The Republican Party’s Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump

I guess a lot of the Republican insiders are kicking themselves for not getting on the superdelegate bandwagon. :laugh2:

One of the major attributes for which Trump is touted is his ability to negotiate and how he will use it garner better terms when it comes to international treaties. I, however, am not too sure that skill necessarily translates from the business to the diplomatic arenas. Business negotiations focus on the bottom line and no matter how much the parties can't stand each other, if the bottom line makes sense, the deal is usually made. In the diplomatic world national pride comes into play, making Trump's personality and tendency to salty language a possible reason for talks to be unproductive.

For all of you that are dying to respond, tell me where I'm wrong about Trump. We're talking about him , not Bernie.
Remember that conservatives are the masters of the red herring fallacy, most on the right use deflection in a failed attempt to draw attention away from the fact that the GOP has nothing of value or merit to offer the American people – just their politics of fear, personal attacks, and lies.
^ that

Some might try to advance the wrongheaded argument that the GOP's efforts are somehow 'anti-democratic,' or otherwise exhibit 'contempt' for the will of republican voters who have voted to make Trump the nominee.

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth – the GOP is a private entity, at liberty to nominate whomever it wishes as its presidential candidate by whatever means it wishes; and if the republican party doesn't want Trump as its nominee, there's nothing compelling it to do so:

'As post-debate pollsters assess how far the mighty Trump may have fallen after Wednesday’s Republican debate, there’s another dynamic that may deny him the 2016 nomination: Republican Party bosses could rig the arcane rules governing awarding delegates and convention votes to keep the nomination from Trump.

“I think they will eventually,” said Curly Haugland, a Republican National Committee member from North Dakota and longtime RNC Rules Committee member, in an interview before Wednesday’s presidential debate. “This process was set up for Bush or Walker to win—establishment guys.”
[...]
Haugland spent an hour on the phone patiently dissecting the RNC’s 21-pagerule book. Delegates are not bound to vote for any candidate once the convention opens, he said, citing various sections. Winner-take-all delegate allocations from the states are prohibited, he said, even though that’s what RNC attorneys want many states to agree to after March 15. The convention is run under Robert’s Rules of Order, not legally bound by state election results. And with so many candidates, it’s likely that no one will reach the RNC’s required threshold to put names officially into nomination, he said, which is a majority of RNC members from 8 states or U.S. territories backing a candidate.'

Can GOP Party Bosses Rig the Rules to Keep Trump from Winning? You Bet!
Your comments:
Some might try to advance the wrongheaded argument that the GOP's efforts are somehow 'anti-democratic,' or otherwise exhibit 'contempt' for the will of republican voters who have voted to make Trump the nominee.

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth – the GOP is a private entity, at liberty to nominate whomever it wishes as its presidential candidate by whatever means it wishes; and if the republican party doesn't want Trump as its nominee, there's nothing compelling it to do so:

Can GOP Party Bosses Rig the Rules to Keep Trump from Winning? You Bet!

I can imagine the incredible backlash the GOP would suffer if they tried to nominate "whoever they wished" by changing the rules of the convention. That would probably cause a third party to develop by former Republicans immediately after they tried to rig the convention to effectuate a candidate they approve of as a nominee..It will end the GOP Party once and for all.

Forum List

Back