The Right To Bear Arms

I don't own a gun and I am a member of the NRA.

I own two shotguns and not a member of any organization.

You are a member of the militia.
as are we all. the Japanese in WW2 did not want to invade the USA because "there is a gun behind every tree".
/----/ And our Generals didn't want to invade Japan's mainland because the emperor had armed the citizens with guns and assorted weapons. In effect, there was a gun behind every shanty.

5c292ffe3c000050060f38c1.jpeg

NRA RUNNING LOW ON AMMO?

2018 Was A Bad Year For The NRA, And The Worst Could Be Yet To Come

Fuck the NRA. It was once a good outfit until hijacked by radicals in 1977.

No, it's the voices of hate and division in your head.

as are we all. the Japanese in WW2 did not want to invade the USA because "there is a gun behind every tree".
/----/ And our Generals didn't want to invade Japan's mainland because the emperor had armed the citizens with guns and assorted weapons. In effect, there was a gun behind every shanty.

Having the two nukes helped make that call too....

Having the two nukes helped make that call too....

Not to mention the US Army, US Army Air Corps, US Navy and the US Marines.

What you idiots fail to notice is that the government used its vast resources and incredible technology to overcome the potential individual opposition.

And they'd do it again if needed.

It was only a matter a time before their infrastructure collapsed. The nuclear option may have been a lesser Bad.

It was only a matter a time before their infrastructure collapsed. The nuclear option may have been a lesser Bad.
This is true and I think the Japanese recognize that as well.

The nuclear option was necessary because there was a gun behind every blade of grass for both countries.

That is a powerful deterrent for would-be invaders.

Arm yourselves.

the phrase was ,,,"behind every blade of grass"

And it was never said. Fact

The nuclear option was necessary because there was a gun behind every blade of grass for both countries.

Arm yourselves.
The point was, we merely needed to lay siege and wait them out. The nuclear option may have the lesser Bad.

What you idiots fail to notice is that the government used its vast resources and incredible technology to overcome the potential individual opposition.

And they'd do it again if needed.

No, you can nuke Japan if your bosses live the US, but you can't nuke the US.
The military is not capable of disarming a rebellious general population if it is armed.
Never has the US military succeeded against a well armed insurgency.
Vietnam should have taught everyone that lesson.

Except that Japan had been trying desperately to surrender for half a year before the nukes.
It was just that they only had direct communications with the Soviets, and Truman and Stalin had agreed to pretend to be confused when they discussed the Japanese surrender offers at Potsdam. Read the Truman "Potsdam Diaries".

Arm yourselves.
The point was, we merely needed to lay siege and wait them out. The nuclear option may have the lesser Bad.

Or kick their ass and get it over with, which is exactly what happened.

Arm yourselves.

No point in any siege at all.
It is easy to turn a whole island into a penal colony.
You just trade food shipments for any POWs they might have had on the mainland.

Except that Japan had been trying desperately to surrender for half a year before the nukes.
It was just that they only had direct communications with the Soviets, and Truman and Stalin had agreed to pretend to be confused when they discussed the Japanese surrender offers at Potsdam. Read the Truman "Potsdam Diaries".

"Desperately"???? LOL!

They didn't work at it very hard if they were as desperate as you say they were.

Arm yourselves.

Or nuke their sorry asses and get it over with, which is exactly what happened.

Arm yourselves.

Very poor choice because no matter how one tries to justify it, it was totally and completely illegal to attack whole cities of civilians.
There is no way to ever make that anything but a serious war crime, that sets an incredibly bad precedent.
You could almost justify attacking civilians in an democratic republic, where each individual is somewhat responsible for that the government does, but the civilians in imperial Japan were totally and completely innocent, since they had no part in starting the war.

they had radio.

Arm yourselves.

The holdup was, they had to surrender first.

Arm yourselves.

Very poor choice because no matter how one tries to justify it, it was totally and completely illegal to attack whole cities of civilians.
There is no way to ever make that anything but a serious war crime, that sets an incredibly bad precedent.
You could almost justify attacking civilians in an democratic republic, where each individual is somewhat responsible for that the government does, but the civilians in imperial Japan were totally and completely innocent, since they had no part in starting the war.

You should try reading a history book if you believe that our use of atomic weapons was the first time a civilian population had been targeted during war time.

Forum List

Back