The Rich and Famous at the Farm Bill Trough

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
This shit has been going on for many years, through different administrations. Congress members, past and present, know full well that this is going on. The farm bills are always touted as a way to help the poor, struggling families who own farms. As with most bills, the farm bills aren't what they claim and it actually hurts the small farmers- the ones it is supposed to help. Every time someone opposes another farm bill, they are accused of being cold hearted and against the little guy. Passing these bills is what hurts them and if congress would actually bother to read bills before they vote on them, they would know that. Usually, they don't care as long as their desired bit of pork is attached, so they vote for what they want and don't give any thought to what is in the rest of the bill or how it will affect people.

Of course, the latest "farm bill" was a bunch of pork tucked in around a big favor for Monsanto. Yea, help those greedy, unscrupulous big business at the expense of the average tax payer. That bill will ensure tainted food forever and it was passed on Obama's watch. Are Dems for the little guy or for the wealthy? If you go by the legislation they passed, you see that they are everything they accuse the Repubs of being.

If this administration really cares about the little guy, they will focus on things that actually help. Instead we get bills that favor big business and health care reform that the people who passed it are running from. I think we deserve better.

Look at the people who are getting money - OUR hard earned money - because politicians created a means to transfer money to those who likely support their political campaigns. I don't care what side of the fence you're on politically, this is wrong and needs to stop. Obama closed tours to the WH, yet the government gives away billions to hostile countries and billions more to their wealthy friends.

There are no farms in Manhattan, but residents there have collected subsidies totaling nearly $9 million in the past seven years. Recipients also include Mark F. Rockefeller ($356,018) and David Rockefeller ($591,057). Yes, the Rockefeller family (Standard Oil, Chase Manhattan Bank, etc.).

>>>>

The top recipient of subsidies in the EWG data base is Riceland Foods, Inc., self-described as “the world’s largest miller and marketer of rice.” It collected $554,343,039 between 1995 and 2012. According to news reports, Riceland reported sales of $1.16 billion during 2011–2012, the fifth consecutive year of billion-plus revenues for the company.

The subsidies collected by large enterprises make it more difficult for small farms to stay in business. The flow of free dollars to big farms increases demand for farmland, which, in turn, raises the price of property. Smaller players and newcomers are priced out or left to compete in niche markets.

The Rich and Famous at the Farm Bill Trough | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

This shit has been going on for many years, through different administrations. Congress members, past and present, know full well that this is going on. The farm bills are always touted as a way to help the poor, struggling families who own farms. As with most bills, the farm bills aren't what they claim and it actually hurts the small farmers- the ones it is supposed to help. Every time someone opposes another farm bill, they are accused of being cold hearted and against the little guy. Passing these bills is what hurts them and if congress would actually bother to read bills before they vote on them, they would know that. Usually, they don't care as long as their desired bit of pork is attached, so they vote for what they want and don't give any thought to what is in the rest of the bill or how it will affect people.

Of course, the latest "farm bill" was a bunch of pork tucked in around a big favor for Monsanto. Yea, help those greedy, unscrupulous big business at the expense of the average tax payer. That bill will ensure tainted food forever and it was passed on Obama's watch. Are Dems for the little guy or for the wealthy? If you go by the legislation they passed, you see that they are everything they accuse the Repubs of being.

If this administration really cares about the little guy, they will focus on things that actually help. Instead we get bills that favor big business and health care reform that the people who passed it are running from. I think we deserve better.

Look at the people who are getting money - OUR hard earned money - because politicians created a means to transfer money to those who likely support their political campaigns. I don't care what side of the fence you're on politically, this is wrong and needs to stop. Obama closed tours to the WH, yet the government gives away billions to hostile countries and billions more to their wealthy friends.

There are no farms in Manhattan, but residents there have collected subsidies totaling nearly $9 million in the past seven years. Recipients also include Mark F. Rockefeller ($356,018) and David Rockefeller ($591,057). Yes, the Rockefeller family (Standard Oil, Chase Manhattan Bank, etc.).

