🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Republican's Latest Tactic Has Been To Attack Obama By Comparing Him To Bush

Latest? Shit, I thought it was one of their first tactics back to 2009.

Is this going to be his {Pick your favorite Bush fuckup and insert here} moment?

oh oh oh (jumping up and down waving hand in the back of the classroom) Mine was "grow the pie higher."

Seriously, W took grief for no child's behind left, but the reality is it did force school's to look for some degree of accountability/outcome, and at least here it's led to real reform with threateing charter schools for failed districts.

He missed osama in Afghan, but I give him a pass because we had no port, And Iraq is indefensibible. But he got unfairly hammered over Katrina. That was just a tidal wave washing over him. He screwed up FEMA, but that's hindsight and had nothing to do with the people stuck in the Superdome.

But the analogy is apt when it comes down to middle of the road voters just not having any interest in what a guy's selling. Obamacare will be judged a failure. However, it's probably inevitable we will now have some system of universal care.

If Barack Obama were a Republican, every single Obamabot on this Board would be calling for Impeachment. His abuses and assaults on our Constitution are unlawful and unforgivable. These are very dark times for our Nation. Our last three Presidents should have all been Impeached for crimes against the American People. Three criminals in a row. WTG America! You're on a roll.

Did Obama extend Bush's taxes?
Did Obama follow Bush's timeline in Iraq?
Did Obama continue & even expand Bush's war on terror?
Did Obama close Bush's Gitmo?
Did Obama expand on Bush's TARP?
Did Obama lie and people died?
Did Obama continue Bush's spying program?

Did you leftie morons just fall off the wagon or were you born this stupid?

Did Obama extend Bush's taxes?
Did Obama follow Bush's timeline in Iraq?
Did Obama continue & even expand Bush's war on terror?
Did Obama close Bush's Gitmo?
Did Obama expand on Bush's TARP?
Did Obama lie and people died?
Did Obama continue Bush's spying program?

Did you leftie morons just fall off the wagon or were you born this stupid?

Convenient ignorance. Sadly, this sums up most loyal Obamabots...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-sdO6pwVHQ]Help Obama Kickstart World War III! - YouTube[/ame]

I lean libertarian in a few areas, but I don't believe Bush deserved impeachment. I do believe we can cut most foreign aid and close half of the overseas military installations. We don't need to be the world's policeman. This would all be easier if we were energy independent which the libs have primarily kept us from becoming.

Obama not only should be impeached and convicted, he should be executed for treason and fraud!

I lean libertarian in a few areas, but I don't believe Bush deserved impeachment. I do believe we can cut most foreign aid and close half of the overseas military installations. We don't need to be the world's policeman. This would all be easier if we were energy independent which the libs have primarily kept us from becoming.

Obama not only should be impeached and convicted, he should be executed for treason and fraud!

So Carter was right after all. :lol:

History News Network | Is it Safe Now to Admit Jimmy Carter Was Right?

"Crisis of Confidence" Speech (July 15, 1979)?Miller Center

Carter was not correct in thinking citizens would take personal responsibility. Pollyanna!

Now, if Carter and others would have pushed through more drilling for oil and natural gas here, we would be energy independent like Dubya wanted. More refineries could now be functioning, and we could pull all our troops out of the ME, and just rely on air power to make a point when needed.

Carter was not correct in thinking citizens would take personal responsibility. Pollyanna!

Now, if Carter and others would have pushed through more drilling for oil and natural gas here, we would be energy independent like Dubya wanted. More refineries could now be functioning, and we could pull all our troops out of the ME, and just rely on air power to make a point when needed.

oh god's sakes at least try for a little historical accuracy. In 1977 no one knew about fracking and Carter was trying to figure out how to get oil out of SHALE, like in tar sands. Not that it worked well then, either.

I'm certainly no Carter Fan. He's a typical Communist/Progressive. I disagree with just about everything he stands for. But i have to say the man has integrity. He isn't corrupt. He's an honorable man.

Carter would not pass the far left bill on healthcare and they took him down for not doing it. Even Carter said that doing so would bankrupt the country. Probably one of the very rare and few smart things he did as president.

Carter would not pass the far left bill on healthcare and they took him down for not doing it. Even Carter said that doing so would bankrupt the country. Probably one of the very rare and few smart things he did as president.

