Isn’t Hunter Biden actually innocent?

In a way, the Conservative posters on this subject remind me of the reaction of Einstein when confronted with the math on Black Holes.

Einstein had come up with the General Theory of Relativity, and the Special Theory of Relativity. Some physics types started to really consider the math, and Black Holes popped up. They were called Singularities.

They approached Einstein who looked at their work with horror. He hadn’t considered this implication of his work. Einstein told them their math was right, but the conclusions just had to be wrong. He spent a few years trying to pound the Universe into what became known as the Steady State condition, even postulating that there was a force or energy field that would prevent Black Holes.

We see the same sort of behavior in the Conservatives. Ones who cheered Bruen and announced that the Supreme Court had definitely determined the supremacy of the Second. Now the full implications are coming out. And the results of that are horrifying.

Not only will the charges against Hunter be thrown out. But the prohibitions against many should be thrown out too. Perhaps even most. At the time the Second was ratified, if you had money you could buy a gun. It didn’t matter if you had gotten out of prison twenty minutes ago. You could buy a gun. Your sentence was served.

There was no background check. No serial numbers. At most a makers mark to take credit for the craftsmanship. Like an artist signing his work, the gunsmith took pride in the result of his effort.

Drugs? People could and did buy Tincture of Laudanum without prescription or even an age check. For those go don’t know.

Read up and start to learn about our real history.

Twenty years ago, there was a short lived idea that was on stickers and shirts. ATF should be a convenience store, not a Federal Agency.

Einstein said his fight against Black Holes was one of his biggest mistakes. I wonder what those who want restrictions on guns for thee, but not for me, will say in another twenty years.

We also know that whistleblowers in the IRS said that they were told to avoid references to Joe Biden in their investigation of Hunter Biden. Moreover, they testified that the statute of limitations on the most serious charges related to these foreign payments were knowingly allowed to expire by the Justice Department, even though it would have been possible to extend the statute of limitations. The Justice Department then attempted an absurd sweetheart deal to close off the case without felony charges or jail time. That deal collapsed after a federal judge confirmed that even the prosecutors themselves had never seen such a sweeping deal.

First, there are the tax violations. While Hunter may be charged with some tax violations, the statute of limitations has now run out on the most controversial payments in the 2014 and 2015 period for foreign sources such as Ukraine’s Burisma. The obvious value in not claiming income is to avoid taxes. However, claiming income also highlights not just the receipt of these funds but their sources. Likewise, falsely claiming income as a “loan” can keep the money off the books or make it less likely to trigger scrutiny on the source and purpose of payments.

Second, there are the money transfers. The House has now detailed millions in transfers to Biden family members from a dizzyingly array of dozens of companies and accounts. The use of a complex labyrinth raises obvious concerns that it is a tactic used by individuals to conceal money transfers.

Third, many of us have noted that there seems ample basis for charging Hunter Biden under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, particularly given previous charges against such defendants as Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort. Registering as a foreign agent obviously invites much greater scrutiny over foreign dealings and the specific nations involved in lobbying efforts.

Again Hunter could still eventually face charges for avoiding taxes. But there is little evidence that the Justice Department has actively pursued these broader implications or motivations.

For many, the marginalization of these charges raises troubling concerns, particularly in light of the failed sweetheart deal and the allegations from the whistleblower. Even if the tax charges are brought, the framing of the investigation has been on the income rather than the influence sought in these dealings.

I’m just saying if you are driven by principle that this conclusion is the one you have to reach. Republicans, and especially the Gun Rights Advocates should be out there making this argument. They aren’t. They are jumping with joy that a Biden is going to be found guilty.

I didn’t write the decision. I didn’t have any input into it. The decision was written by the Supreme Court. This is their rules. Not mine. But if these are the rules, then you gotta follow them too.
Conversely, if it weren't your boy in offices son facing these charges; you would even consider posting a 2A purist view on this forum.

In a way, the Conservative posters on this subject remind me of the reaction of Einstein when confronted with the math on Black Holes.

Einstein had come up with the General Theory of Relativity, and the Special Theory of Relativity. Some physics types started to really consider the math, and Black Holes popped up. They were called Singularities.

They approached Einstein who looked at their work with horror. He hadn’t considered this implication of his work. Einstein told them their math was right, but the conclusions just had to be wrong. He spent a few years trying to pound the Universe into what became known as the Steady State condition, even postulating that there was a force or energy field that would prevent Black Holes.

