🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Republican party dodged a bullet

They essentially won this election. It's a best case scenario. They've managed to rid themselves of Trump, without losing power entirely. They should count their blessings and focus on those runoff elections in GA. Holding the Senate is vital. Then, they need top prepare for a full frontal assault on the EC.
What you said is true in many aspects, but
I havent heard the fat lady yet.

:auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::funnyface:

View attachment 412540

No worky....Can you post the link with a space in it, so the video can be seen by those who want to see it.

They essentially won this election. It's a best case scenario. They've managed to rid themselves of Trump, without losing power entirely. They should count their blessings and focus on those runoff elections in GA. Holding the Senate is vital. Then, they need top prepare for a full frontal assault on the EC.
If Trump does lose, I don't think the party has "managed to rid themselves" of him. He might very launch that media company, and he'd be ALL OVER IT. His minions aren't going anywhere. He is literally their hero. They'll only back Trump-like GOP candidates, because they need his approval.

The party may have this stink on it for as long as he's talking.

He will certainly be desperately seeking HEY LOOKA ME ATTENTION as he always has. There's no way around that, it's like a wart.
That is, at least until the day he goes to prison.

I agree with the OP though. The numbers show that it was the person, not the party, that disgusted the electorate, although there is some degree of residual negative sentiment about "anybody who sucked up to this asshole" by association.
I can see that, but I've never looked at this as Trump. It's Trumpism. It's fueled by talk radio, and Trump is simply the symbol of it. I don't see these people suddenly switching back to the evil commie RINOs they've been insulting for so long.

Or, I could be wrong. What I do know is that we need two serious, credible parties, and we don't have them.

I suspect those affected by Follower Syndrome will just obediently follow whoever says "follow me" regardless of parties or labels. They've certainly bent over backward to demonstrate that's what they want.

I've always drawn a stark distinction between Rump and the party (horse) he chose to ride for the occasion. Person is not Party, Party is not Person. Obviously he has no personal politics beyond "serve Numero Uno", which is why opposition to him was never political but personal. Those who sycophrantically shill for him like to hide behind concepts of "the right" or "Republicans" but those are irrelevant.

What Rump brought to the stage was Cult of Personality, certainly nowhere near the first to do so but the latest. Cultism could be couched in politics, it could be couched in religion, it could be couched in pop culture, and equally destructive in any avenue but particularly where power is involved. Its weapon is dystopian mass psychology and its enemy is Free Thought. Those who relinquish the latter fill the swamp the rest of us have to swim in.
Well, on the positive side, it's highly unlikely that the party will find anyone who can replicate the cartoon character who led the cult. His sons, maybe, but that remains to be seen.

It'll be interesting as hell to watch. But I'm certain he's going to stay involved. There is no way in hell he's going to let this adoration go to waste. He's going to drink every last drop of it. It's his oxygen.

If Trump does lose, I don't think the party has "managed to rid themselves" of him. He might very launch that media company, and he'd be ALL OVER IT. His minions aren't going anywhere. He is literally their hero. They'll only back Trump-like GOP candidates, because they need his approval.

He will certainly be desperately seeking HEY LOOKA ME ATTENTION as he always has. There's no way around that, it's like a wart.
That is, at least until the day he goes to prison.

I agree with the OP though. The numbers show that it was the person, not the party, that disgusted the electorate, although there is some degree of residual negative sentiment about "anybody who sucked up to this asshole" by association.
I can see that, but I've never looked at this as Trump. It's Trumpism. It's fueled by talk radio, and Trump is simply the symbol of it. I don't see these people suddenly switching back to the evil commie RINOs they've been insulting for so long.

Or, I could be wrong. What I do know is that we need two serious, credible parties, and we don't have them.

I suspect those affected by Follower Syndrome will just obediently follow whoever says "follow me" regardless of parties or labels. They've certainly bent over backward to demonstrate that's what they want.