>>>>

The top recipient of subsidies in the EWG data base is Riceland Foods, Inc., self-described as “the world’s largest miller and marketer of rice.” It collected $554,343,039 between 1995 and 2012. According to news reports, Riceland reported sales of $1.16 billion during 2011–2012, the fifth consecutive year of billion-plus revenues for the company.

The subsidies collected by large enterprises make it more difficult for small farms to stay in business. The flow of free dollars to big farms increases demand for farmland, which, in turn, raises the price of property. Smaller players and newcomers are priced out or left to compete in niche markets.

The Rich and Famous at the Farm Bill Trough | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

We live in a plutocracy. And this is the type of actions plutocrats like to do. They take care of each other. Party does not matter. Wealth and the contol of wealth means everything.

Just the way it is in America.

We live in a plutocracy. And this is the type of actions plutocrats like to do. They take care of each other. Party does not matter. Wealth and the contol of wealth means everything.

Amen....I have been preaching this for at least 10 years now.
We have not been a Democratic Republic for just about 30 years now. And getting worse every year.
And then we have the millions of sheep who believe Obama has done anything different to change this - he certainly has not, in fact he has increased the plutocracy. There has been no President in history that is a friend to Wall Street like Obama - bar none. And the left have the audacity to cheer the DOW mirage as if it is a testament to his economic prowess. Just f*cking wow.
We are no longer represented by the federal government. Special interest groups and super massive corporations have had an absolute field day since 2009, while the common man has had his ass kicked from all sides.
Minorities have fared even worse. On all levels. YET - nothing from the media on the pummeling minorities have taken in the past 6 years - Obama gets a pass.

By the time the average American citizen realizes all of this - it will likely be too late.
I feel very bad for my children. They will not inherit the same America I did.

That is correct. What we have given our children is a heritage far less than we recieved. From the environment to the economic welfare of the average worker, they will have far less than we had. It is only in access to knowledge that they have gained. Whether they will act on that, and work to restore some of what we let go by, is the challenge of their generation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhvYeQPOcE]Wealth Distribution in the USA - SHOCKING! - YouTube[/ame]

The year after I graduated from high school, I had an entry level job where I made $6500 by working much overtime. That same year, my parents bought a very large nice house for $6500. Today, an entry level job, even with overtime, barely pays enough for cheap rent and food.

Amen....I have been preaching this for at least 10 years now.
We have not been a Democratic Republic for just about 30 years now. And getting worse every year.
And then we have the millions of sheep who believe Obama has done anything different to change this - he certainly has not, in fact he has increased the plutocracy. There has been no President in history that is a friend to Wall Street like Obama - bar none. And the left have the audacity to cheer the DOW mirage as if it is a testament to his economic prowess. Just f*cking wow.
We are no longer represented by the federal government. Special interest groups and super massive corporations have had an absolute field day since 2009, while the common man has had his ass kicked from all sides.
Minorities have fared even worse. On all levels. YET - nothing from the media on the pummeling minorities have taken in the past 6 years - Obama gets a pass.

By the time the average American citizen realizes all of this - it will likely be too late.
I feel very bad for my children. They will not inherit the same America I did.

I don't really care what the American people understand. With the amount of effort that plutocrats put out to tell regular people what to think, most of what they believe will be wrong.

Hell, most people don't know what a "plutocrat" is.

About the best we can hope for (IMO) is a benevolent plutocrat in the WH. I say this because the plutocrats have worked long and hard to get to the positions they are in.

And they ain't giving it up without a real serious fight. And with them controlling most all the money, the fight won't last long. They will just crash the economy if we get shitty with them.

But there are still oportunities to do well in America. You just have to look a lot harder to find them.

Oh and leaning how to lie, cheat and steal will help. The plutocrat way. All the while smiling and patting yourself on the back for a job well done.

Oh...and I guess you guys saw how our government allowed the sale of a large percentage of our pork industry to China...you know...the same country that last year had arsenic in baby food as a result of cutting cost in manufacturing, and the same country that is actively spying on us.
No...our government does not have our best interest - PERIOD.

Pork- the other yellow meat.

F*cking disgrace...and yet...the clueless American consumer will lap it up all the same without a thought.
We are losing our country because between partisan bullshit and pure ignorance, we have both the media and the government we deserve.

Forum List

Back