We see the same sort of behavior in the Conservatives. Ones who cheered Bruen and announced that the Supreme Court had definitely determined the supremacy of the Second. Now the full implications are coming out. And the results of that are horrifying.

Not only will the charges against Hunter be thrown out. But the prohibitions against many should be thrown out too. Perhaps even most. At the time the Second was ratified, if you had money you could buy a gun. It didn’t matter if you had gotten out of prison twenty minutes ago. You could buy a gun. Your sentence was served.

There was no background check. No serial numbers. At most a makers mark to take credit for the craftsmanship. Like an artist signing his work, the gunsmith took pride in the result of his effort.

Drugs? People could and did buy Tincture of Laudanum without prescription or even an age check. For those go don’t know.

Read up and start to learn about our real history.

Twenty years ago, there was a short lived idea that was on stickers and shirts. ATF should be a convenience store, not a Federal Agency.

Einstein said his fight against Black Holes was one of his biggest mistakes. I wonder what those who want restrictions on guns for thee, but not for me, will say in another twenty years.
I don't disagree that the 4473 is unconstitutional and if this case ends up getting it ruled so, that still a win and the irony will be the best part...lol

Funny how Leftists suddenly hate the very laws they've pushed for decades.

Conversely, if it weren't your boy in offices son facing these charges; you would even consider posting a 2A purist view on this forum.

I’ve said many times I am a member of the NRA. I own, carry, shoot, and care for several firearms.

By a curious coincidence I just got home from running errands and I was armed. I know. A liberal who was armed. But it is true. I also have a CCW License in Georgia.

Now my argument on the issue is this. I didn’t write the decision. I didn’t vote on it with the Supremes. I may think it is an idiotic standard. But that is the law according to our System which I support. If this is the standard we are going to use, we have to apply it to everyone. Not just minorities and people we don’t like.

I have said I support CCW licensing. But many states, including mine, have adopted Constitutional Carry. I’m keeping my license and keeping it updated when it is time to renew. Several reasons. The reciprocity agreement between several states says that permits are valid across those states. Constitutional Carry doesn’t cross state lines, for one.

Any other questions on the subject of weapons? Or the Second Amendment?

I’ve said many times I am a member of the NRA. I own, carry, shoot, and care for several firearms.

By a curious coincidence I just got home from running errands and I was armed. I know. A liberal who was armed. But it is true. I also have a CCW License in Georgia.

Now my argument on the issue is this. I didn’t write the decision. I didn’t vote on it with the Supremes. I may think it is an idiotic standard. But that is the law according to our System which I support. If this is the standard we are going to use, we have to apply it to everyone. Not just minorities and people we don’t like.

I have said I support CCW licensing. But many states, including mine, have adopted Constitutional Carry. I’m keeping my license and keeping it updated when it is time to renew. Several reasons. The reciprocity agreement between several states says that permits are valid across those states. Constitutional Carry doesn’t cross state lines, for one.

Any other questions on the subject of weapons? Or the Second Amendment?
I hadn't asked you any question regarding the 2A; less still have any "others"...

Actually. I’ve done so before.

If the argument is that there should be no restrictions on the Second, then I agree and insist that it apply to everyone.

In NY Pistol and Rifle vs. Bruen the Supreme Court held that prohibitions on Firearms Ownership must have been either common practice or similarly prohibited at the time the Second was adopted.

So where is the Analogous example that such restrictions are Constituional under the Second Amendment?

At the time of the adaptation of the Second the only paperwork you might deal with was a receipt for payment.

Hunter was not prohibited by Court Order. He hadn’t been convicted of anything previously where the Court had ordered that he not own firearms for a period of time. His right to keep and bear arms had been stripped from him without due process of law.

Isn’t the crime he is charged with, in fact tents of thousands have been charged with, unconstitutional on its face under the Bruen decision?
Probably guilty. Can we put him and Trump in the same cell?

Republicans, and especially the Gun Rights Advocates should be out there making this argument. They aren’t.
Fake news.

I made a different argument based on due process the day before you posted this.

Robinson v California states clearly that being an addict is not and cannot be classified as a crime.

Therefore removing a person's Constitutional Rights on a basis other than criminal conviction is a violation of due process.

Forum List

Back