I've always drawn a stark distinction between Rump and the party (horse) he chose to ride for the occasion. Person is not Party, Party is not Person. Obviously he has no personal politics beyond "serve Numero Uno", which is why opposition to him was never political but personal. Those who sycophrantically shill for him like to hide behind concepts of "the right" or "Republicans" but those are irrelevant.

What Rump brought to the stage was Cult of Personality, certainly nowhere near the first to do so but the latest. Cultism could be couched in politics, it could be couched in religion, it could be couched in pop culture, and equally destructive in any avenue but particularly where power is involved. Its weapon is dystopian mass psychology and its enemy is Free Thought. Those who relinquish the latter fill the swamp the rest of us have to swim in.
Well, on the positive side, it's highly unlikely that the party will find anyone who can replicate the cartoon character who led the cult. His sons, maybe, but that remains to be seen.

It'll be interesting as hell to watch. But I'm certain he's going to stay involved. There is no way in hell he's going to let this adoration go to waste. He's going to drink every last drop of it. It's his oxygen.

It's hard to believe any political party would want such a toxic clown. I'm still stupefied that the RP allowed him to happen. And to some extent they have to answer for that, that is, those who did allow it, and there were considerable numbers among them who didn't.

Some of this is going to follow some of them around, like Marco Rubio, like Lindsey Graham. Thom Tillis if he survives.

They had their chance; they could have nominated somebody sane. They chose greed over integrity.

As for Rump's progeny I don't see any of them being taken seriously on their own without the madman propping them up.

People are nuts if they dont think other republicans will now copy the Trump playbook for making our economy roar.
The "Trump playbook for making the economy roar":
  1. Massive spending increases
  2. Massive deficit increases
  3. Massive debt increases
  4. Protracted manufacturing recession throughout 2019
  5. Bond yields crashing by 60%
  6. Reliance on the central Federal Reserve for using TRILLIONS to be the market buyer of last resort
  7. Reliance on the NY Fed to pour $1.5 TRILLION into short term credit markets to grease the system
  8. All that, for a 2.4% GDP growth figure when the virus hit
Wow, that's really great.

I'll bet you haven't been told any of that in your world.

What is Bidens Playbook?
You're on "the internet". If you had any curiosity, at all, you would look it up.

But then, you'd dismiss it.
Anyone in their right mind would dismiss it.
As I predicted, you have no idea what I'm talking about.
Youre talking about Biden, who doesnt know what he is talking about.
So you'll just ignore the 8 specific data points I provided that make a mockery of your silly "Trump playbook" comment.

You're welcome to try to prove ANY of them wrong. The more, the merrier.

I'll wait here.
No one cares about your talking points.

Man, if I had this many heads of rabid lefty hacks jammed up my ass, I'd start to wonder.....

Mac slams Trump, starts humping the leg of the nearest Democrat. Where have we seen that before?

You're Mr. Spam. No content ever. 74K posts with the sum total of see Dick run in content.

You love you some Democrats. Got it. Got it 74K posts ago ...
I'd start to question myself if I had the heads of this many rabid hack lefties jammed up my ass, but dblack goes along like it's the natural order of things.

• Funny
Reactions: kaz
Republicans have no credible but for being right wing tools with no guiding political principles, ethics, or morals. Right wingers voted in a reality tv guy not a Republican.

Really good OP. I'm gonna bookmark this and see how the chips fall. Are you in?

Man, if I had this many heads of rabid lefty hacks jammed up my ass, I'd start to wonder.....

Mac slams Trump, starts humping the leg of the nearest Democrat. Where have we seen that before?

You're Mr. Spam. No content ever. 74K posts with the sum total of see Dick run in content.

You love you some Democrats. Got it. Got it 74K posts ago ...
I'd start to question myself if I had the heads of this many rabid hack lefties jammed up my ass, but dblack goes along like it's the natural order of things.

Yep. dblack never grasps that we can see conversations he has with other posters. Republicans and libertarians and ... as you pointed out Democrats ... all think dblack is a Democrat

:) - sure. I could certainly be wrong.

I'm not clear exactly what you're challenging, and I'm not dblack's #1 fan. Can you be more specific?

Forum List

Back