The right to be taken care of

If you are incarcerated or in a nut house sure. Otherwise GOYA(get off your ass) and help yourself.

Yes, if for some reason society deems it prudent to take away your freedom and ability to care for yourself, it takes upon itself the responsibility to do it for you in the process. Otherwise, you are correct: do it yourself.

and then you get into the whole argument of what "help" means and who are the ones who cant help themselves.

Catastrophic illness, insane, severely handicapped, orphaned.

This needs to be defined with very clear parameters.

Catastrophic illness: Can't get out of bed to work.

Insane: Has a tendency to hit self in head with wrench. Listens to country music.

Severely handicapped: Cannot hold a tool or type or get out of house to work. Falls over a lot, blind, deaf.

Orphaned: Under 18, both parents dead.

Last edited:

Catastrophic illness, insane, severely handicapped, orphaned.

This needs to be defined with very clear parameters.

Catastrophic illness: Can't get out of bed to work.

Insane: Has a tendency to hit self in head with wrench. Listens to country music.

Severely handicapped: Cannot hold a tool or type or get out of house to work. Falls over a lot, blind, deaf.

Orphaned: Under 18, both parents dead.

Catastrophic illness, better be permanent to get a benefit, and as stated, become a ward of the state..

Insane.. generally a ward of the state if not being taken care of by family anyway...

No on what you have for 'severely handicapped'.. because a lot of people with things you describe can indeed work to earn a living.. Never had a blind or deaf employee?? Hell, I had one without hands in one network center I ran...

Orphan minor, of course they need to be taken care of as a ward of the state until such time as they get adopted or become adult..

I have told my wife many times...when the time comes where I can no longer care for myself, hand me my piece and leave the room.

Forum List

Back