Carter is a Saint compared to our last three Presidents. I disagreed with him but i had respect for him. He isn't a criminal like Clinton, Bush, and Obama.

oh god's sakes at least try for a little historical accuracy. In 1977 no one knew about fracking and Carter was trying to figure out how to get oil out of SHALE, like in tar sands. Not that it worked well then, either.

According to a 2010 fracking history by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), the idea of non-explosive alternatives to nitroglycerin took root in the 1930s. Experiments through the next decade paved the way for the first industrial-scale commercial uses of the modern patented “Hydrafrac” process in1949, with Halliburton holding an exclusive license in the early years. SPE recounts that 332 wells were fracked in the first year alone, with up to 75 percent production increases recorded. By the mid-1950s, fracking hit a pace of about 3,000 wells a month.

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/fossil-power/fracking-a-look-back

So fracking has been around forever, it's the horizontal drilling techniques that have improved. Furthermore back then Natural gas was often seen as a by-product and was often just burned off.

Carter clearly spelled out his plan for energy independence. It included more production at home, conservation and advances in alternative energy. I just found it funny a rabid rightie like birddog would claim liberals don't want energy independence.

According to a 2010 fracking history by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), the idea of non-explosive alternatives to nitroglycerin took root in the 1930s. Experiments through the next decade paved the way for the first industrial-scale commercial uses of the modern patented “Hydrafrac” process in1949, with Halliburton holding an exclusive license in the early years. SPE recounts that 332 wells were fracked in the first year alone, with up to 75 percent production increases recorded. By the mid-1950s, fracking hit a pace of about 3,000 wells a month.

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/fossil-power/fracking-a-look-back

So fracking has been around forever, it's the horizontal drilling techniques that have improved. Furthermore back then Natural gas was often seen as a by-product and was often just burned off.

Carter clearly spelled out his plan for energy independence. It included more production at home, conservation and advances in alternative energy. I just found it funny a rabid rightie like birddog would claim liberals don't want energy independence.

More far left propaganda.

I wasn't just talking about Carter. The easy potential has been available in our country to drill traditionally for oil and gas and become energy independent. Your ignorance of the oil industry is showing. That's not to say that politics from both sides the aisle have not thwarted progress, because they have. The environmental lies of the dimocrats have been the main roadblocks though.

Oh, and try not to take things out of context, and try not to talk down to your betters! :cheeky-smiley-018:

For the last few weeks the RW talking point has been to compare Obamacare to any number of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

"Oh this is Obama's Katrina."

"It's Obama's Iraq War."

"This is President Obama's 'You're doing a heck of a job Brownie!"

The list goes on, and the GOPers and pundits come out with some attack comparing Obamacare to any one of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that even the rightiest of RWers know without the shadow of a doubt that G.W. Bush was THEE WORST President in modern history.

Excellent observation, MarcATL.

Had Carter been reelected we'd have achieved energy independence, although I gotta say the oil shale thing was shaky science, and still is. But the problem was we didn't like driving 55 in 4cyl POS. But, yeah the right has a direct need to rewrite history.

But, then, today's liberals also have a tendency to think people will like the govt deciding what insurance they have ... or what cars they drive. Carter knew it was unpopular, but he had the naive belief that people would choose to do the right thing for the country. He was a lousy politcian. Ironically, Obama finds people to be likewise tedious, but he loves giving a big speech.

Is it '3 strikes and yer out' for our Nation? Can we overcome what these last 3 criminal Presidents have done to our Nation? They've taken so much of our Freedom & Liberty away. They've shredded the Constitution. I just don't know if we can recover. I'm not optimistic.

Is it '3 strikes and yer out' for our Nation? Can we overcome what these last 3 criminal Presidents have done to our Nation? They've taken so much of our Freedom & Liberty away. They've shredded the Constitution. I just don't know if we can recover. I'm not optimistic.

And after all that, we'll no doubt fall for the 'lesser of two evils' again and again.

For the last few weeks the RW talking point has been to compare Obamacare to any number of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

"Oh this is Obama's Katrina."

"It's Obama's Iraq War."

"This is President Obama's 'You're doing a heck of a job Brownie!"

The list goes on, and the GOPers and pundits come out with some attack comparing Obamacare to any one of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that even the rightiest of RWers know without the shadow of a doubt that G.W. Bush was THEE WORST President in modern history.

Excellent observation, MarcATL.

All based on far left programming that is based in reality.

Forum List

Back