So, I just ask that those who are protesting these orders do so in a safe manner so you don't get sick and you don't subject our first responders to risk, either."
Thanks for the "permission" to be angry 'mom'. This is what a true Nanny State looks like

Last edited:
Liberals are dying left and right, but opening Michingan up is kinda dicey. There hasn't been enough testing done there and deaths are still climbing. I'd want around 15K per 1M pop for testing and something like 2.4% mortality rate.

Liberals are dying left and right, but opening Michingan up is kinda dicey. There hasn't been enough testing done there and deaths are still climbing. I'd want around 15K per 1M pop for testing and something like 2.4% mortality rate.
The only real problem is in the Detroit area.

Oakland County (a wealthy area north of Detroit) just now requires ALL WORKERS to wear masks. Shoppers too. At least they're making accommodations for WORK. Whitmers DECREES are described by the Chamber of Commerce as INSANE. There is a lot of pushback beginning.

She is getting hammered today....wow...this virus has uncovered some little Tyrants masquerading as governors and mayors....
I'm afraid these little dictators have grown to like this newly discovered power. They wont easily give it up. Watch them fight President Trump every step of the way as he opens up the country

Last edited:
This is how "that woman in Michigan" talks to the people who gave her the job. She wont be returning. I voted for Patrick Colbeck.

Matthew Seely, a spokesman for the Michigan Conservative Coalition, said the event is intended to be "nonpartisan."

"We are asking people to become united on this one issue — all Michiganders to say we've gone too far," he said. "We're responsible adults and can be trusted to go out in public."

"I've got thick skin," she said. "And I'm always going to defend your right to free speech. So, I just ask that those who are protesting these orders do so in a safe manner so you don't get sick and you don't subject our first responders to risk, either."
Thanks for the "permission" to be angry 'mom'. This is what a true Nanny State looks like

If you idiots could conduct yourselves as adults, you wouldn't need to be talked down to and shamed like children.

She is getting hammered today....wow...this virus has uncovered some little Tyrants masquerading as governors and mayors....
I'm afraid these little dictators have grown to like this newly discovered power. They wont easily give it up. Watch them fight Oresident Trump every step of the way as he opens up the country

He could resign, then, problem solved!

If you idiots could conduct yourselves as adults, you wouldn't need to be talked down to and shamed like children.
And THERE IT IS. the "dictator" hiding inside every damn Democrat.

And THERE IT IS. the "dictator" hiding inside every damn Democrat.

Shaping the fuck up and getting your shit together isn't a political issue, you clown.

I'm afraid these little dictators have grown to like this newly discovered power. They wont easily give it up. Watch them fight Oresident Trump every step of the way as he opens up the country

He could resign, then, problem solved!
:206:

You and the Orange Virus are just as useless as the regressives you rail against. Get a room already.

I have a hypothesis about why Michigan took an early lead on infections, especially in minority communities and trailer parks.

Michigan has one of the highest bottle return refund rates, at $.10/unit, in the nation. Most stores, from the Big Box stores, to little gas stations and small liquor stores were pretty slow to refuse refunds on these bottles and cans.

Michiganders are pretty hooked on their 10 bottles and cans back for a buck. Thirty, forty cans, and you can get a cheap six pack in some localities, a dozen can get you a 40oz.

I really wonder how much this fueled the flames of spreading this infection before the stores got wise. . . . . especially in the poorer areas of the metro area, where this is a fundamental part of the economy.

One half of all governors do not have it in their state charter that they have this sort of power. They do have it for war, civil unrest and weather related disasters but not for a flu bug.

Last edited:
It seems that the wicked witch of the north, aka the Mich governor considers spring gardens a hazard to public health. She ordered (Lowes) garden centers to close down. My guess is that she will be on the top of Biden's potential V.P. list.

I have a hypothesis about why Michigan took an early lead on infections, especially in minority communities and trailer parks.

Michigan has one of the highest bottle return refund rates, at $.10/unit, in the nation. Most stores, from the Big Box stores, to little gas stations and small liquor stores were pretty slow to refuse refunds on these bottles and cans.

Michiganders are pretty hooked on their 10 bottles and cans back for a buck. Thirty, forty cans, and you can get a cheap six pack in some localities, a dozen can get you a 40oz.

I really wonder how much this fueled the flames of spreading this infection before the stores got wise. . . . . especially in the poorer areas of the metro area, where this is a fundamental part of the economy.
Maybe. Nobody's taking bottles now, for the "safety" of the employees

Thinks a protest is a rebellion.^^ lol

not what you said after the vagina march.

Lol, no. Everyone knew that was a protest, not a rebellion.

Lol, no. Everyone knew that was a protest, not a rebellion.
oh bullshit. why was it aired on every news outlet?

In my opinion, this NBC "news piece," attacks Betsy Devos and her family, it is largely a hit piece, and not grounded in reality. They really seem to want to paint Whitmer in a favorable light. . . anyone want to guess why? :20:

It deflects blame from Whitmer's terrible policy and populist rage against her authoritarian nonsense.

". . . Nick Wasmiller, a spokesperson for the DeVos family, said the family hasn’t funded the protest and hasn’t offered prior support to the Michigan Conservative Coalition.

“They understand the frustration of fellow Michiganders, however, as elements of the governor’s top-down approach appear to go beyond public safety," he said. "Michigan deserves competent governance – not baseless attacks.”

Betsy DeVos “has nothing to do with that protest,” said Tony Daunt, executive director of the Michigan Freedom Fund.

Daunt said the extent of the Michigan Freedom Fund’s involvement so far was to spend $250 promoting the protest on social media, and said Whitmer “is recklessly playing politics" instead of answering to concerns from constituents about the stay-at-home order.

“She’s seeking to distract from the fact that thousands of people are upset from these actions by suggesting this is only happening because people are bought off,” he said. “It’s offensive.”

Forum List

Back